MMA-UFC UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz

Remove this Banner Ad

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Forgot this was on dammit - just got out of bed to watch ramsey win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mean Muggin

Don't be scared homie!
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu
Gilbert Melendez for sure. Massive disappoint, but you can't take anything away from Henderson, way too strong and fought smart. I'd love to see the fight where someone was able to submit him, seems impossible.

Rory v Carlos - book it.

The worst part about just watching that is that GSP will likely do the same to Nick. God I hope not though...

Apr 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I had a feeling that Diaz would win as Henderson often falls into dangerous positions on the ground and I thought if anyone was to submit him it would be Diaz. As it turned out he didn't get put into any bad positions on the ground, the worst positions were when Diaz was attacking his legs. The couple of times Diaz threw Henderson down Bendo was able to get straight back on top to continue to control the fight.

It was basically the perfect fight by Bendo. He used leg kicks to control the fight from the outside, not allowing Diaz to get his boxing going effectively. Then with Diaz looking out for the kicks he was able to land a few solid punches on the feet. When he decided to switch it up and get in close he was able to get into the top position on the ground and dominate. Great performance by Bendo. :thumbsu:

Jay C

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm & Stars
Unfortunately the Diaz brothers are getting too predictable with the way they fight.

Condit & Hendo have both shown that if you take away their boxing it will go a long way in getting you the win, obviously easier said than done though.

But if Nate & Nick want to claim the title they will have to find a way to mix things up.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wow, I expected Bendo to get the decision, but in the manner he was going to earn it - I couldn't have been more wrong. He didn't dance around him, he brought it to him in brutal fashion. Bendo is the real deal.

I saw the Rory McD win but wasn't impressed with his showboating of an MMA legend, where's the respect? I think if he goes in with the arrogance he seems to be building up, Condit may school him again if Condit has learned anything from the GSP fight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back