MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not a bad card this one:

View attachment 1397704

Good to see Johnson back after well over a year. Needs a win or that might be the end of him. Spann and Ion Cutelaba both have some good wins on their records but have proven a step or two off to this point. Both are still young though, so the winner could springboard off this and get some momentum going.

It's actually a huge fight in the main event. Jan was looking awesome as a champion before the inexplicably terrible performance against Glover. Rakic needs a big showing after three very average ones. I believe he's as talented a fighter as anyone in the UFC, but I'd love for him to give me something to use as evidence for that.

Yeah the main event should be a cracker I reckon, card a bit top heavy as most of these fight nights seem to be, I'm sure it will be watchable enough though.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Yeah the main event should be a cracker I reckon, card a bit top heavy as most of these fight nights seem to be, I'm sure it will be watchable enough though.
Often with these ones it's the surprises that make the card. The undefeated 22 yo Taira vs Candelario is a complete unknown, as is Maximov vs Petrovski. Then there's the much hyped Brit Jake Hadley making his UFC debut.

But yeah, bit of fat on this one.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Good to see Michael Johnson back with a big KO.

Hulk might be the dumbest fighter ever. Imagine getting submitted by Spann. In that way as well most hardcore fans would of called that 10 seconds in advance

Chookagain beats Ribas to be the sacrificial lamb to Shevchenko

Was on the Smoulka bandwagon. And I honestly think both didn't lose any momentum. Louis took everything Davey could chuck at him and won the second. However Davey adjusted and chopped the calf.

Rakic looked good. Also Jan is still a dumb fighter. Spent a lot more time on his back willingly then he should. Yeah he has some submissions but not off his back. It super sold on his performance. As always though when he throws in just backs up then throws good combinations he looks dangerous

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Rakic looked good. Also Jan is still a dumb fighter. Spent a lot more time on his back willingly then he should. Yeah he has some submissions but not off his back. It super sold on his performance. As always though when he throws in just backs up then throws good combinations he looks dangerous
Agree Jan isn't the smartest fighter but at least some credit has to go to Rakic's top control. I'm not sure where his killer instinct has gone, but he's a super well-rounded dude and he was all over Jan on the ground.

Oh and Davey looked awesome. Completely dominated that first round, 2nd round was an absolute banger, then Davey went back to basics and got it done.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Agree Jan isn't the smartest fighter but at least some credit has to go to Rakic's top control. I'm not sure where his killer instinct has gone, but he's a super well-rounded dude and he was all over Jan on the ground.

Oh and Davey looked awesome. Completely dominated that first round, 2nd round was an absolute banger, then Davey went back to basics and got it done.
Davey cost me some dollars, Smoulka was paying 3.70+ which was insane as hes a great fighter as well

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton

That was a fantastic fight.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back