MMA-UFC UFC266

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would there have been any complaints if Herb Dean stopped the fight after Volkanovski's ground and pound ?

Pretty sure Ortega wasn't offering any meaningful defence after Volk's flurry of elbows & punches and then ate about 12 huge measured punches to the head.

Weird decision by the ref to let Ortega survive until the bell and let his cornermen pick him up off the canvas and carry him over to the chair.

Volk robbed of a KO victory, imo

Someone with deep pockets must've had big money on Ortega, or a decision victory to Volk

Last edited:

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Alex's last 5 fights:

Ortega
Holloway
Holloway
Aldo
Mendes

That's impressive. Volk talking about moving up to Lightweight for a challenge, him vs Chandler could be fun. Think the other guys could be too long for him?

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Alex's last 5 fights:

Ortega
Holloway
Holloway
Aldo
Mendes

That's impressive. Volk talking about moving up to Lightweight for a challenge, him vs Chandler could be fun. Think the other guys could be too long for him?

Yes. Stick to his division although going up and having a loss then coming back wont hurt. I mean someone has to fight Connor when he returns or Paddy P .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes. Stick to his division although going up and having a loss then coming back wont hurt. I mean someone has to fight Connor when he returns or Paddy P .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't see Dana allowing him to fight for a belt in that division. If he went up and lost it wouldn't make a difference, same as Izzy going up to fight, didn't change anyones opinion of him.

Round 3 of the main, SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!!!!!!

Topkent 00Stinger what a bloody weekend! That 3rd round was fully a reflection of the GF last night.

Volk should be unconscious but worked through it and won.

Patracovski: Bontortegra, hold my beer!

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Rippin fight

Post fight presser was funny as hell, Volk is a pissa
Not watched the fight but seen the presser. Love the down to earth Aussie manner he will not be changing for anyone.
These type of people are great for the sport.
I not seen the Shevchenko fight either but heard her after fight ring interview and FFS, did she just speak in about five or six different languages within a minute or two? Impressive woman both in and out of the ring. I seen a bit of her press conference too and she speaks so well and drive by to Khabib saying ring girls are useless. I assume the other girl was no match for her if I find a way of seeing the fight.

Round 3 of the main, SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!!!!!!

Topkent 00Stinger what a bloody weekend! That 3rd round was fully a reflection of the GF last night.

Volk should be unconscious but worked through it and won.

Patracovski: Bontortegra, hold my beer!
If I could like your post I would

Great wekend

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Someone with jitz experience please explain how Volk got out of that ******* mounted guillotine?!

No expert, but it appears Volks left hand is pushing against the right arm of Ortega which takes off a lot of the pressure and stops it from being completely locked in. If Ortega didn't cop the early damage, that's probably the fight done.

Volk's gonna be hard to dethrone. He'd make a real impact at 155 I think too.

Back