FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Thanks for the recommendation on Unforgotten.I'm half way through the first series and enjoying it. I like the slow pace but it's not dull because there is something significant each episode. And like most of the good British shows they don't pad it out. They go 4, 6 or 8 shows - whatever the content deserves.

Just finished season 3. It's really well written and directed. They keep the same themes of discovering who the murder victim is and how they died, the lifetime impact on families of the victims, depicting everyday British immigrant families. Nicola Walker holds it all together with some quite moving performances.

The end of season 3 felt like a finale but apparently there will be a season 4.

Drummond It's worth watching all of it.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Just finished season 3. It's really well written and directed. They keep the same themes of discovering who the murder victim is and how they died, the lifetime impact on families of the victims, depicting everyday British immigrant families. Nicola Walker holds it all together with some quite moving performances.

The end of season 3 felt like a finale but apparently there will be a season 4.

Drummond It's worth watching all of it.
Thanks for that! I started S3 tonight, good beginning and I’m keen to watch more, have high hopes.

In season 4 of Whitechapel and sadly after loving the first two seasons, and enjoying the third, the fourth has really gone downhill.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Started watching a show called Endeavour. It's about the same character as Inspector Morse but in his younger days. It's set in the beautiful city and surrounding countryside of Oxford. There's old Jags, a lot of pints being sunk, and opera whilst mysterious crimes are being solved. What more do you want?

I've seen season 5 of Line of Duty and it's a ripper, plenty of twists and references to previous series, not too sure about Steve's beard though.
Just started Happy Valley. 2 episodes in, fantastic stuff I’m hooked.

British TV is just miles ahead of anything I’ve seen before. It’s all so real and gritty. Can’t believe it’s only been the last six months that I’ve got into it.
Just about to start season two. Sarah Lancashire is just superb and the kid that plays Ryan does amazingly well for what is obviously a tough role at times.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've seen season 5 of Line of Duty and it's a ripper, plenty of twists and references to previous series, not too sure about Steve's beard though.

Just about to start season two. Sarah Lancashire is just superb and the kid that plays Ryan does amazingly well for what is obviously a tough role at times.
Happy Valley was elite.

Tommy Lee Royce a great villain. Absolute evil.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Not a cop show, but I would recommend Gentleman Jack (BBC). I think even people who don't care for period drama will enjoy it; Downton Abbey it ain't! Written by Sally Wainwright, who also wrote Happy Valley, Last Tango in Halifax, Scott and Bailey...

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The Victim - BBC, 4 parts
A mother seeks the whereabouts of her son's killer after he is released from prison, unleashing a series of events that surface tragic memories and unexpected consequences.

I can recommend this.

Just finished, It's superb.

The acting across the board is 1st class especially James Harkness as Craig.

Lyttelton Ranger

Squadron Leader
Mar 10, 2008
The Lord's Pyjamas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR
Thanks to all those on here that recommended Unforgotten. I finally got round to seeing S1. It was well paced with believable characters and a great score and even a mild twist at the end. Only irritation for me was the slightly preachy PC themes but overall that didn't take away from the enjoyment. About to launch into S2

Back