FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Unforgotton is a very well done show.

It is... And I think it got better as the seasons went on due to the writers getting a better grip on the characters. One of the main issues I had with Season 1 was the way it treated Sunny as a dithering - almost comic - cop. I mean, there were underlings that were getting things more correct than he was. It didn't really suit his character & felt like the writers thought Bhaskar was still in Kumars!

Of course, the biggest mystery of the series is still to be solved... What's in Sunny's rucksack?

1609306930151.png

It is... And I think it got better as the seasons went on due to the writers getting a better grip on the characters. One of the main issues I had with Season 1 was the way it treated Sunny as a dithering - almost comic - cop. I mean, there were underlings that were getting things more correct than he was. It didn't really suit his character & felt like the writers thought Bhaskar was still in Kumars!

Of course, the biggest mystery of the series is still to be solved... What's in Sunny's rucksack?

View attachment 1033960

season 4 has begun filming again 😍

Finished off 'We Hunt Together' today.

Not too bad. 6 parter at 45 mins per ep, so not too much of a time drain.

Gotta say though, Eve Myles is starting to annoy me a fair bit. Between her character here and on 'Keeping Faith', it's very tough to be on her side.

Hermione Corfield is pretty good, although she does borrow a little from Jodie Comer's 'Killing Eve' character. Have we even mentioned 'Killing Eve' in here? Oh well, that's for another post.

Last edited:
I watched both seasons of PREY recently.

They are separate stories with the 1st season starring John Simm & the 2nd starring Robert Glenister.

There's nothing overly special about either season and it's all fairly predictable stuff, but it's well made and at 3x 45 minute episodes each season, it's basically like watching a decent movie each time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched both seasons of PREY recently.

They are separate stories with the 1st season starring John Simm & the 2nd starring Robert Glenister.

There's nothing overly special about either season and it's all fairly predictable stuff, but it's well made and at 3x 45 minute episodes each season, it's basically like watching a decent movie each time.
Excellent summation. Watched it also and really enjoyed it. Nothing overly groundbreaking but a very well put together, acted and written show. Recommend to all.

Just got through both seasons of 'KEEPING FAITH'.

I dunno, there was always something about Eve Myles that just rubs me the wrong way... So it didn't help that she is the only listed actress in the opening credits (has anyone ever seen that before? It's like she's got superstar creative control or something). Her pouting & hair-tossing is just annoying.

Anyway, the show is ok, but just way too implausible, as well as being a little too soapy & melodramatic. 8 episodes was too many for the 1st season as well.

The supporting characters play their role well enough, but it still doesn't get their names in the opening credits.

I've just watched the first 2 (of 4) seasons of CB Strike. I don't think the series has been mentioned in this thread before for whatever reason, but it's the show based on the novels by famed author Robert Galbraith. You know Robert, don't you? No! Oh, maybe you know him/her under their real name Joanne K Rowling!

Anyway, it's actually a pretty cool little private detective series. Nothing that is likely to blow you away, but it's entertaining, tight (season lengths are 3, 2, 2 & 4 episodes respectively) and does most things right for the genre. More importantly, the 2 leads (Tom 'State of Play' Burke & Holliday 'The Capture' Grainger) both make the roles their own.

Ha! Glad to see so many fans of he Bill, part of my TV education. And who could forget Eddie Santini? So many great characters. I was interested in the comments about Keeping Faith: here I watched it as a foreign-language show, in Welsh, sub-titled into English. Of course some conversations were carried out in English too, but it seems more real if 'that's how it really was', I guess. So it ends up being more like watching a Scandi series, say.

Still, i won't have a word said against the lovely Faith!

Can't beat The Bill.

Frank Burnside "Leave it out you bleedin' toerags"

blob

Can't find it being mentioned in here but just finished Gangs of London on Stan and I think a lot of people who post in here would enjoy it as much as I did.

Compelling storyline with plenty of twists, awesome cinematography (although very gory), and great acting and music.

New series from Jed 'Line of Duty, Bodyguard' Mercurio airs late-Feb in the U.K... Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here:

Can't beat The Bill.

Frank Burnside "Leave it out you bleedin' toerags"

blob

Frank Burnside one of the great tv characters of all time....

So many run ins with Bob Cryer and Ted Roach.... Fantastic times on a Saturday and a Tuesday night

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

not a cop show but watched 'the virtues' - a typical uk 4 part mini-series. think it was on stan.

stephen graham is a great actor - some grim subject matter but a good series and worth watching.

Yep, really looking forward to watching this. Almost universally top-notch reviews too.

Stephen Graham was fantastic in 'Save Me', in a role that doesn't sound too much different than this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back