Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Why don’t people want to see the trilogy? Both fights were pretty good, second very even, reckon Holloway deserves another shot
Because they literally just happened. It's 2-0.
If Volk loses does he get 2 shots to win it back? Then what? 5 fights?

If Volk wins another close one do they just keep running it back till Holloway gets it? They are even. No need to see another 5 round razor decision. Let Volk fight some other blokes ffs

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Because they literally just happened. It's 2-0.
If Volk loses does he get 2 shots to win it back? Then what? 5 fights?

If Volk wins another close one do they just keep running it back till Holloway gets it? They are even. No need to see another 5 round razor decision. Let Volk fight some other blokes ffs
Honestly got no issues with the trilogy of Holloway wins his next fight

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a shame Bryce Mitchel/Josh Emmett have been out so long and Giga hasn't had another top 10 win. That'd freshen it all up more

The rest of the division has losses scattered in their recent records so not in line.

Coming off a loss = Ige/Edson/Burgos/Kattar
Zombie lost to Ortega, Emmett been out forever.

They need to move guys through the rankings a bit quicker (but ranked guys never want to fight unranked to do so). Giga is 7-0 in the UFC but should be a win off a shot, Allen is 8-0 UFC and probably 2 wins away.

It's a weird division with Max and Volk so far ahead of the rest...

FWIW I'd give Giga the next chance. Be a fun fight

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
How many times do you do it? If Volk wins do you do a 4th? If Holloway wins does Volk get the rematch he gives him
A Volk win would likely shut the door, but it's an unusual situation with two fighters well clear of their division and both in their prime. I can't get past my bias, but many people, perhaps even the majority, think Holloway won the second fight. If he does to Yair what everyone expects him to, I don't see what else the UFC can do?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
A Volk win would likely shut the door, but it's an unusual situation with two fighters well clear of their division and both in their prime. I can't get past my bias, but many people, perhaps even the majority, think Holloway won the second fight. If he does to Yair what everyone expects him to, I don't see what else the UFC can do?
I'm not saying they shouldn't fight a third time. But you gotta let Volk have some title defences first.

No other champ in history would have won the title 4 times and had to fight the same bloke 3x in those fights.

You ain't gonna see Whittaker get Adesanya again immediately after their fight

Yep, the answer should be "tough s**t Max, it's a shame that the champ has beat you twice already. Move up a division."

Of course he's going to get a shot though.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Both fights were close! The second fight could easily have been a draw or Max's W (Volk got the nod and I'm happy with that). A third is absolutely on the cards! Max deserves it already. But if he beats Yair it's the easiest matchup to make ever. Max is the clear number one condender.
Just how I see it..
First fight Volk-Max wasn't close. It was a clear Volk win. One judge gave him all 5 rounds.

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
First fight Volk-Max wasn't close. It was a clear Volk win. One judge gave him all 5 rounds.
Since when have we started thinking that judges know what they're doing?
I still believe it was relatively close. 48 - 47 was probably about right.
Mike Bell 47 - 48. Chris Lee 47 - 48. Junichiro Kamijo 45 - 50.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Since when have we started thinking that judges know what they're doing?
I still believe it was relatively close. 48 - 47 was probably about right.
Mike Bell 47 - 48. Chris Lee 47 - 48. Junichiro Kamijo 45 - 50.
It was close but volk was the clear winner first fight, second fight not so much was much more even, the second fight could have gone either way which is why I have no issue with the third bout even if it’s close in time, they are the two clear best fighters on the division, that and Holloway has looked even better since that last fight with volkanovski, he still has to beat his upcoming opponent first as well don’t forget

Last edited:
Back