MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt, but Askren's not the type to walk towards him with his hands up signaling a fight like that peanut Edwards did. Askren will just poke fun at him on a Q&A stage like he did at the 235 press conference.
Masvidal may have not told the whole truth... Edward's didn't walk towards Masvidal with his hands up, also Masvidal claimed the he walked up to Edward's with his hands behind his back. He walked off from the interview with his hands behind his back, but they were by his side for the last few metres.
Another thing...Edward's only said something along the lines of "see you in july".

Masvidal may have not told the whole truth... Edward's didn't walk towards Masvidal with his hands up, also Masvidal claimed the he walked up to Edward's with his hands behind his back. He walked off from the interview with his hands behind his back, but they were by his side for the last few metres.
Another thing...Edward's only said something along the lines of "see you in july".

The video of the interview showed what Jorge said was true. I didn't notice Edwards with his hands up initially, but when he comes in to frame, they definitely were. Whether his intentions were to just go over then and talk until he noticed Leon's hands up though, that may be another story.

Meh, I really couldn't care less about the nitty gritty details, politics, or who said or did what, that's for people with YouTube and Reddit accounts and too much time on their hands to conspire. What was widely accepted as happening by onlookers was Edwards was jawing at him and when Masvidal approached with hands behind his back initially - Edwards has his hands up initially.

None of that is likely to happen with Askren, if anything it'll probably go down similar to Bisping and Masvidal's confrontation, IMO.

Meh, I really couldn't care less about the nitty gritty details, politics, or who said or did what, that's for people with YouTube and Reddit accounts and too much time on their hands to conspire. What was widely accepted as happening by onlookers was Edwards was jawing at him and when Masvidal approached with hands behind his back initially - Edwards has his hands up initially.

None of that is likely to happen with Askren, if anything it'll probably go down similar to Bisping and Masvidal's confrontation, IMO.
Wtf ever... jesus lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give him Khabib. :hearteyes:

Definitely not.

Khabib gets winner of Holloway/Poirier.

McGregor v Ferguson would make sense. No idea how long Ferguson will be out for though.

Winner of Iaquinta/Cerrone vs Gaethje. Not sure how this will work either as the winner will probably be calling for title or #1 contender fight.

You see his last fight? It's bad enough the guy is a woman basher and came into the UFC with a horrible reputation, but then he pulls a seriously ****** up illegal knee in his last fight. Look it up.
As for assaulting his (at the time) girlfriend.. That's a huge f-up. I don't know all the details, but I think it was a once off, very bad mistake.

The illegal knee, I saw it. A bad look, but I think those illegal knees are somewhat common from time to time (Johnny Walker and Jeremy Stephen's come to mind). It happens sometimes in the heat of the moment when the adrenaline is in overdrive. No one is going out trying to get DQd.

Edit: Walker's was a kick that just grazed the guy that was down.

Last edited:
As for assaulting his (at the time) girlfriend.. That's a huge f-up. I don't know all the details, but I think it was a once off, very bad mistake.

The illegal knee, I saw it. A bad look, but I think those illegal knees are somewhat common from time to time (Johnny Walker and Jeremy Stephen's come to mind). It happens sometimes in the heat of the moment when the adrenaline is in overdrive. No one is going out trying to get DQd.

I hope it was a one off mistake. And I can empathize that adrenaline / first fight nerves had a big affect, but at the same time, guy has a hairpin trigger temper already, it isn't a coincidence he snapped for a split second and drilled a guy. It's scarier that he cant control it.

I hope it was a one off mistake. And I can empathize that adrenaline / first fight nerves had a big affect, but at the same time, guy has a hairpin trigger temper already, it isn't a coincidence he snapped for a split second and drilled a guy. It's scarier that he cant control it.
I forget this from Jones, too, from his last fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back