MMA-UFC UFC266

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
No expert, but it appears Volks left hand is pushing against the right arm of Ortega which takes off a lot of the pressure and stops it from being completely locked in. If Ortega didn't cop the early damage, that's probably the fight done.

Volk's gonna be hard to dethrone. He'd make a real impact at 155 I think too.
He's great at winning rounds, even in 'close' fights he wins 50-45 but without power to keep the bigger guys off him I have a feeling he can get broken down rather than take fights over...

Old adage 'we have weight classes for a reason'. That said, skill for skill I think he beats a lot of guys at lightweight and maybe moving up gives him more power, who knows. Still got good fights at 145 but stuffed if I want to see a 3rd Max fight. If that's the option, go up

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Until next finals series? You blokes are gonna push for a few in a row I’d say.
I know this is the MMA thread I'm just on cloud 9.
Maybe, but you guys were our biggest challenge and it finished at 33. We played as perfect a footy as I've seen from anyone in the 3rd quarters against Geelong and the Dogs.

We might win another flag, we might not. I'm not sure we will ever play better.

Cats 07/08 was the best attacking side I've ever seen. I feel like we played like them

I know this is the MMA thread I'm just on cloud 9.
Maybe, but you guys were our biggest challenge and it finished at 33. We played as perfect a footy as I've seen from anyone in the 3rd quarters against Geelong and the Dogs.

We might win another flag, we might not. I'm not sure we will ever play better.

Cats 07/08 was the best attacking side I've ever seen. I feel like we played like them
Still a young side, I’d say you’re about to make your own dynasty.

Exciting few years ahead for Dees, Lions, Dogs and Power supporters I think. If you guys play how you did in that final 40 minutes of the grand final though, no one gets within 30 points of you. Trac and Oliver are insane, coupled with Gawn’s dominance and it’s hard to stop. Keeping those 3 fit is the key.

I said to my partner that I remember around 2013(?) the Lions v Dees game where the Lions had a 7ish point lead with a minute or two left and you guys stormed home to win but it was a battle for the spoon basically. :D

He's great at winning rounds, even in 'close' fights he wins 50-45 but without power to keep the bigger guys off him I have a feeling he can get broken down rather than take fights over...

Old adage 'we have weight classes for a reason'. That said, skill for skill I think he beats a lot of guys at lightweight and maybe moving up gives him more power, who knows. Still got good fights at 145 but stuffed if I want to see a 3rd Max fight. If that's the option, go up

Yeah a weight class up is a stretch too far based on the sizes I think. Let him maintain control of 145.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Still a young side, I’d say you’re about to make your own dynasty.

Exciting few years ahead for Dees, Lions, Dogs and Power supporters I think. If you guys play how you did in that final 40 minutes of the grand final though, no one gets within 30 points of you. Trac and Oliver are insane, coupled with Gawn’s dominance and it’s hard to stop. Keeping those 3 fit is the key.

I said to my partner that I remember around 2013(?) the Lions v Dees game where the Lions had a 7ish point lead with a minute or two left and you guys stormed home to win but it was a battle for the spoon basically. :D

Honestly mate Jackson will walk in and might end up better than Gawn he's a freak. But yeah Lions and Dogs will reload and go again. Should be some great footy between us the next few years. Hopefully it's Friday nights in front of packed stadiums

Honestly mate Jackson will walk in and might end up better than Gawn he's a freak. But yeah Lions and Dogs will reload and go again. Should be some great footy between us the next few years. Hopefully it's Friday nights in front of packed stadiums
I mean, Jackson rucking and Gawn as a tall forward is also scary! 😂

That would be good! Let’s share it around and not just have one freak dynasty though right! ;)

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I mean, Jackson rucking and Gawn as a tall forward is also scary! 😂

That would be good! Let’s share it around and not just have one freak dynasty though right! ;)
Haha I thought I'd die happy with one and in many ways I will. But now I want 4. That day was amazing. Don't expect it to be that easy again

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Haha this thread is derailed. Ben Brown played his role and congrats. What happened at North. ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Someone with jitz experience please explain how Volk got out of that ******* mounted guillotine?!
Legally you can refuse to be in it apparently

Kept turning his hips, you can see him flopping to try to create space, also while it was tight he still had his arm to give him a slight gap

I don't think anyone else could slip it. That's some unreal strength. I understand if you have like 10 kilos on a dude but not a same weight class.

Ability removed for troll liking?
pretty sure it got removed by a Melbourne mod but no one every contacted me about it

A bit of a pity as I would have liked to hand out a few likes on a particular club board today and yesterday but it is what it is

Your a mod (at to be honest a good one), so you tell me I assume when it gets removed its permanently yeah?

pretty sure it got removed by a Melbourne mod but no one every contacted me about it

A bit of a pity as I would have liked to hand out a few likes on a particular club board today and yesterday but it is what it is

Your a mod (at to be honest a good one), so you tell me I assume when it gets removed its permanently yeah?
No you can get it back. As Wosh or Chief, they can reinstate it if they want.

No you can get it back. As Wosh or Chief, they can reinstate it if they want.
Cheers I might follow them up at some stage

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Just watching a replay of the event as i missed yesterday.

Diaz is gloriously washed. Hope he retires
Just give Rozemstruik strikers ffs. He will never be champ so let him have fun fights
DC is not a good commentator.

Fun event. Got some good fights yet to end 2021 too

Yep, sub him out for Bisping. Felder is good though. Refreshing without Rogan.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory

I'm pretty interested to see how he goes at LW, but I absolutely do want to see a 3rd Max fight. But whether we want to see it or not, Max needs another shot at the belt, as he's been simply dominant against everyone else (in before Yair pulls off the upset).

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm pretty interested to see how he goes at LW, but I absolutely do want to see a 3rd Max fight. But whether we want to see it or not, Max needs another shot at the belt, as he's been simply dominant against everyone else (in before Yair pulls off the upset).
How many times do you do it? If Volk wins do you do a 4th? If Holloway wins does Volk get the rematch he gives him

Back