MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
obvious Lewis was sitting back and waiting to throw the uppercut or knee when blades shot in.

lewis was not biting on the feints - but wasn’t doing anything dangerous in the stand up.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Blaydes was $1.12 fav after round 1 where it was exclusively upright

The idea he needed to wrestle is probably flawed. Either gameplan had risk with Lewis' power though, it only takes one as we saw...
Exactly right. You can say he should've stayed standing or tried working some takedowns off the cage or whatever; against most heavyweights, let alone Lewis, there's always a risk you're getting starched.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
958.png

Every time I see Bisping on the commentary, I become more of a fan.

Probably my top pick for commentary in the UFC at this point, and he will only continue to get better with experience.
Listen to his podcast 'Believe You Me'

Makes you like him even more

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Blaydes was $1.12 fav after round 1 where it was exclusively upright

The idea he needed to wrestle is probably flawed. Either gameplan had risk with Lewis' power though, it only takes one as we saw...

should have kept it up with the leg kicks and boxing exchanges and not a stupid, telegraphed head down shot in r2

‘we saw against volkov blades can’t wrestle for 5 rounds - Lewis would have been a lot easier to take down and hold down in rounds 4 and 5

therisk on the shot was way greater than a standing Knockout in r 2

just stupid

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Listen to his podcast 'Believe You Me'

Makes you like him even more

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Always listen to it. Cracking podcast hes a much more ripper bloke than you'd think.

Always talks about how he generally didn't have bad blood with his opponents but needed to do the s**t talking to make himself stay focused for a fight as well as understand the need to sell.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Turns out he should have stayed away from the takedown attempts!

Yea I'm disappointed in Blaydes. I like him a lot and think he should and would have won this quite easily. Just had to be a more careful and patient. Bisping said 5-10 mins before it happened no matter what took place before if he rushes in and gets caught by a Lewis upper cut it's over.

Always listen to it. Cracking podcast hes a much more ripper bloke than you'd think.

Always talks about how he generally didn't have bad blood with his opponents but needed to do the sh*t talking to make himself stay focused for a fight as well as understand the need to sell.
Yeah he comes across a lot like Till. A bit of the old Aussie type of character, likes to take the piss out of everything and doesn't take themselves too seriously.

It's funny because I know he was trying to hype up fights and ewas happy to be the bad guy when he was fighting but I reckon he would have been more popular if he came across as the bloke he does on his podcast. having said that I guess when you are in your early 40's and not fighting for a living its easier to mature and settle a bit

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Lewis fought very smart yesterday, he wasn't falling for any of Blaydes' feints, waited, bided his time and attacked decisively. He timed that uppercut very well, probably didn't need the follow ups but I guess that's the game.

Overall excellent card, and great to see Casey O'Neill have a good win, looks like she has a good future.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm not going to blast him for that. Has been a few instances where fighters haven't followed up and the ref hasnt properly reacted and fights have continued. Not Lewis's fault

What was the womens fight a few weeks back? I was adamant Herb f'd up others werent.

Throw til your pulled off them.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not going to blast him for that. Has been a few instances where fighters haven't followed up and the ref hasnt properly reacted and fights have continued. Not Lewis's fault

True enough, and you really seem to see a lot more flash kos in MMA than in boxing, I'm not sure why that is. So yes, walk off kos look cool but very risky.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is the fight I was staying up for (local time 1am here in Bulgaria).

Dobson $2.50 underdog vs Aussie / Scot Casey O'Neill.

Dobson's TDD is pretty poor but she has a strong guard, and is very tough.

O'Neill is making her UFC debut, and some of her previous fights were straight up cans.

This could go either way. I'm on Dobson.
I genuinely had no idea, naturally thought ooh? Some young Aussie girl? against a more experienced American? She's gonna get mauled on the ground.

I don't know if having 0 expectations had anything to do with it but I was pretty damn impressed with Casey's performance tbh.

Back