MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair points.

From memory in the Izzy fight, he's recklessness was on another level though.

It is great regardless though that the Middleweight divison is starting to get pretty solid with Izzy, Hermanson, Rob and Till, all 32 or under.
maybe, maybe not

The difference is Izzy is a counter puncher and Whittakers recklessness played straight into his hands

maybe, maybe not

The difference is Izzy is a counter puncher and Whittakers recklessness played straight into his hands

Think you might be confused with what I was saying.

Comparing his temperament between the fights, he was borderline out of control in the Izzy fight, after round 1 it was nowhere near as bad in the Izzy fight IMO.

Don't disagree at all that he needs to continue to make improvements and his overall style at the moment makes Izzy a bad matchup.

Im still not sure Robs head was 100% in that Izzy fight. Something was really off.
Mate for sure, it still didn't seem right to begin the Till fight. He was anxious to perform and it seems like it manifested in searching for a KO. He's never been a one punch over hand killer but he's been searching for it alot in his last couple of fights.

Rob's main point of difference was the variance of his attacks, his strikes are creative and they come hidden behind other shots. That overhand you can see coming from a mile away and that's why he never connected with it. My fear would be that Till was a little gunshy with his counters. It's very easy to say sitting at home but those charging overhands didn't look overly skillful or hard to counter for a high level striker

Im still not sure Robs head was 100% in that Izzy fight. Something was really off.
Fought Izzy the same way he fought R1 v Till I thought. Headhunting rather than mixing it up

TBH, I'm not sure it matters what he does v Izzy, the result is the same more often than not. Not good enough wrestling to get it down, not good enough a striker to win that battle.

He starches Hermansen though IMO and should beat Cannonier. Just needs to settle in quicker than he did v Till

Fought Izzy the same way he fought R1 v Till I thought. Headhunting rather than mixing it up

TBH, I'm not sure it matters what he does v Izzy, the result is the same more often than not. Not good enough wrestling to get it down, not good enough a striker to win that battle.

He starches Hermansen though IMO and should beat Cannonier. Just needs to settle in quicker than he did v Till
Yah I think his best bet vs Adesanya would be to drag it to a 5 round match where he doesn't commit to hard to anything, same way Till fought Gastelum.

Yah I think his best bet vs Adesanya would be to drag it to a 5 round match where he doesn't commit to hard to anything, same way Till fought Gastelum.
I think he'd get picked apart doing that. He probably needs to get him out early or win a very dour decision though. Hard to see anything else (and those 2 things probably won't work anyway) working when Izzy is so much better standing...

I honestly can't see any way that Rob can take the title from Izzy. He'd have an advantage in the grappling and up against the cage.. Actually, I probably wouldn't call it an advantage as much as he'd fare better in those situations. ie. a Couture style gameplan of sorts.

Yeah all fair points but coming off two Romero’s and the Izzy loss coupled with his layoff . It’s still a 50 in my opinion . He looked composed against till. Till surprised me not throwing more. Agree on that over hand right but they do say your strength is your weakness . Rob has to get through his next fight ...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rousey told White that Shahbazyan has that extra edge that is often the difference between good contenders and world champions.

“He’s such a sweet and quiet kid, but man, he’s a [expletive] killer,” she said. “If people actually take a moment to watch him, they’ll never be able to forget him.”

Forget who? ☺

Rousey told White that Shahbazyan has that extra edge that is often the difference between good contenders and world champions.

“He’s such a sweet and quiet kid, but man, he’s a [expletive] killer,” she said. “If people actually take a moment to watch him, they’ll never be able to forget him.”

Forget who? ☺

Lol he needs to get away from rousey

Fight reminded me a lot of Alexander Hernandez when he fought Donald Cerrone.

Had won all his fights by first round stoppage, suddenly gets dragged into the deeper waters and was completely found out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back