FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Welcome return tonight for a new season of Unforgotten, looking promising after the first ep.

Good to hear... But do we find out what's in Sunny's rucksack?

1609306930151.png

Presuming that you are asking about 'Unforgotten'? If so, it has previously debuted on Foxtel's BBCFirst - usually about 1-2 months after it airs in the U.K. But it all relies on the distributor, so who knows. ABC always gets it eventually, but that's usually about 1 year later.

THE PEMBROKESHIRE MURDERS is on this coming Wednesday March-3 at 8:30'ish.

It's a 2 month old ITV based-on-a-true-crime series and looks pretty good. Keith "father of Lily" Allen plays the prime suspect.

The catch is that it's on Channel 7. But the good news is that it's only 3 parts and they're showing the 1st 2 eps back-to-back.

Last edited:
So *ing pumped... The new series of Line of Duty starts Sunday 21 March, 9pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer... Kelly Mac FTW.

Re: an Australian airing, the rights are a little in limbo right now as former channel Universal no longer retains the rights.

Last edited:
So f*n pumped... The new series of Line of Duty starts Sunday 21 March, 9pm on BBC One and BBC iPlayer... Kelly Mac FTW.

Re: an Australian airing, the rights are a little in limbo right now as former channel Universal no longer retains the rights.

Britbox got the rights to this in Australia FFS. That's a couple of hundred Aussies that will be happy!

Cookie

Club Legend
May 2, 2004
Right in front of you
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CreweAlex,SF Giants,Detroit Lions
New series from Jed 'Line of Duty, Bodyguard' Mercurio airs late-Feb in the U.K... Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here:

Just finished it. Not too bad overall. Had some moments and it also had some not quite believable parts. But given the offerings from the UK these days, it will have to do.

Must say Nesbitt's character in The Secret still haunts me - a bible bashing, god bothering, manipulating, predicating murderer.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Just finished it. Not too bad overall. Had some moments and it also had some not quite believable parts. But given the offerings from the UK these days, it will have to do.

Bloodlands was good but a bit manipulative that we knew more than the characters. Then they didn't wrap up the story up inside the season.

Unforgotten is better in terms of story construction, and you know the ends will be squared up by the finish.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I didn't bother with Bloodlands, although I don't dislike Jimmy Nesbitt, as a lot here do. But I'd echo the praise for Unforgotten.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Just watched the first ep of the new Line of Duty. It's very good but I feel the British drama shows are being overly influenced by requirements such as BFI criteria for funding as regards diversity standards, and BAFTA awards criteria. It feels like they are ticking off diversity boxes to shoehorn in 50-50 gender balance, under-represented ethnic groups, lesbians and disabled characters. Unforgotten is another good show where almost the same diversity bingo card is satisfied.

There's nothing wrong with these story elements being included where relevant but to incentivise them being included in every show ironically makes them less diverse.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Grace.

Two movie length episodes starring John Simm as Detective Superintendent Roy Grace. His wife went missing a few years ago and now he is driven to solve other missing persons cases. The first episode is superb. I reckon fans of Line of Duty and Unforgotten will love it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The last episode (possibly the last ever) of Unforgotten turned into a soppy soap which was disappointing. Still, it's been a great series over the years.

New series from Jed 'Line of Duty, Bodyguard' Mercurio airs late-Feb in the U.K... Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here:

For those waiting; SBS have the rights to 'Bloodlands' and will begin airing it on Wednesday May-26

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I didn't see Bloodlands. Dunno why, really, I don't dislike Nesbitt (as plenty seem to), but I didn't watch it anyway.

Any time I can be of help! :D

Does John Simm ever take some time off?

This is 2x 90 min episodes... Filmed in Brighton, so will probably give off some 'Broadchurch' vibes (the last shot of the trailer certainly does):

Back