IronMike

All Australian
Jul 22, 2010
Locked up in Don King's basement.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Collingwood
That might just be the most frustrating fight I've ever watched.

I don't know what Rozens coaches were saying but if it takes till the last 5 seconds of a 5 round fight to finally let your hands go, it might be time to get some new coaches.

It looked like he had no game plan at all. He has so much potential with his power and chin but it's just going to waste as it is right now.

Nasty nasty nasty power in that shot.

First 5 round fight for him I think? Down on the scorecards and had enough composure to get a KO.

Interested to know the exact rules RE a KO, Im personally happy with the call but seeing a lot of people disputing it.

That might just be the most frustrating fight I've ever watched.

I don't know what Rozens coaches were saying but if it takes till the last 5 seconds of a 5 round fight to finally let your hands go, it might be time to get some new coaches.

It looked like he had no game plan at all. He has so much potential with his power and chin but it's just going to waste as it is right now.

Don't think he's ever gone past the 2nd round. Bit early on that call. Only assume that his first main event they were being overly cautious.

The problem with 'walk offs' is that it encourages the ref to stop the fight.

Overeem got up straight away.
TBF , he didn't exactly look too crash hot when he did

IronMike

All Australian
Jul 22, 2010
Locked up in Don King's basement.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Collingwood
TBF , he didn't exactly look too crash hot when he did

Yea Reem didn't have his legs under him. Looked like the fence saved him stumbling, happens when fighters try to get back up too quickly after flash KO's. Like Zab Judah against Tszyu.

That's why boxing coaches will drum into fighters to eat some of the count and gather yourself before jumping back up.

Either way that's a doctors stoppage with a chunk of his face falling off.

If Rozenstruik didn't walk off, and Dan didn't immediately starting running in, Reem would be dead now or a vegetable.

Not sure what the exact rules are for the end of the final round but if he isn't of sound mind or physical state at the conclusion of the fight, (he wasn't present for the winners hand raised) don't think you should be determined the winner. Just my 2c.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
im happy with the stoppage of the ME. Reem is a true legend but he is one guy in particular that doesn't need to take unnecessary damage. fight reminded me of Derrick Lewis vs Volkov. 1 guy dominates the whole fight till the other knocks him out in the last few seconds. I feel for Reem cause he really is a legend and is kind of underappreciated imo

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reem is in for a very troubled retirement health-wise. He's made enough money, walk away. Will be a vegetable before 55 no doubt

78 fights between MMA & kickboxing with 17 TKO/KO losses. That many KO losses is bad enough but what about damage absorbed in winning fights and training camps?! These guys continue far too long

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Reem is in for a very troubled retirement health-wise. He's made enough money, walk away. Will be a vegetable before 55 no doubt

78 fights between MMA & kickboxing with 17 TKO/KO losses. That many KO losses is bad enough but what about damage absorbed in winning fights and training camps?! These guys continue far too long

While he doesn't have the obvious signs that others fighter have had, I agree. He's been on the end of some horrible KO's and Sunday could well have been another ugly one had Rozenstruik not walked off. I'm more than happy with the stoppage in that circumstance.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
While he doesn't have the obvious signs that others fighter have had, I agree. He's been on the end of some horrible KO's and Sunday could well have been another ugly one had Rozenstruik not walked off. I'm more than happy with the stoppage in that circumstance.
Haha I had a decent sized bet on Reem so I'd prefer it had gone to the cards! The ref could have let him go 4 more seconds :tearsofjoy:

In all seriousness, I don't know how you stop a guy fighting when it's his job but you also have to protect them from themselves. Mundine a good example. Manny Pac another good one, 70+ fights and 1000's of head strikes isn't going to end well.

Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Haha I had a decent sized bet on Reem so I'd prefer it had gone to the cards! The ref could have let him go 4 more seconds :tearsofjoy:

In all seriousness, I don't know how you stop a guy fighting when it's his job but you also have to protect them from themselves. Mundine a good example. Manny Pac another good one, 70+ fights and 1000's of head strikes isn't going to end well.

Pacquiao as an example is one that is strange. He's got a career to fall back on, has made enough money to last several life times and is treated like a god in the Philippines. I get that fighters would miss the thrill of competing (and to be fair, Manny's still very capable) but I don't understand why a guy in that position would want to continue to put his health at risk.

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
im happy with the stoppage of the ME. Reem is a true legend but he is one guy in particular that doesn't need to take unnecessary damage. fight reminded me of Derrick Lewis vs Volkov. 1 guy dominates the whole fight till the other knocks him out in the last few seconds. I feel for Reem cause he really is a legend and is kind of underappreciated imo

NP I don’t think Reem was in front when knockdown .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back