UFC to Sydney is 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah definitely, not overly fusses about the seats, just wanna be there.

You're right though, it's amazing how quickly these tickets have sold, there's going to be some sad campers.

Dana said today that he was going to fly here straight after 107 to attend a press conference but that tickets had been selling so quickly they decided he didn't need to do it.

I think that Dana and the organisation misread the Australian market in that they didn't figure out how popular it is here. I think that they thought it wasn't going to sell well, and hence they had very cheap prices for tickets (compared to the American PPV's where they are at least twice as expensive, i.e $1000US for floor seats).

You can bet that next time they come here to Australia, pricing will be much more expensive.

I'm happy, I've conned the wife into going to Sydney for the weekend so that I can see the show. She can do some sightseeing while I go to Acer. Got myself a floor seat this morning, section G, 9 rows back. Hopefully the cameramen don't get in the way.

I don't want to jinx this card, but so far this event is absolutely STACKED.

Big Nog vs. Velasquez
Wand vs. Bisping
CroCop vs. Rothwell
Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Goran Reljic vs. C.B. Dollaway
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Chris Lytle
James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac
Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman

IMO that is one of the best cards in a long while, even without a championship fight...Close, well matched fights top to bottom, Nog, Wand AND CroCop on ONE card (thats a once in a lifetime experience right there), two aussie pioneers return, George S takes on a the biggest test of his career, AND the return of Goran Reljic!! - PLUS Bonnar, Techno Viking, Stun Gun, Lytle, "darth" Bader and more... f**king awesome!!!

Don't worry Magnum - I am the jinx!! I am going to UFC 108 as well and we all know what has happened to that card. Hopefully that's the only one I will jinx and 110 will remain intact.

It looks to be an awesome card no doubt. Has really good balance of fighting styles in action. With Lytle on the card you know there is a fighter who will put on an exciting fight. Same could be said for Wandy.

Yeah, it's seriously sweet. I was worried the prelims would be loaded up with Aussies who (no disrespect intended) couldn't hang in the UFC like Morris and Perosh getting another chance. Instead we've got high-quality fighters like Reljic, Stun Gun and Lytle who could slot into a main card easily.

arrrrrRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

dana wan't the only one who misread the popularity of the market here...

i got stuck on a s**t sandwich at work, and by 9.15 the whole think was f*cked. said there were tickets available except for diamond, but then wouldn't give me any.

i can't fathom that there are 20,000 ufc fans in australia. must be a hell of a lot of international visitors i think.

no way i'm spending such ridiculous amounts on ebay.

perhaps the silver lining is that pubs and clubs will see how popular it is and start showing the pay per views.

Big Nog vs. Velasquez
Wand vs. Bisping
CroCop vs. Rothwell

IMO that is one of the best cards in a long while, even without a championship fight...Close, well matched fights top to bottom, Nog, Wand AND CroCop on ONE card (thats a once in a lifetime experience right there), two aussie pioneers return, George S takes on a the biggest test of his career, AND the return of Goran Reljic!! - PLUS Bonnar, Techno Viking, Stun Gun, Lytle, "darth" Bader and more... f**king awesome!!!

are u kidding me, i thought it was going to just be a bisping vs wand headline and not much else so didnt really keep an eye on the lineup. F*CK F*CK f*CK F*CK i fly out of Sydney 3 weeks earlier!

Big Nog vs. Velasquez
Wand vs. Bisping
CroCop vs. Rothwell

Oh yeah. I'm starting to wish I shelled out for some better seats ... but **** it, I'm going. Wand, CC, Nog ... not to mention Elvis & Bisping... what a great card JUST BLEED

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really glad we're getting this card instead of UFC 109. This is stacked. Love the old Pride feel to it with Nog, Wandy and Cro-Cop fighting. Can't wait!

i dunno about elvis' line "we're not trying to hurt each other" - the aim of the game is to knock a guy out or to cause him so much pain that he taps out.

other than that though, it's easy to see why they keep an interest in the guy. an amazing well spoken guy who i'm sure the ufc will keep on the media trail ahead of the tour. the ufc will cop a lot of s**t from the uneducated before the tour, but this guy is going to be able to shape a lot of opinions.

Got my tickets the other day. They're not the best seats given I didn't get them til 11pm on the pre-sale, but they're good enough to get me in.

FYI, One HD are showing UFC 110 live and free.

Great news. I'm dreading all the negative stuff we're about to hear. Ryan Phelan and Lee Furlong were talking about it the other day on FSN and you could tell they were both disgusted by it. I know a lot of people who can't watch it at all, especially once ground and pound is involved, so it'll never be a mainstream sport. But with the huge fanbase at least we know it'll be around for a long time and continue to grow as much as a sport can away from the general public's eye.

just got given 2 premium tix right over the walkout for my bday off the missus. safe to say im reasonably stoked about the prospect..... thats my 2 cents anyway.

The Daily Telegraph has Michael Bisping doing a weekly fight diary in the lead up to 110 next month.

I believe it's a very winnable fight for me, though. I know Wanderlei's a legend but I truly believe styles make fights and that I've got the perfect style to beat him. Obviously I'm going to have to be wary of his aggressive style and his punch power, but I'm very confident of going to Australia and beating Wanderlei. He's experienced and possesses heavy hands but, other than, I feel I'm way better than him. I know I have the ability to beat him – it's now just about executing my game plan on the night…

just got given 2 premium tix right over the walkout for my bday off the missus. safe to say im reasonably stoked about the prospect..... thats my 2 cents anyway.

She's a keeper for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back