FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Been enjoying the Wallander series. It's set in Sweden but the actors are all British. Kenneth Branagh is very good in the lead role as a cop who cares but whose life is not so good.

watched mcmafia over the weekend and thought it was pretty good.

also watched the first episode of collateral and it seems like it's got promise.

carey mulligan ❤️

watched mcmafia over the weekend and thought it was pretty good.

also watched the first episode of collateral and it seems like it's got promise.

carey mulligan ❤️

Enjoyed it for what it was. Sometimes the dialog was a bit clunky because it felt like the characters were talking to the audience not their partner character.

And it seems standard these days in British productions that the female characters are awesome and the men are dickheads.

Just finished Collateral. Fmdog it was hard work. Just as well it was only four eps.
Very stilted characters and not much to like about any one of them.
Pretty poor direction.
Not recommended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have been on a big british cop trip the last 6 months. Started with Life on Mars which I thought was f***ing amazing. Haven’t watched Ashes to Ashes yet but will when I get the chance.

Then moved on to Ripper Street. Loved it as well.

Not so much a cop show although Sean Bean played a cop in it, but just watched The Frankenstein Chronicles and thought it was mesmerising as well.

Innocent
David Collins fights to rebuild his shattered life, when, after spending seven years in a high-security prison, his conviction for the murder of his wife is overturned.
2018, ITV, 4 eps

Yeah wire in the blood is great, well the earlier seasons more so than the latter, but still an enjoyable series imo.

Another reasonable one was Exile, probably not strictly cop show, but its a journalist who heads back to his home town in disgrace digging into his father's (who has Alzheimers) past

[YOUTUBE]oYAyBkdkXI8[/YOUTUBE]

Shadow Line was brilliant as well

Has anyone watched Whitechapel? I grabbed a few episodes a while back and never got round to watching it, just wondering if anyone had any opinion one way or the other.

There's also Spooks, the first 6 or so series were pretty good but I lost interest after that
Whitechapel I enjoyed. Quite spooks great but after a certain character is killed it wasn’t as good!

I decided to dump Bodyguard after a couple of eps. I know LoD wasn't exactly gritty realism, but this went too far for me. The action sequences were very well done, but I cringed at the awful sex scenes. And the complete implausibility of the whole investigation after the shooting. Most seem to like it, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back