MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

just dropped a large wager on Volkov via Sportsbet. Very, very generous odds. He is going to light Hardy up & feed him to the dogs

$1.35 at the moment. What did you get on him at?

Also, TF is paying $2.45 to beat Khabib! That's way too high, as good Khabib is.

$1.35 at the moment. What did you get on him at?

Also, TF is paying $2.45 to beat Khabib! That's way too high, as good Khabib is.
I’m on @1.46. I don’t want to encourage anyone to bet on anything as I don’t want to come on this sub and do that, but I think it will get pretty close to $1.20 by fight night. I know it’s heavyweights but still, There’s levels to this & Hardy simply ain’t on that top 5 level. Volkov was 10 seconds and a freak black beast haymaker away from being on a 7 fight win streak and inching close to a title fight. Could probably hedge it with Hardy KO Rd 1 on fight night as this is really the only hope he has.
As for Ferg, I’m obviously a big fan and love him at any odds >2.20 as I think it’s a genuine 50-50 fight. But I think you will get better odds on him closer to the fight once it’s announced. I do however have another large bet on that fight to go over 2.5 rounds @1.83, Sportsbet have since taken the market down & I got a feeling they are going to void my bet.
On another note I’ll die a happy man once I get to see that fight haha

Khabib will destroy Ferguson, anybody who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Poirier was mentally done after the first round.

This Khabib fella is no ordinary man.

Uh tony Ferguson is far from what I’d call an ordinary man either. Khabib will deservingly be the favourite but I think Tony will definitely be one of his toughest tests

If he locks in a guillotine like Poirer did Khabib is going to sleep

If he locks in a guillotine like Poirer did Khabib is going to sleep
I heard an interview with his bjj coach Eddie bravo saying he is focusing darce chokes. Apparently he can get them from all sorts of positions on the ground. His jiujitsu style is so creative. In the past we have seen guys just desperately try to stand back up when taken down by Khabib. I think this is the first time we will see someone try to actually try to implement offence from those disadvantageous positions on the ground. Nico Price looks to have that similar style where he goes for crazy stuff in spots where most guys would be trying to work on standing back up or improving position.
I just hope the fight actually happens. People have been wanting this fight for a few years now. Whatever way it goes we are in for a real treat

I heard an interview with his bjj coach Eddie bravo saying he is focusing darce chokes. Apparently he can get them from all sorts of positions on the ground. His jiujitsu style is so creative. In the past we have seen guys just desperately try to stand back up when taken down by Khabib. I think this is the first time we will see someone try to actually try to implement offence from those disadvantageous positions on the ground. Nico Price looks to have that similar style where he goes for crazy stuff in spots where most guys would be trying to work on standing back up or improving position.
I just hope the fight actually happens. People have been wanting this fight for a few years now. Whatever way it goes we are in for a real treat
Porier had a good position aswell at one point, definitely not outside the realms of possibility

Very much excited for the return of Ben Askren this evening, main event from around 1AM folks.

Funny as a guy supposedly boring as a fighter he has been incredibly captivating in his first two and into tonight.

Porier had a good position aswell at one point, definitely not outside the realms of possibility
Khabib was merely doing the MMA version of rope-a-dope, he let Poirier gas himself with the choke attempt, all too easy for the man from Makhachkala.

In saying all of this I'd love to see Ferguson beat Khabib, prove that the man is mortal after all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Askren was winning on points until Maia was able to get his back in the 3rd.

Askren’s grappling and take downs was quality but on the ground he gave up his advantage too many times with Maia scrambling out, getting on top and eventually getting Askren’s back with the choke.

I’d like to see Askren get one more fight but it wouldn’t surprise me if he called it a day.

Dumb idea for Askren to continue to look for takedowns, especially after getting reversed on multiple occasions. I thought he would use his wrestling to keep it standing and look to control Demian in the clinch. I guess he went on to auto pilot in chasing takedowns and paid the price. Great win for Maia and great to see him get to fight someone who wanted to fight him on the ground.

Gane looked outstanding again, but hasn't fought much yet. Mayes is tough and has some skill but is a long way from being a top 15 heavy right now. Having said that, I'd be happy to see Gane take the slow route given his lack of MMA experience and that he's very young for a heavy at 29.

I was impressed with Lookboonme on the undercard. Albu's no world beater but is tough and very strong for the weight class, so to see her get handled like that was impressive. Loma's very Muay Thai oriented at the moment, but has great technique and showed a good chin too. If her grappling can continue to improve she could be one to watch at 115.

Just saw the askren fight. I’m not a fan of him to be honest but I liked the fact he had to stand up and throw . And not the best on the mat it seems . Great fight though .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can say a lot about Askren but all three fights have been quite dramatic, for a bloke who was meant to be boring his fights have been very compelling. Great fight I agree, both guys performed great.

You can say a lot about Askren but all three fights have been quite dramatic, for a bloke who was meant to be boring his fights have been very compelling. Great fight I agree, both guys performed great.

Yeah inter . He’s learning how to fight and not just wrestle. He got beaten in both facets . Interesting who he fights next .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surprised there are no comments about this morning's card by now. Zabit vs Kattar was a great fight. I figured Zabit would try and stay out of boxing range as I expected him to be at a disadvantage there. He fought a great fight and had a guy with superb striking second guessing himself for most of the first two rounds. Kattar finished strong, but didn't do enough to get the nod for me. Zabit has shown a bit of a drop off in a few fights now where he's been taken deep, so while I think he has the size and skills to trouble a guy like Max, I think in the end he would get overwhelmed. It would make for great watching as long as it lasted though.

For all the horrible stuff Hardy has done in the past, I respect what he did this morning. Fighting Volkov in Russia after less than 2 years in the pro fight game is a huge effort and he didn't look that out of place. I doubted he would amount to much, but he's showing rapid improvement and could be something in 2 or 3 years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back