MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
-WTF was Kron thinking? Understand that you need to be able to strike in some capacity but he wasn't even looking to takedown at all.

-That decision against Pena was laughable. Great fight and he looks like a really dynamic young fighter.

-Very solid win by Joanna. Waterson was brave in defeat.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Vick's gonna be a vegetable once retirement rolls around at this rate, he's been on the end of some baaad KO's. Dariush, Gaethje, Hooker and now Price. They were all ugly looks for his future health and longevity.

Ugly. Feel like Kron was pushed a bit early and a bad match up. Cubs footwork just levels above.

To be fair, Kron and his management pushed for the hardest fights right from the outset, they wanted a harder fight than Alex Caceres for his debut. But Ben Askren's comments on social media are right - Kron had a terrible gameplan, absolutely no skills when it comes to takedowns. Which is reminiscent of that camp with the Diaz Bros, Boxing and Jiu Jitsu. No takedowns/wrestling abilities.

Maybe they can put some combination of Kron, Ryan Hall, Bryan Ortega together. A lot of high level grapplers in Featherweight atm.

Sosoli didn't mix it up but with the reach and size difference, don't think he could have done much more.

As for the inhaler from Hardy at the end of the 2nd, massive joke commission ok'd that.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
I hate Hardy, but why is it unacceptable to use an asthma inhaler?
He would have used it before the fight so what’s wrong with him having it after the rounds ? Surely if he’s not allowed to & then has complications in the cage then the UFC are liable ?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I hate Hardy, but why is it unacceptable to use an asthma inhaler?
He would have used it before the fight so what’s wrong with him having it after the rounds ? Surely if he’s not allowed to & then has complications in the cage then the UFC are liable ?
Agreed.

But Reason being for arguments sake what is in the inhaler etc.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Weidemen and campaigners like him should of hung em up ages ago. Classic fighters mistake going way past their use by date.

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Huge opportunity for Ben Sosoli today after the Contender disappointment, taking out Hardy will get him a profile.
Sosoli is garbage. I saw nothing on TUF to make me think he was up to this level. Very surprised he got a contract.

I know the UFC wants to blood more Australian fighters, but there's got to be some quality control.
Putting one dimensional fighters like Tafa, Sosoli, Kassem into the big leagues is embarrassing.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Sosoli is garbage. I saw nothing on TUF to make me think he was up to this level. Very surprised he got a contract.

I know the UFC wants to blood more Australian fighters, but there's got to be some quality control.
Putting one dimensional fighters like Tafa, Sosoli, Kassem into the big leagues is embarrassing.

I wouldn’t say garbage that’s for sure. But clearly stand and bang heavyweights will always get a chance cause the crowd loves them.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Hardy will get sparked hard the day he faces a real fighter. He’s had some nice handpicked opponents so far

They're hoping to find Tai Tuivasa - he's not exactly lighting the world on fire but he's the type of heavyweight fighter people love to watch

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I wouldn’t say garbage that’s for sure. But clearly stand and bang heavyweights will always get a chance cause the crowd loves them.

They're hoping to find Tai Tuivasa - he's not exactly lighting the world on fire but he's the type of heavyweight fighter people love to watch
Yeah, I completely understand that the crowd likes to watch heavyweights who stand and bang like Mark Hunt, Roy Nelson etc. I do too.

But people definitely do not like to watch heavyweights like Sosoli. Look on Twitter. It was full of fans talking about how bad he was.

He looked very slow. Kept throwing the same combination and didn't change things up. No kicks, no grappling in his arsenal.

No point blooding Aussie "brawlers" if they haven't got the technique or athletic ability to execute it in the UFC.

Back