UFC Tipping Comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 12, 2008
Rehab
AFL Club
Essendon
UFC Tipping Competition.

This game is open to anyone who wants to play. If you want to play you can post in this thread.

Rules.

1. 1 tip per main card must be submitted for every fight on the main card.
2. Tips must be entered before the first fight on the main card
3. Tips can be changed at any stage (keeping in mind point ii). The most recent post is the one that will be counted.
4. You must include which fighter you tip, the method of stoppage (including a decision) for the main card only

Scoring.

Picking the right fighter = +1
Picking the right finish of the fight = +1

Ladder

1. alfy! – 46 (36/2)
2. Jab – 45 (38/7)
3. BradWCE – 42 (32/9)
3. Crimson Azure – 42 (34/8)
5. Jay C – 41 (34/7)
6. Guy Threepwood – 40 (34/6)
7. Ross – 39 (32/7)
8. Nickos66 – 19 (15/4)

The ladder contains the total points and in brackets the breakdown between correct picks/method.

Updated from UFC 150 Henderson v Edgar

UFC ON FX 3

Demetrious Johnson via Points/ Judges (FOTN)
Erick Silva via KO/TKO Round 1 (KOTN)
Mike Pyle via SUB Round 2
Eddie Wineland via Points / Judges
Carlos Eduardo Rocha via SUB ROUND 1 (SOTN)

Probably should wait until the next card to give everyone an opportunity to enter. Cheers for starting this Jab, should be some fun.

H40 put in a tip for the Rocha/Pierce fight but I think it's only a 4 fight main card meaning that fight is a prelim. I'll put in a tip for that fight anyway.

If we are doing this for UFC on FX 3 then here's my tips:
McCall by decision (FOTN)
Silva by KO in round 1 (KOTN)
Pyle by decision
Jorgensen by decision
Pierce by decision

Grice to get SOTN

McCall by TKO in the 3rd (KOTN and FOTN)
Silva by decision
Neer by decision in an upset
Jorgensen by decision

We won't start the tipping comp from this card, we need at least a week to see if we get a few involved. With the BF change over and this being a quiet board, we should give it time. Hopefully some regular posters return and join up... Maybe we should PM a few guys?

Good idea, thanks for setting it up.

Not sure I like the idea of having method/round for every fight. For the undercard for cards like today, for example, it's pretty much just guessing and luck. Maybe just for the main cards, or just the main event.

Not sure I like the idea of having method/round for every fight. For the undercard for cards like today, for example, it's pretty much just guessing and luck. Maybe just for the main cards, or just the main event.

It depends why you want to tip? to win or for fun?

I like it because it makes all the fights more fun and interesting because when you choose SUB and your fighter takes his back its more exciting.

A few ideas.

I think picking the right fighter should give you alot more points than the outcome. Maybe do like 3pts for the correct fighter and 1 bonus pt each if you pick the round or outcome. But you should only be able to get the pts for outcome and round if you picked the correct fighter.

Also to make it easier to total don't do any negatives for incorrect guesses. You just get 0 points if you dont get the right fighter, outcome or round.

It depends why you want to tip? to win or for fun?

I like it because it makes all the fights more fun and interesting because when you choose SUB and your fighter takes his back its more exciting.
When I've done tipping/fantasy leagues, it doesn't at all affect me when watching the fights.

My point is, who would have had any idea of what to pick for the Pierson/Hecht fight for example. It doesn't become who is the best tipper, it becomes purely luck/guess work.

Agree with your point that picking the right fighter should get the most points, then bonus points for round/outcome.

We aren't selecting the method/round for every fight, the first post here says that we're only tipping the main card.

Are we starting this for the weekend cards? If so I'll go with:

UFC on FX - Maynard vs Guida

Maynard TKO in the 2nd
Stout by decision
Ebersole by decision
Pearson by decision

UFC 147

Franklin TKO in the 3rd :(
Werdum by TKO in the 2nd
Alcantara by decision

Are we picking the TUF Brazil finale's as well? I haven't had a chance to watch the series yet, so don't have much of an idea of who to pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bump.

Lets sort this out and see if we can get a few guys interested. We used to have more posters on here, maybe we should mention them or PM them to see if they are interested? All the guys who have posted in individual threads should be interested in giving this a go...

Where are the guys like Magnum Ross Vinnie Vegas gytre and yeah_nah who used to keep this board going? Are they still interested in tipping? It would be great for the board to have them back...
I post a lot less in general now... I'm back at uni doing a Masters, and posting on BigFooty has taken a back seat. I still read the boards pretty regularly, but I'm more of a lurker now :)

As in for bonus points and have two tables? One for correct tips and one for points?

We could do it like the AFL tipping and have 1 point for correct tips and then the next column is the margin, but in our case it will be points for correct method/round? Is that what everyone wants?

As in for bonus points and have two tables? One for correct tips and one for points?

We could do it like the AFL tipping and have 1 point for correct tips and then the next column is the margin, but in our case it will be points for correct method/round? Is that what everyone wants?
I'm fine any way you want to run it. The way alfy wants it to be with tipping a winner for all the fights on the card but only tipping the method for the main card sounds good as tipping anything other than the winner of some of the undercard fights would be purely by luck. But I don't mind, whatever every one else is in favour of.

I'm fine any way you want to run it. The way alfy wants it to be with tipping a winner for all the fights on the card but only tipping the method for the main card sounds good as tipping anything other than the winner of some of the undercard fights would be purely by luck. But I don't mind, whatever every one else is in favour of.

Similar to how some tipping comps work where you pick the winners, but the margin for a selected game? We can select the method/round for the main card, but the winner for the main and under cards?

Similar to how some tipping comps work where you pick the winners, but the margin for a selected game? We can select the method/round for the main card, but the winner for the main and under cards?
Yeah that's what alfy is saying which I'm fine with. Whatever the consensus is amongst us is cool by me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back