FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much on the UK crime drama about.
Good news on Line of duty new season tho...hope it's out soon.

I was looking for something to watch I found a few shows thst are alright in White Dragon and state of play both on Stan.

I had a huge backlog, so I'll never run out. My list is still about 40 strong + BBCFirst on Foxtel/Binge usually have 2-3 new series running at 1 time.

You're in a John Simm kinda mood, clearly! State of Play is awesome. White Dragon is ok, but a bit muddled.

I had a huge backlog, so I'll never run out. My list is still about 40 strong + BBCFirst on Foxtel/Binge usually have 2-3 new series running at 1 time.

You're in a John Simm kinda mood, clearly! State of Play is awesome. White Dragon is ok, but a bit muddled.

What's on your list worth watching mate.

What's on your list worth watching mate.

As in, the stuff I've seen & can recommend?

Other than the obvious multi-season series that have been mentioned heaps in this thread (EG: Line of Duty, Luther, The Fall, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, Unforgotten, etc...), I'd go with the following 10:

- State of Play
- Informer
- Criminal Justice
- The Shadow Line
- Inside Men
- River
- Save Me
- The Capture
- The Spy
- What Remains

Last edited:
As in, the stuff I've seen & can recommend?

Other than the obvious multi-season series that have been mentioned heaps in this thread (EG: Line of Duty, Luther, The Fall, Happy Valley, Unforgotten, etc...), I'd go with the following 10:

- State of Play
- Informer
- Criminal Justice
- The Shadow Line
- Inside Men
- River
- Save Me
- The Capture
- The Spy
- What Remains

Cheers mate .
I've seen most of those but I'll look at the few I have not seen.
Thank you.

I've not seen many on that list but Paddy Considine is terrific in Informer, I'll say that. But then again, he generally is. I've said it before and I'll say it again; although widely praised, I thought River was garbage.

Save Me, S1 and S2... Any idea? Is it worth the watch?
Anything with Lennie James and or Stephen Graham in it is at least worth a look. I rated season 1 and I look forward to season 2.
Smashed through S1. Very good. I finished S2 of Save Me. There's a couple of weaker episodes - I checked and they were the ones not written by Lennie James. But it comes home strongly and there is potential for a third season.

Just finished both seasons of 'Save Me' myself... I really liked them, but more for the characters and the way each actor portrays them. Lennie may as well be Nelly, the way he plays the role. I actually hadn't realised that he wrote 10 of the 12 episodes over both seasons.

Obviously, it's a bit tough to watch at stages due to the subject matter, but huge kudos to Stephen Graham for pulling off - and even accepting - the role he plays.

The 2nd season is a bit off on it's pacing & structure over the 6 episodes, but it's fair to state that enough happens to keep things moving. I'm still unsure what I think of the way they pulled off the big happening in S02, E04. It added a sense of anything can happen at any time, but it may have stretched the luck aspect of it all a little too much imo. At least it was referred to in that way in a subsequent episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread as yet, but has anyone seen 'The Hustle'; the series that ran for 8 seasons (2004-2012) with Adrian Lester & Robert Vaughan? If so, can you recommend it or not?

Watched the first of DES I found it interesting.

I remember watching a doco on Denis Nilson on serial killer Sunday a while back.

I don't understand if you kill people why move to a upstairs flat... Makes it harder to get rid of their bodies... That just my thoughts .

I reckon Tennant is trying to ditch his nice guy persona. 'Deadwater Fell' and now this.

I reckon Tennant is trying to ditch his nice guy persona. 'Deadwater Fell' and now this.

Thanks for the spoiler on dead water fell Kent :moustache: .

I don't think David plays over likeable characters.
Board church .
I started Gracepoint this week.

The movie what we did on our holiday with Billy connolly

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread as yet, but has anyone seen 'The Hustle'; the series that ran for 8 seasons (2004-2012) with Adrian Lester & Robert Vaughan? If so, can you recommend it or not?
just Hustle no The, and i loved it. it's a tad repetitive with every episode following a similar formula but the writing is good and the characters are endearing.

give it a go

Last edited:
just Hustle no The, and i loved it. it's a tad repetitive with every episode following a similar formula but the writing is good and the characters are endearing.

give it a go

Ta. Sounds like a good reco, although I'm unsure what's going on with your 1st sentence there.

For those missing their fill of Sarah Lancashire, this 4 parter begins Friday September-4 on ABC:

The Accident was shown here quite some time back. it's a bit bleak, but well written, Sarah L is very good as always. Also in it; Joanna Scanlon (Viv from No Offence).

It was ok. I had issues with a couple of things (The way the kids were written. The strange relationship between Lancashire & her husband), but it was only 4 eps and flew by quick enough.

Also in it was Nabhaan Rizwan, basically the lead actor from the terrific 'Informer'. 1st time I've seen him since. Poor bugger doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

Honour.
a new ITV two part drama about the police investigation into the honour killing of Banaz Mahmod.
it's pretty good despite being a touch melodramtic in parts. Keeley Hawes, as always, puts in a solid performance.
i know the Brits like to keep things short but i reckon they missed an opportunity here. there's so much scope for more depth in the characters and story.

there's a doco about it on youtube called Banaz: A Love Story that is really good. some of the dialogue in the ITV drama comes from interviews in this.
it's worth watching just to see her police interview. it's heartbreaking stuff...particularly when you consider that the police either chose to ignore her or somehow failed to follow it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back