UK UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson - A loco recordarentur operum verborumque eius

Remove this Banner Ad

have you fogotten about the last labor government of that war criminal tony blair , the country is still reeling from his governance
I was living there at the time and Iraq which I agree is unforgivable aside although doubtlessly you've forgiven John Howard, the UK was in a pretty decent place. I'm interested in what other parts of Blair's governance you think has left Britain reeling over a decade since he left office.

I was living there at the time and Iraq which I agree is unforgivable aside although doubtlessly you've forgiven John Howard, the UK was in a pretty decent place. I'm interested in what other parts of Blair's governance you think has left Britain reeling over a decade since he left office.
unlimited migration to a country which is well over populated already, a million iraqi civilians were killed, british serviceman sent into battle without proper weaponry to protect themselves, maimed and killed soldiers, war widows etc, Blair needs to rot in hell

unlimited migration to a country which is well over populated already, a million iraqi civilians were killed, british serviceman sent into battle without proper weaponry to protect themselves, maimed and killed soldiers, war widows etc, Blair needs to rot in hell
That's all Iraq and we did all that as well just quietly. What else did Blair do that you would have Britain still reeling from?

Can you explain why the Cameron government raised immigration to 300k compared to Blair's 150k?

I hope you also want to see the little johhnie tried for the same war crimes?

Johnson needs to stand aside now and let his deputy takeover, otherwise Labor is going to get voted in and that will just be ruinous for Britian
This sounds like you're trying to say the Tories have done a marvellous job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson can eff right off with his attacks on the BBC.

FMD do people like him have no grasp whatsoever of the common good?

*iing scum, I bet Murdoch is one of the secret donors!!
The conservatives worldwide are hellbent on destroying impartial journalism and broadcasting.
* em

"Strip away Johnson’s famous boosterism, and you are left with a series of hit jobs on things. All very well for a newspaper columnist – indeed, it is the stock in trade – but he is the prime minister. Even allowing for the pandemic, it is becoming unavoidably clear: Johnson has been unable to make the leap from critic to artist.

Destroying the BBC, forcibly repelling migrants, voter suppression when we don’t have a problem with voter fraud, a war on judges, unpicking his own Brexit deal … Johnson is really a wrecker disguised as a builder."

And this, on his vicious campaign against the BBC:

"For more than 10 years, Conservative governments wishing to kneecap the BBC have fallen back on one question they always believe is rhetorical: why does this or that presenter get paid more than the prime minister? Weirdly, no one’s tried that line yet this time. Can’t think why. But we know how these things work, so it won’t be long before secretary of state for culture wars Nadine Dorries is out there demanding to know why Zoe Ball or whoever gets paid more than Boris Johnson.

I guess the minor points of difference are that Zoe’s very good at her job, people like her and she doesn’t hold her listeners in total contempt. But given how deeply most politicians struggle with the very basic showbiz concept of “talent”, let’s put it another way: did Zoe’s indecision lead to the deaths of thousands of people, cause the entire economy to be shut down way longer than it needed to be and preside over a multibillion-pound culture of cronyism? Did Zoe’s producer break lockdown rules to drive a 60-mile round trip to test their eyesight? Is Zoe a career liar, whose pathological mendacity is now tearing at the entire fabric of trust in politics, and even the very notion of government by consent, in ways that will last for all of us long past her departure from her current role?"

And this, on his vicious campaign against the BBC:

"For more than 10 years, Conservative governments wishing to kneecap the BBC have fallen back on one question they always believe is rhetorical: why does this or that presenter get paid more than the prime minister? Weirdly, no one’s tried that line yet this time. Can’t think why. But we know how these things work, so it won’t be long before secretary of state for culture wars Nadine Dorries is out there demanding to know why Zoe Ball or whoever gets paid more than Boris Johnson.

I guess the minor points of difference are that Zoe’s very good at her job, people like her and she doesn’t hold her listeners in total contempt. But given how deeply most politicians struggle with the very basic showbiz concept of “talent”, let’s put it another way: did Zoe’s indecision lead to the deaths of thousands of people, cause the entire economy to be shut down way longer than it needed to be and preside over a multibillion-pound culture of cronyism? Did Zoe’s producer break lockdown rules to drive a 60-mile round trip to test their eyesight? Is Zoe a career liar, whose pathological mendacity is now tearing at the entire fabric of trust in politics, and even the very notion of government by consent, in ways that will last for all of us long past her departure from her current role?"

There really isn’t a better political columnist than Marina Hyde.

Just replace Johnson with Trump and a few of the particulars and it describes the republicans in the US and our own mini me Morrison here.
RW governments and their divisive, populist politics corruption are the worst thing that has happened to our world in the last 20 years.

Just replace Johnson with Trump and a few of the particulars and it describes the republicans in the US and our own mini me Morrison here.
RW governments and their divisive, populist politics corruption are the worst thing that has happened to our world in the last 20 years.

Seems to be an Anglo sphere thing

The idea that people who don't support them should be sanctioned, be it through violence in the US or by rorting the system as we've seen here is the most destructive idea that's seeped into modern conservatism. There's no "both sides" argument to fall back on here because what we're seeing now is unprecedented.

Seems to be an Anglo sphere thing

Not really - Modi, Bolsonaro, Orbán and Erdogan are four just as obnoxious or even worse than Trump, Johnson and Morrison.

Our pushing away of other potential allies to increase our buddying up with the UK and the US, two countries that have displayed that they can’t be trusted on any international deal or agreement with every change of leader being a reset on everything, is a strangely Anglosphere thing, and something we ought to stop doing. The pair are sliding, and only will as less and less countries take them seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back