MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I had Kattar winning the first 3 (had to go out so missed 4 and 5) but close as close can be. Think Emmett caught gloves and arms more often but clearly threw the more powerful shots. If Kattar won 4 or 5 clearly think he can consider himself unlucky

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
I had Kattar winning the first 3 (had to go out so missed 4 and 5) but close as close can be. Think Emmett caught gloves and arms more often but clearly threw the more powerful shots. If Kattar won 4 or 5 clearly think he can consider himself unlucky
Couch judging all over the place with this one, a tight SD covers it pretty well. Tough for Kattar though of course.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Round 4 for kattar was the clearest round of the first, but as usual Chris Lee gave it the other way

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
The card this weekend is pretty dogshit even for an Apex one. Carlos Ulberg is headlining the prelim card, lot of big wraps on him, hope he can get going.
I'm really looking forward to it personally. The main event is a huge fight, though I have a feeling Arman is a step above.

Magny is a great test for a potential star in Rakhmonov, Moises vs Giagos should be fun, and Manes vs Umar Nurmagomedov is potentially a huge fight for either guy's career. Can't see it getting anywhere near this last card, but it's a pretty important one.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Amazing card.
Kattar vs Emmett was so close - I don't think either outcome could be contested to harshly.

I think Volk is too crisp and quick for Emmett, so I like that fight for Volk. But he has to get through Holloway again now, which I have grave concerns over.
Don't think Emmett gets anywhere near Volk, Max or Ortega. Kattar was by far the best match-up for him of the top 5. He's fun to watch though, and has paid his dues, so more than happy for him to get some more big fights.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Amazing card.
Kattar vs Emmett was so close - I don't think either outcome could be contested to harshly.

I think Volk is too crisp and quick for Emmett, so I like that fight for Volk. But he has to get through Holloway again now, which I have grave concerns over.
If Volk wins I reckon he gets a crack at the 155 belt.
If Max wins it would either mean Volk v Max 4 or Max could also move up.

I lean towards Volk in this one, but it's just going to be a great fight.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If Volk wins I reckon he gets a crack at the 155 belt.
If Max wins it would either mean Volk v Max 4 or Max could also move up.

I lean towards Volk in this one, but it's just going to be a great fight.

I could actually see Dana coming out and saying "Nobody wants to see a 4th fight" if Volk loses, I don't know why but I just have this feeling of un-ease. Something in my mind says that Volk doesn't get the same respect as a dominant champion as an oft-revered Holloway.

Don't think Emmett gets anywhere near Volk, Max or Ortega. Kattar was by far the best match-up for him of the top 5. He's fun to watch though, and has paid his dues, so more than happy for him to get some more big fights.

Out of the top 5 I think Emmett's best chance is probably against Ortega, their grappling might cancel each other out which would make it a slugfest. Just musing out loud here.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I could actually see Dana coming out and saying "Nobody wants to see a 4th fight" if Volk loses, I don't know why but I just have this feeling of un-ease. Something in my mind says that Volk doesn't get the same respect as a dominant champion as an oft-revered Holloway..
100% will happen and im ok with it tbh. Dont really want to see a 3rd let alone 4th

100% will happen and im ok with it tbh. Dont really want to see a 3rd let alone 4th
If Max loses a close one however I can imagine him being 1-2 wins away from getting a 4th shot. For some reason they seem desperate to see Max as champ again.

Volk really should have been given the opportunity to clear out the division before having to face Max a third time.

Back