FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. I'll get to it soon.
I'm watching Love/Hate again. Can't believe how good this show is. It reminds me of The Shield, mateship and betrayal all rolled together. But Ah Jaysus, it's hard to understand at times.

Love/hate is butal.

Love that show.

I'm rewatching the shield.

Not much in UK in the pipe line atm.

Again not British but this is kinda the places for it...

False Flag, brilliant. Loved it. So suspenseful, just so well done. Great viewing.

Unsure if you're aware, but it's being Americanized!

Unsure if mentioned on the previous 34 pages of this thread, but I just finished watching 'Informer' from 2018. Well worth a watch. Paddy Considine plays the lead cop whose undercover past bobs up to haunt him every now & then, while working in counter-terrorism.

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Unsure if mentioned on the previous 34 pages of this thread, but I just finished watching 'Informer' from 2018. Well worth a watch. Paddy Considine plays the lead cop whose undercover past bobs up to haunt him every now & then, while working in counter-terrorism.

Just finished that as well.
Fantastic show I thought.
The final scene. Quite sad.
Really explored the nuances of the main characters lives Incredibly well I thought.
Paddy Considine killed it. Great performance.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Thanks. I'll get to it soon.
I'm watching Love/Hate again. Can't believe how good this show is. It reminds me of The Shield, mateship and betrayal all rolled together. But Ah Jaysus, it's hard to understand at times.

Tanks a million for suggesting this show. It's a grand craic. I'll be bringing to my gaff regularly like, so I will.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
watched the first 2 seasons of Line of Duty and I wasn't overly impressed. thankfully S2 is an improvement on S1...if it wasn't for the presence of Lol i probably would have dropped it after the first. I might get back to it eventually but it's on hold for now.

have also watched S1 of Love/Hate and I'm hooked so big thanks to Cookie and rocker_oz33 for the recommendation :thumbsu:

What Remains

Just finished 'What Remains'... Very good. Thanks again for the reco.

I actually watched it after viewing 'Unforgotten' Season 1.

Is it just me, or is the "Whodunnit" aspect of these UK shows practically secondary now? It's more the cherry on top than the cake itself these days, since it's very rare that we're shocked as to who actually did it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Started dark heart last night seems ok.

But not at the level of other UK gems.
I watched the first ep and nothing more. I might go back to it though, just wasn’t in the mood at the time.

I just finished The Victim, A+. Just outstanding. Acting, writing, soundtrack, can’t speak highly enough about it.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I just finished The Victim, A+. Just outstanding. Acting, writing, soundtrack, can’t speak highly enough about it.

Yeah it's a goodun, Kelly Mac as always nailing her role (has she ever been in anything 'bad'? If so I haven't seen it yet), she created a lot of conflict for me which is a sign of a job well done.

Sorry for continually bringing up non UK shows but you guys are too good...

The Killing (the Danish one). Any good?

Only seens bits and pieces the US one looks very similar.

Have you watched the bridge?
The tunnel.
Not uk but cardinal is not bad.

Nothing wrong getting your UK crime fix.
I wish they were making new series.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
The Killing first season started the whole 'Scandi noir' thing. A very good TV series indeed. I never bothered with any of the American re-makes myself. When you've watched all the originals, what's the point?

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
I gave Marcella season 1 a 6/10. Storyline felt a bit weak and the big one for me, characters, were lacking in depth. All my opinion of course. Haven’t checked out S2 yet, I may eventually.

Happy Valley meanwhile is as close to perfect TV as I’ve seen.

I gave Marcella season 1 a 6/10. Storyline felt a bit weak and the big one for me, characters, were lacking in depth. All my opinion of course. Haven’t checked out S2 yet, I may eventually.

Happy Valley meanwhile is as close to perfect TV as I’ve seen.
Apparently there's a new season of Happy Valley in the works but they're waiting for the kid that played Ryan to grow up a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back