Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 - Confirmed shot down by Iranian military

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
It appears as if the Iranian military has shot down Ukraine Flight PS752 minutes after departure from Tehran International Airport:

176 people are dead. It seems incredible that another tragedy can happen like this in today's day and age when live flight tracking is freely available to all including the operators of Iranian military assets.

Video of shootdown:

Air traffic around Tehran at the time of the tragedy:

Fallout from this is going to be huge.

Bellingcat have geolocated the shootdown video and verified its authenticity:

Last edited:

That's f’ed up. So innocent people in a civilian airline flight made victims because Iran associates Trump with Ukraine ?

I doubt that was the reason. More likely someone thought that they were under attack from the US because of the Iranian missile attack hours earlier and fired on the aircraft without verifying/going up the chain of command.

The Russians that shotdown MH17 weren't part of any official military chain of command so you can see how they could do it (flight tracking aside) but Iran's military should have been linked with their civilian ATC making a shootdown of a civilian aircraft virtually impossible. It wasn't far from the airport.

Realistically they are ******* arseholes for shooting on a civilian plane whether on purpose or mistaking it for someone else they want to shoot out of sky.

Absolutely, on their own turf. Flight tracking available on the internet ffs and they were near an international airport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weapons of war are powerful. If you have weapons for defending your country, that's okay, but you need to KNOW HOW TO USE THEM YOU STUPID CAMPAIGNERS. Honestly I have no skin in this game but I'm absolutely disgusted and furious that hundreds more families have been shattered, again, because of people who handle missiles like boys with toys.

Go and get ****ed and rot in hell. And most of the passengers were from their own country. Idiotic negligence.

Yet another example of Iranian trigger happy destructive mentality... whether accidental or intentional.

Country is run by war mongering psychopaths.

Terrible tragedy for the families of lost ones
Err, you're forgetting the exact same thing happening in 1988 buddy, except this time it was the other way round, and more people died.

And the people who shot them down all got medals!

Err, you're forgetting the exact same thing happening in 1988 buddy, except this time it was the other way round, and more people died.

Thats a terrible act too mate..

Takes nothing away from what I’ve posted though. Iran is a country run by psychopaths. When they’re not shooting down planes theyre busy funding various terrorists groups, killing their own protesters or subjugating their own people.

Thats a terrible act too mate..

Takes nothing away from what I’ve posted though. Iran is a country run by psychopaths. When they’re not shooting down planes theyre busy funding various terrorists groups, killing their own protesters or subjugating their own people.
I don't disagree they're run by psychopaths, but the historical psychopathy of US actions are plain to see.

Apparently Trump is now being blamed for this action by Iran. IMO he has been very restrained by US presidential standards.

I don't disagree they're run by psychopaths, but the historical psychopathy of US actions are plain to see.

Apparently Trump is now being blamed for this action by Iran. IMO he has been very restrained by US presidential standards.

Iran is blaming trump for its own stupidity and negligence for its own shooting down a plane? Now I’ve heard everything

Iran is blaming trump for its own stupidity and negligence for its own shooting down a plane? Now I’ve heard everything
No, US media are blaming Trump for Iran's stupidity.

Eg the laughable David "Axis of Evil" Frum.

No American paid a price for President Donald Trump’s decision to kill Iran’s Qassem Soleimani. But it looks like 176 other people did, including 63 Canadian citizens and many more Iranian nationals en route to Canada.​

Hmm Dave, so killing a bad guy in Iraq has unfortunate blowback? When else was that lesson learned this century?

I think the connection in blaming trump for Iran going all in batshit crazy stupid is clutching at straws and merely confirmation bias for the trump haters.

I’m no trump fan but even that is straw clutching at best.

Iran pulled the trigger on a passenger plane in its own flight path without the required protocols. They muffed it. And Iran needs to be held accountable. Any other spin is just utter bullsh*t

The were under fire, the plane was reasonably close,mis identified and they radio it ten times.

Not exactly the same but a little better excuse than the latest effort plus they paid compensation.

Iirc no one got medals for shooting it down but campaign medals

That's an entirely different scenario. The battleship was engaged with Iranian gunships in the Persian Gulf. They did attempt to contact the aircraft via radio to identify itself but for whatever reason the aircraft did not respond.

They certainly didn't have live flight tracking available freely on the internet to use at the time. The captain had to consult a flight schedule in this incident - the only problem was the ship went off time in a diferent timezone to Iran so mistakenly thought that the area was clear of commercial air traffic.

There was no battles over Tehran at the time so there was no need to be trigger happy.

Bit of a myth about the medal. Yes he did get one, but that was not for the Iran Air incident, that was for his service in general in the Persian Gulf. The captain was soon forced to retire in 1991, only 3 years later.

The US did admit to culpability almost instantly. Reparations were delayed because the US wanted to pay it straight ot the victims whereas the Iranians wanted it paid to the governement.

Iran Air 655 could not possibly happen under the current American military command system.

The were under fire, the plane was reasonably close,mis identified and they radio it ten times.

Not exactly the same but a little better excuse than the latest effort plus they paid compensation.

Iirc no one got medals for shooting it down but campaign medals
I reckon if you make a mistake that grievous you deserve zero commendation. Unless you're a country run by psychopaths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back