MMA-UFC UFC Fight Night / UFC on Fox Events

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched this on delay. Really fun card! Lot of guys really stepping up as contenders. Main event was nuts.

enjoyed that...hope there's more to come..I may be on the op table around a week's time or Xmas (those who know me on the Rich forum would know about my meningioma, it's back and neurosurgeon need to open up my noggin again)

See you all around the traps, maybe from the Alfred or Caufield next time. Keep on punching.

Best of luck man. Hopefully see you back soon, always enjoy reading your posts.

enjoyed that...hope there's more to come..I may be on the op table around a week's time or Xmas (those who know me on the Rich forum would know about my meningioma, it's back and neurosurgeon need to open up my noggin again)

See you all around the traps, maybe from the Alfred or Caufield next time. Keep on punching.
Good luck, mate.👍

Absolutely, just as doctors and refs should step up a bit more and put the fighters' long term health as their top priority.
I think the best refs can do is what happened in the volk zombie fight, let him make the end of the round if he's getting destroyed, give him 30s to start the round to show something or else end it.

Hes not in contention but there's levels. Barb went life and death with a shot to bits Robbie. RDA will make it look easy on Sunday. There's much better fights out there for him imo but itll be fun i guess.
Well called. :thumbsu:

I was expecting a slugfest but was genuinely surprised with how strongly RDA strategically gameplanned to fight - obviously playing the percentqages as an elite grappler. It makes perfect common sense yet, it's not something you see fighters often do.

It's hard to argue with him based on the result!

I felt terrible for Tai, watching get murked like that - was like the MMA community watching bambi get shot.

WB vs Holland was FOTY contender material. Those 1st 3 rounds were sensational. If's & But's I know - I'd have loved how much more possibly entertaining it could've been if Holland didn't break 3 knuckles/fingers or whatever I heard he'd done.

I think the best refs can do is what happened in the volk zombie fight, let him make the end of the round if he's getting destroyed, give him 30s to start the round to show something or else end it.
Yes I don't mind when that happens. Most also tend to give the doctors and corners every chance to call it, but they inevitably don't.

WB vs Holland was FOTY contender material. Those 1st 3 rounds were sensational. If's & But's I know - I'd have loved how much more possibly entertaining it could've been if Holland didn't break 3 knuckles/fingers or whatever I heard he'd done.
I more wonder what if Holland didnt let him up twice. He had top control...

I bet WB pretty heavily as i dont rate Holland at all but he is the much bigger man. Think he could have controlled and won those rounds. He could have won that and instead took an L to entertain

I bet WB pretty heavily as i dont rate Holland at all but he is the much bigger man. Think he could have controlled and won those rounds. He could have won that and instead took an L to entertain
Yeah - it is what it is, I guess.

His dumb choice to make, it was entertaining while it lasted. Thanks Kev'!

Yeah - it is what it is, I guess.

His dumb choice to make, it was entertaining while it lasted. Thanks Kev'!
It's what I love about him. Like Chandler, he's an entertainer first.
Pair him with strikers and let him put on wars for the fans, he's not going to be a title contender.

The same for Wonderboy, he's not going through the top 5 guys with their grappling, so just put him in fun matchups

Apparently the reason Holland “retired” is because he was sick of fighting grapplers.
Pretty much a gentleman’s agreement leading up to the fight that it would be a stand up fight.

Apparently the reason Holland “retired” is because he was sick of fighting grapplers.
Pretty much a gentleman’s agreement leading up to the fight that it would be a stand up fight.

It's funny how you can be an MMA fighter and get sick of fighting grapplers, go fight in Glory or something then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tsarukyan is so good, and only 26. In some ways it's a shame how well built he is, because at 5'7 (at best) he'd be better suited to FW where he would be a monster. One for the connoisseurs.

Another technical battle in the ME but for me, not as entertaining. It was hard to score but I would have given it to Strickland personally. 49-46 across the board is insane.

Across the board not the right phrase, but anyway.

Judging is clearly a huge problem in the sport, and the last two weeks have highlighted it more than ever. Today isn't as bad as last week (with Stots/Sabatello possibly being worse than Pimblett/Gordon), but the disparities between the three judges, between the judges and everyone else viewing etc, is just far too wide.

Commenting from the Alfred, yes I've been lurking for the past 2 weeks, COVID wreaked havoc with all hospital so didn't go in until this morning, op started 7-8 am, I came to at 12 so must have been smooth sailing...had some food, recovering, chatted up hot nurses with tatts...as you do, yes Bruce Leroy's head kick was Sweet!! Dober was great too, So that's it for the year? Hope there's some Rizen fights NY so I won't be bored to death at Caufield for NY...or Xmas for that matter!!!

might I add, keep in shape fellas, coincidence or not, I believe that because I keep in shape (and work as a gardener), it gave me the best chance to wake up from going under. When you consider being unfit with blood, heart problems, on meds...blah blah blah best to rely on your fitness to help you waking up, yes they did ask before the op, can you walk up several flights of stairs non stop? I said, I'm a friggin gardener, I can hedge for hrs...so stay fit and healthy please you blokes

discharged to go home after 2 days...that's a new PB, looking like the Toxic Avenger right now, need to sleep it off.

Last edited:
Commenting from the Alfred, yes I've been lurking for the past 2 weeks, COVID wreaked havoc with all hospital so didn't go in until this morning, op started 7-8 am, I came to at 12 so must have been smooth sailing...had some food, recovering, chatted up hot nurses with tatts...as you do, yes Bruce Leroy's head kick was Sweet!! Dober was great too, So that's it for the year? Hope there's some Rizen fights NY so I won't be bored to death at Caufield for NY...or Xmas for that matter!!!

might I add, keep in shape fellas, coincidence or not, I believe that because I keep in shape (and work as a gardener), it gave me the best chance to wake up from going under. When you consider being unfit with blood, heart problems, on meds...blah blah blah best to rely on your fitness to help you waking up, yes they did ask before the op, can you walk up several flights of stairs non stop? I said, I'm a friggin gardener, I can hedge for hrs...so stay fit and healthy please you blokes

discharged to go home after 2 days...that's a new PB, looking like the Toxic Avenger right now, need to sleep it off.

All the best Cap .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back