MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what the official rule is, but that feels like it should be a No Contest. A bloke shouldn't lose because of an illegal (through accidental) strike.

He gets away with this one, but for all his support of the UFC's fighter pay, Holland could find himself gone pretty soon.

They were both moving when clashing heads weren't they? It's an accident but a stretch to call it an illegal strike when they were both moving IMO.

They were both moving when clashing heads weren't they? It's an accident but a stretch to call it an illegal strike when they were both moving IMO.

Illegal in the sense that it's not sanctioned.

It wasn't an illegal strike? It was a no contest due to accidental head clash. If it was illegal Daukas would have lost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any time there's accidental headbutts like that, should be treated like groin strikes. Pause for up to 5 mins, review footage if you have to, and go from there. Now both guys have been done out of a victory.

It wasn't an illegal strike? It was a no contest due to accidental head clash. If it was illegal Daukas would have lost

Going by social comments and what DC was saying (which I don't agree with)

Any time there's accidental headbutts like that, should be treated like groin strikes. Pause for up to 5 mins, review footage if you have to, and go from there. Now both guys have been done out of a victory.

Going by social comments and what DC was saying (which I don't agree with)

I think they're just saying it wrong. Illegal would be groin strikes and 12-6 which would be a DQ loss.

It was a no contest. Fair result imo

Wouldn't have thought so mate. He was fighter of the year last year.
"Soon" was the wrong choice of word. What I mean is, he's been basically uncompetitive three fights in a row now, he needs to develop in a big way to stay in any way relevant. Right now, it looks like favourable match-making, or a Jacare-type flashy KO, is the only way he'll win.

"Soon" was the wrong choice of word. What I mean is, he's been basically uncompetitive three fights in a row now, he needs to develop in a big way to stay in any way relevant. Right now, it looks like favourable match-making, or a Jacare-type flashy KO, is the only way he'll win.
Bro he won 5 in a row in a year and then lost to 2 title challenge level blokes. He doesn't even have a ranking I don't think.

His wrestling was def improved in this fight. He managed to get to his feet twice. Which didn't happen against Brunson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back