May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Alright, this Sunday:

1649986519314.png

I've been talking him up a bit lately so will be embarrassed if Luque can't beat Belal. I think both guys have improved quite a bit since their 2016 fight, but Luque is just the better fighter.

Not a great deal going on for the rest of the card but keen to see Chris Barnett again.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Alright, this Sunday:

View attachment 1373516

I've been talking him up a bit lately so will be embarrassed if Luque can't beat Belal. I think both guys have improved quite a bit since their 2016 fight, but Luque is just the better fighter.

Not a great deal going on for the rest of the card but keen to see Chris Barnett again.

I believe it’s Ramadan and Muhammad has been fasting, geez would be a tough gig to fight during that

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I believe it’s Ramadan and Muhammad has been fasting, geez would be a tough gig to fight during that
I was interested to know how he does it. Found this..

"Fasting during Ramadan means abstinence from all food or drink, including water and chewing gum, from dawn to sunset. It is recommended that before sunrise, Muslims eat a prefast meal known as suhur. This meal often resembles breakfast, but in some cultures it may include more dinner-like foods".

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Khamzat was in Ramadan as well, very tough gig. There is an allowance for travellers but really, getting enough nutrition with the amount of activity you're doing would be impossible.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Alright, this Sunday:

View attachment 1373516

hmmm...Klose got a headache after a weigh in shove from Jeremy Stephens i think, anyone going for Loosa ?

fu** I'm not watching but I thought Luque would fu** him
Total opposite

Could have made a solid case for Belal to win 50-45 tbh

Belal just took him down and kept him down with eaze

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
The amount of bitching "fans" on social media because Belal won is hilarious. He literally outstruck Vincente and they're still mad. Is he the most exciting fighter? Absolutely not, but not everyone can be.

The amount of bitching "fans" on social media because Belal won is hilarious. He literally outstruck Vincente and they're still mad. Is he the most exciting fighter? Absolutely not, but not everyone can be.
Really?

Belal slaughtered him I thought

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
He's the whipping boy at this point. He's starting to play to it as well, which is a good move as he's boring as hell as a fighter.

Just a really disappointing effort from Luque. All his momentum after 4 in a row is now gone and he has to start all over again. The lack of urgency at any point was baffling.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Really?

Belal slaughtered him I thought
The result was never in doubt. I don't think it mattered what Belal done, he wasn't going to get any love imo.
He's the whipping boy at this point. He's starting to play to it as well, which is a good move as he's boring as hell as a fighter.

Just a really disappointing effort from Luque. All his momentum after 4 in a row is now gone and he has to start all over again. The lack of urgency at any point was baffling.
Could draw some similarities between him and Colby (who he called out). Wonder if he really leans into being the heel now as well. Would set up a very interesting fight, wonder where Colby would go with the Palestinian angle.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Looked like he was fine until the ref said it was an illegal strike then he milked it imo.

That being said I'd still be asleep if he'd done that to me.

Again I have to watch it, sounds s**t if that was the case.

That's why I'll always respect Anthony Smith, he was really hurt by that illegal strike of jones, he toughed it out though and took the L.

Back