• Josh Rachele

• Harry Schoenberg (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Rory Laird

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy had 0 CBA, along with jones and Schoenberg.
Our midfield set ups are deplorable.
Rachele had 8, he started each qtr in the centre plus had 5 more in the last.
The rest was shared with Laird Keays and Crouch.
Clever bugger that Murphy bloke to have no CBA's yet Champion Data has him with centre clearance hey?

neale

oliver

petracca

walsh

cripps

bont

dangerfield

Miller

j. macrea

steele

parish

Boak

z. Merrett

Bolton

Crisp.

de goey… actually.. the entire fu**in pies midfield embarrasses our midfield every fu**n time we play them.

J. Kelly

Tom Greene.. and again, the GWS entire midfield completely embarrassed our plodders on the weekend. made them look like witches hats.

T. mitchell

Bailey Smith

A.Trelour

D. Mundy

Serong

brayshaw.. either of the two ( the freo or the dees one)would be fine thanks!

Selwood and T. cotchin.. getting long in the tooth these two but still fu**n gun players even though they are both dirty snipers that s**t me to tears when watching them.

Wines.. but he just scrapes in. just. his foot skills are garbage and he’s a prime example of all thats wrong with the adjudication of the Brownlow.

i would call out the names of every single one of these lads, if available, before I would call out the names of Keays, Laird or mcrouch if I was asked to name the midfielders I want in a team that I’d pick for the next round.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

then you have some injured players like Martin and Fyfe who would be, when uninjured, at the top end of any list.
Cotchin still a gun? You're having a laugh surely? The guy is cooked beyond belief. Selwood isn't much better now. Your hatred of Keays is blinding you, literally no one else would prefer Cotchin or Selwood in 2022 over Keays.

neale

oliver

petracca

walsh

cripps

bont

dangerfield

Miller

j. macrea

steele

parish

Boak

z. Merrett

Bolton

Crisp.

de goey… actually.. the entire fu**in pies midfield embarrasses our midfield every fu**n time we play them.

J. Kelly

Tom Greene.. and again, the GWS entire midfield completely embarrassed our plodders on the weekend. made them look like witches hats.

T. mitchell

Bailey Smith

A.Trelour

D. Mundy

Serong

Selwood and T. cotchin.. getting long in the tooth these two but still fu**n gun players even though they are both dirty snipers that s**t me to tears when watching them.

Wines.. but he just scrapes in. just. his foot skills are garbage and he’s a prime example of all thats wrong with the adjudication of the Brownlow.

i would call out the names of every single one of these lads, if available, before I would call out the names of Keays, Laird or mcrouch if I was asked to name the midfielders I want in a team that I’d pick for the next round.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

then you have some injured players like Martin and Fyfe who would be, when uninjured, at the top end of any list.
There's more than 24 guys here but even so, few odd inclusions.

Swap Treloar, Selwood and Cotchin for Mills, Lyons and Hopper.

I reckon there's a few others that are only on par with Keays too

neale

oliver

petracca

walsh

cripps

bont

dangerfield

Miller

j. macrea

steele

parish

Boak

z. Merrett

Bolton

Crisp.

J. Kelly

T. mitchell

Bailey Smith

A.Trelour

D. Mundy

Serong

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Credit for actually thinking up such a list

I disagree with a number of players here (how Cotchin even touches the list is beyond me), but it’s a matter of personal opinion I guess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long down the right, how many more coaches do we have to go through before this stops becoming our go to move coming out of the backline 80% of the time?

Just stick another tall on the other side, look for where the opposition ruckman is and kick it on the other side as honestly beat us more time than not in these situations.

I'm sure we insist on going to the right so on the rarer chances our kick doesn't go straight to the opposition we can turn and run along the boundary with the right foot kick.

Wish we'd go for one 30/40m out and then go for the long bomb so if it gets turned over it's not just a quick rebound kick into our defensive 50. Or if we want to risk it on a 50/50, go straight down the middle so we'll get some nice benefits when it does work.

At one stage we were massively down on inside 50s, we caught up some ground in the last, so that isnt as much an indicator as it looks. Our overall tackle count given the disparity possessions was pathetic. Marks inside 50 also suffered from the lack of entries and the hacked nature of our entries, from our stacked midfield. I think it was the 3rd,Gollant had space in front of his player and would have marked a pass, instead we bombed it long. Cant remember who did it, but thats an example of our entries.
Screen Shot 05-02-22 at 11.12 PM.PNG

The stat that actually shows where we got destroyed was the combination of contested possession and uncontested possession. Not only did we get beaten at the contest but they got so much more uncontested. Basically shows that every forward movement we had was under pressure, whereas they were able to put uncontested chains together, particularly in the first half. We were -21 CP and -47 UCP at half time. We only had 106 Effective dispposals (from 162 disposals, 65% DE ) up to half time, compared to 166 (218 76% DE).

Screen Shot 05-02-22 at 11.18 PM 001.PNG Screen Shot 05-02-22 at 11.18 PM.PNG

I hadn’t seen the first half so I just watched it.

usually you can pinpoint what the issue is, but geez we were just bullied by the giants.

it’s like they had two extra players at every contest - whether thats reflects their extra work rate perhaps?

and our disposal is just bog horrible. We don’t even put it remotely to the advantage of a team mate most of the time.

guys like Crouch, Sholl and Hateley are just too slow to be playing afl. You can’t have three guys like that in you midfield at the one time. one perhaps, but not three.

Cotchin still a gun? You're having a laugh surely? The guy is cooked beyond belief. Selwood isn't much better now. Your hatred of Keays is blinding you, literally no one else would prefer Cotchin or Selwood in 2022 over Keays.
Ignorance is bliss i guess.

Did you, and the other couple of responders to my list, read it in full?

After all.. I did say he, along with selwood, was long in the tooth thus was a debatable inclusion.. but * me.

Trent Cotchin is a three time premiership captain, 3 time jack dyer medalist, Brownlow medalist, All Australian among other things.

Just because he’s not popular around here doesnt mean his achievements can be brushed off!..

So.. any comments on the rest of the 28 or so players on the list?

I have named about 28 players just for this… there are 3 or 4 debatable one’s (mostly due to age)..

But its funny how the Keays cheer squad in here seem to have focused solely on those 3 or 4 and ignored the elephant in the room.. the other 24 midfeilders in the list that are easily better than him and that you would pick in any side before you called bennys name out.

Like I’ve said many times before.. I understand why a lot of supporters love Benny.. he gives his all, he never ever stops working. He’s obviously easy to love due to this.. but unfortunately his skills and decision making arent bloody great at all. They are bgrade.

Our midfield is absolutely horrid and we all saw the results of that on the weekend. The massive part of that horridness is Keays, Laird and Crouch.

A fair few in here either need to start accepting/acknowledging this or they can blissfully remain in denial.

There's more than 24 guys here but even so, few odd inclusions.

Swap Treloar, Selwood and Cotchin for Mills, Lyons and Hopper.

I reckon there's a few others that are only on par with Keays too
I sort of included hopper when i said “the entire GWS midfield”!..

And yes.. Mills and lyons were on my radar when i compiled the list..

Ignorance is bliss i guess.

Did you, and the other couple of responders to my list, read it in full?

After all.. I did say he, along with selwood, was long in the tooth thus was a debatable inclusion.. but fu** me.

Trent Cotchin is a three time premiership captain, 3 time jack dyer medalist, Brownlow medalist, All Australian among other things.

Just because he’s not popular around here doesnt mean his achievements can be brushed off!..

So.. any comments on the rest of the 28 or so players on the list?

I have named about 28 players just for this… there are 3 or 4 debatable one’s (mostly due to age)..

But its funny how the Keays cheer squad in here seem to have focused solely on those 3 or 4 and ignored the elephant in the room.. the other 24 midfeilders in the list that are easily better than him and that you would pick in any side before you called bennys name out.

Like I’ve said many times before.. I understand why a lot of supporters love Benny.. he gives his all, he never ever stops working. He’s obviously easy to love due to this.. but unfortunately his skills and decision making arent bloody great at all. They are bgrade.

Our midfield is absolutely horrid and we all saw the results of that on the weekend. The massive part of that horridness is Keays, Laird and Crouch.

A fair few in here either need to start accepting/acknowledging this or they can blissfully remain in denial.
You've named 28 mids. Essentially every clubs best mid plus a few others. There are 54 first rotation mids in the comp. Keays sits comfortably among that 54. In fact, if your list is your best 28, I'd say he sits comfortably among the top 25.

Our midfield is below average, but you're looking at the wrong player. Crouch is no good and Laird, for all his ball winning capability, is not a dynamic mid and rarely hurts with possession. Keays lacks polish, but at least can get separation and clear congestion.

Long down the right, how many more coaches do we have to go through before this stops becoming our go to move coming out of the backline 80% of the time?

Just stick another tall on the other side, look for where the opposition ruckman is and kick it on the other side as honestly beat us more time than not in these situations.

I'm sure we insist on going to the right so on the rarer chances our kick doesn't go straight to the opposition we can turn and run along the boundary with the right foot kick.

Wish we'd go for one 30/40m out and then go for the long bomb so if it gets turned over it's not just a quick rebound kick into our defensive 50. Or if we want to risk it on a 50/50, go straight down the middle so we'll get some nice benefits when it does work.

I just love how we have Dawson doing the kick outs when as you say we just go long to the right - any of our hacks can make that kick.

Why have Dawson as our deepest player at kick ins, how about we have him at long right with the rest of the team.

Our coaches know best though.

Back