News Ugandan discussions - Emmanuel Irra, Cat B rookie (2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

His surname already sounds like a nickname, so his nickname will have to be Irro, or lengthened to Irras. Irry just sounds...sirry.
I look at his name and see Ira and think of a New York Jewish attorney or tax accountant.

I look at his name and see Ira and think of a New York Jewish attorney or tax accountant.

...or one of the Gershwin brothers. put words to quite a few his brother George's tunes.

My first thought was author Ira Levin, who wrote "Rosemary's Baby", "The Stepford Wives", "The Boys from Brazil", "Sliver" & "A Kiss Before Dying"

His statlines don't look overly impressive but there's a fair bit to like in those videos.

Particularly liked his kicking. Low, quick and accurate. That's the sort of kicking you need to transfer from SANFL to AFL. None of that loopy s**t.

His statlines don't look overly impressive but there's a fair bit to like in those videos.

Particularly liked his kicking. Low, quick and accurate. That's the sort of kicking you need to transfer from SANFL to AFL. None of that loopy s**t.
Yep, his kicking is a real strength of his, it has excellent penetration.
There's plenty to work on but the bloke hasn't grown up with footy like most players and yet his kicking and reading of the ball in flight is very good. I really like him, I think he's worth backing in.

I just have the feeling that in an AFL system where speed and strength is highly prized, Irra could be a real dangerous weapon - especially since the style played in the AFL is a lot less stoppage based and more focused around two way running.

You wouldn't waste a regular draft pick on him because he might have already reached his ceiling, but if he hasn't:

QONVIyz.gif

Meh. With no real dibs on anyone that's from an unconventional background and would otherwise get drafted early, it's an obvious attempt by the AFL to PR it that the NSW and QLD clubs aren't getting such a big advantage now.

Until we can draft the next Gavin Wanganeen with pick 800 then it all means s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just have the feeling that in an AFL system where speed and strength is highly prized, Irra could be a real dangerous weapon - especially since the style played in the AFL is a lot less stoppage based and more focused around two way running.

You wouldn't waste a regular draft pick on him because he might have already reached his ceiling, but if he hasn't:

QONVIyz.gif
He's only 22. His prime is probs still 3-4 years away.

Would love to know the knock on him as to why we didn't rookie him in his draftee year

Would love to know the knock on him as to why we didn't rookie him in his draftee year
Probably lack of height, strength and skills based on what I saw when he was 17. Let South Adelaide develop him over 4 or 5 years. He has speed. I have said before we should use the cat B rookie slots with 2 big bastards and one with blistering speed.Now we just have to find 2 big bastard to put on the cat B list.

No he wouldn't be allowed to as we have no claim on him like we do Irra.

I thought there was an open sort of "train with" list that alot of clubs have during periods of the pre-season.

Mind you the pre-season and rookie drafts are 3 days after the national draft so there won't be much time for a train on list. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back