MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the Edwards/RDA contest. Edwards fought a good, safe'ish fight.....looks like he has some decent pop to his strikes. I think RDA struggle with the reach and height difference.

Happy Hooker got a good stoppage win over Vick.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Dana probably wants to take his time and get him more experience before throwing him into the deep end. Because soon it will get to a point where he's gonna need more than just pure explosive athleticism to get by.
The level of the top ranked UFC fighters is crazy as well.

3 all timers in Cormier, Velasquez and Miocic. Ngannou the scary man with power. World class fighters like Blaydes and and JDS and then up an coming power monsters like Tuivasa and Hardy. Problem forgetting a few aswell but the heavyweight division is a must watch.

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pure domination from Colby. Has to fight Usman for belt now.
Both incredibly strong wrestlers with huge cardio.
Put Edwards vs. Jorge as the co-main.

Colby's pressure and and pace was great though, going to be a interesting fight if he fights Usman, which going on rankings and recent record, should end up happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't always nail his s**t talk but it's an entertainment business and that blokes entertaining lol
he goes full WWE

he goes full WWE

Not sure if there are any wrestling fans here but he actually used Kurt Angle's (former pro wrestler & Olympic freestyle wrestling gold medalist) music

He and a few American top team boys did some work in impact wrestling with bobby lashley who’s a team mate

Weird times we live in at the moment, Alberto Del Rio fighting Tito in MMA, Velasquez just recently this weekend doing pro-wrestling.

Weird times we live in at the moment, Alberto Del Rio fighting Tito in MMA, Velasquez just recently this weekend doing pro-wrestling.
Makes sense for mma fighters to transition to wrestling steady pay etc

Cormier is going to do some wwe work when smackdown goes to fox most likely behind the mic but I could see them doing a brock feud

But it’s happened for years Inoki having his new japan guys do pancrase

Shamrock/Severn/brock/lashley/tank abbot/punk and swagger doing both

The biggest natural mma guy would be chael

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Not sure if there are any wrestling fans here but he actually used Kurt Angle's (former pro wrestler & Olympic freestyle wrestling gold medalist) music

Very disappointed that more of the crowd didn't chant "YOU SUCK".

Colby fought a great fight, but he's a poor man's Chael on the mic. Don't get the love for him at all.

I was surprised Robbie was as inactive as he was in the main event. It was clear from early on Colby's pace was a problem, but his power didn't appear to worry Robbie at all. Instead of letting loose, he was far too willing to back up against the cage and let Colby work.

It's great. He's full WWE but then he dominates RDA and Lawler.

I like him and Mcgregor, I like Whittaker and Masvidal.

The UFC as an entertainment product is a million times better than the AFL

Whittaker could have been an AFL player. "Yeah nah, just happy to get the win. All credit to [insert fighter]" is how every interview with him goes.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whittaker could have been an AFL player. "Yeah nah, just happy to get the win. All credit to [insert fighter]" is how every interview with him goes.
I listen to his Grange podcasts he does with his coaches and guests each week, he's a lot more open on there than you get with MMA media interviews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back