• Josh Rachele

• Harry Schoenberg (sub)

• Lachlan Sholl

• Brodie Smith

• Taylor Walker

• Rory Laird

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone reckon the change to the kick-in rule (where you can run straight out of the square) has made things overall more predictable and less of a spectacle?

You almost feel compelled to kick it long now, because you get a good extra 20 metres on your kick with the new rule.

Maybe it’s my imagination. But it just seems like, that rule isn’t doing what they thought it would do (like most of their rules).
I like the new kick in rule. Attacking side find it harder to lock the ball into their forward line as the defenders can more easily get to the fat part of the ground.
I don't like congestion and this rule tweak has helped reduce this. Especially on the rounder grounds compared to the narrower ovals.

With any rule change they don't ever set up the parameters for success/failure.

How will the impact of the rule change be measured?

Eg with the kick out rule are teams reaching their F50 more often from a kick out? Are they crossing centre in a shorter time frame than previously on average?

Eg with the kick out rule are teams reaching their F50 more often from a kick out? Are they crossing centre in a shorter time frame than previously on average?
They do do that, I’d say the parameter is, if a player plays on more than previous it’s been a success for them. 😆

The more controversy, the more the AFL deem it as a success as it's at the forefront in the media...

Back