FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't really share the enthusiam for Line of Duty. Acting is fine, but the story-line and script is cookie-cutter stuff. It's just about good enough to keep me watching, but not all that, IMO.

Pseudy as this may sound, it's really not in the same league as the Scandi crime shows we've seen on UK TV lately, which have really set the standard.
I thought the shadow line was great. Scandinavian dramas have set the standard though.

Top boy season 3 but it says season one netflix bit confused o_O.

First ep of season 3 is called bulk up.
Current seson has 10 eps insteed of the normal 4..
Season 3.?
Watching the new series of top boy now, they have kept a lot of the same characters everyone's just older, 10 eps in this new season compared to 4, it's still very good

I call the new season S3.
It pretty much is IMO.
When dushane was in jamaica for the first ep. I had the subtitles on, funny how jamaica is idealised as this lovely sunny place with nice beaches and everyone is just chilled out because there stoned, when it really isn't like that at all, probably good for a 2 week visit, wouldn't want to overstay your welcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just finished watching Season 4 of 'Line of Duty'. Wow, just wow... What a show.

I'm tempted to go straight into season 5, but I like to let seasons sink in to give that faux vibe of waiting almost a year for the next season.

I can't recommend this series enough to those who have not yet watched it.

Huge, huge fan of The Missing do I finally started Baptiste. Jumbled plot, stupid revelations, irrelevant characters. So, so disappointing after a strong first few eps. Good on the writers for trying to take it in another direction but it felt very flat. Promised a lot but never went anywhere and honestly felt like they didn’t know where they were going with it.

Started Shetland season 4, good start!

Yeah, agree Baptiste was nowhere near as good as The Missing, even though he is likeable and interesting character. There's a pretty interesting thing on here at the moment called Giri/Hagi. It's set half in Japan and half in London, and in sub-titled Japanese and English. Yakusas are involved, but it's not a yakusa flick by any means. Last Shetland series was the best so far, i think it's a show that has shown steady improvement.

I watched season one of ‘The Missing’ over the past couple weeks. Really enjoyed it. Thought the finale was a little bit of a let down but series was excellent overall.

I just smashed through A Confession. Martin Freeman plays a Detective Superintendent who bends the rules to catch the murderer of a young woman, then has to face the consequences. The storyline is engaging, the acting is very good and like many of the UK shows they get it done in 6 solid episodes rather than drag it out to 10. Fans of Line of Duty might enjoy it.

Dublin Murders. A murder mystery show with a bit of a supernatural theme. It starts off well - the characters are complex and the storyline interesting. But then it goes down the toilet as
there's a sizable unnecessary subplot involving some rich students. We don't find out who girl claiming to be Lexxie was, and why she claimed that identity. We don't find out what job the guy was giving to Lexxie for £200,000. We never find out what happened to the missing children. We don't find out why the bloke was writing He Rises everywhere. We don't find out why they are building a motorway to the middle of nowhere.
s**t writing basically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back