MMA-UFC UFC266

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
FFS wish Volk would stop going to ground with him. Volk is killing him on the feet
I was yelling at my TV but Volk couldn't give a *.
Volk’s improvement fight to fight is just unreal. Just incredible how he keeps on getting it done.
If the little meatball starts putting submissions on people he'll never lose again.

He's a likeable guy, fights entertaining and speaks well. Just shows what the average MMA fan is like, hating on him because he beat a fan favourite fighter twice (and I love Holloway)

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What a fight

I thought Volk was rooted when Ortega had him pinned on his back with the guillotine... and then again with the triangle.
I really thought it was over.

But how good was it when Volk reversed it and started raining down elbows and punches?

I haven't stood on my feet and cheered as loudly since the Hawks were flag contenders :D

What a champion

Great speeches afterwards too.

Last edited:
What a fight

I thought Volk was rooted when Ortega had him pinned on his back with the guillotine... and then again with the triangle.
I really thought it was over.

But how good was it when Volk reversed it and started raining down elbows and punches?

I haven't stood on my feet and cheered as loudly since the Hawks were flag contenders :D

What a champion

Great speeches afterwards too.

Yep, thought he was 100% gone twice. Couldn't believe how he wanted to continue the ground and pound afterwards, so balsy lmao

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought the doctor and referee gave Ortega way too much leeway after the 3rd round when they examined him for the extra 45 seconds when the 4th round was supposed to get underway. Why didn't they do this during the break between rounds? Highly unfair on Volk that they gave Ortega a vital extra minute to recover. His eyes were rolling in his head... He didn't know where he was. He would've been KTFO if they had a normal restart.

The ref did it again after the 4th round. Some hometown reffing right there...

That was bullshiit. Either stop the fight or get on with it.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought the doctor and referee gave Ortega way too much leeway after the 3rd round when they examined him for the extra 45 seconds when the 4th round was supposed to get underway. Why didn't they do this during the break between rounds? Highly unfair on Volk that they gave Ortega a vital extra minute to recover. His eyes were rolling in his head... He didn't know where he was. He would've been KTFO if they had a normal restart.

The ref did it again after the 4th round. Some hometown reffing right there...

That was bullshiit. Either stop the fight or get on with it.
i thought he failed the test when Herb asked how many fingers actually.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
i thought he failed the test when Herb asked how many fingers actually.

He said i think one or two...I mean if you think then ref should stop it. Ref gave way too much leeway in the check-ups on Ortega. Respect to Ortega for fighting on but it should've been stopped earlier.

Back