Ukraine International Airlines Flight PS752 - Confirmed shot down by Iranian military

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren't you posting garbage from that site the other day, with the site saying it was an accident?
Bellingcat urged caution before jumping to conclusions. Which I would have thought was a reasonable proposition. It's recognised as being authorative on these matters, but having seen your posting I understand that you wouldn't be aware of that.

"We've profiled the organization leading that effort, Bellingcat, in the past. Created by Eliot Higgins, whose work evaluating publicly available documentation of the Syrian civil war earned him international attention, Bellingcat was formed in mid-July 2014.

Days later, a Russian surface-to-air missile took down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, often referred to as MH17. Bellingcat and Higgins used photos shared online to prove, among other things, that a Russian Buk missile launcher had entered the area shortly before the crash, earning the organization and Higgins the ire of the Russian government. The organization’s research was eventually central to court cases centered on the crash."

has aged well :thumbsu:
Hasn’t been seen since the announcement. And they referred to everyone else as brain dead sheep. Should be looking in a mirror.

Reminds me of this bloke. Except he was hilarious.

1578734001579.jpeg

Also dont buy the nonsense about the plane flying "too close" to a military installation. See below:

PS 752 was flying pretty much the standard departure profile.

I also believe the only reason the Iranians fessed up was because of the mounting incontrovertible evidence against them out there in the media thanks to cellphones / dashcams etc. They deflected and denied for 3 days until they really had no choice but to own up. Even when owning up they try and blame Trump!

Bellingcat urged caution before jumping to conclusions. Which I would have thought was a reasonable proposition. It's recognised as being authorative on these matters, but having seen your posting I understand that you wouldn't be aware of that.

"We've profiled the organization leading that effort, Bellingcat, in the past. Created by Eliot Higgins, whose work evaluating publicly available documentation of the Syrian civil war earned him international attention, Bellingcat was formed in mid-July 2014.

Days later, a Russian surface-to-air missile took down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17, often referred to as MH17. Bellingcat and Higgins used photos shared online to prove, among other things, that a Russian Buk missile launcher had entered the area shortly before the crash, earning the organization and Higgins the ire of the Russian government. The organization’s research was eventually central to court cases centered on the crash."

Yes it urged caution but also seemed to rubbish the suggestion that it was shot down.

I can read English.

Yes it urged caution but also seemed to rubbish the suggestion that it was shot down.

I can read English.

I didn't get that impression. They were saying wait for the facts to be established before jumping to conclusions.

They later verified and geo-located a video of the shoot down.

Hasn’t been seen since the announcement. And they referred to everyone else as brain dead sheep. Should be looking in a mirror.

Reminds me of this bloke. Except he was hilarious.

View attachment 804736

This bloke was absolutely brilliant. I think he was the 'Iraq Information Minister' at the time, and to paraphrase this interview:

"It's all lies and speculation, there is no USA military here, we have not seen any sign of this 'alleged invasion', it's just propaganda and lies!" - you obviously had to ignore the explosions and buildings burning around him...
I also recall in another interview he did in downtown Baghdad, same claims etc., but you could actually see US tanks and troops going down the street behind him...!?!?

If I remember correctly there were also a few comedy parodies of this clown done shortly after this....

Last edited:
I didn't get that impression. They were saying wait for the facts to be established before jumping to conclusions.

They later verified and geo-located a video of the shoot down.

Well they seemed to categorically dismiss reports of shrapnel damage as nothing more than mud covered debris, they were right and others were wrong.

Nek minit, yep shot down.

At last sone clarity after some quite ridiculous denials.

Russians should take a leaf out of their book. Denying responsibility in the face of overwhelming evidence does no benefit in the long run.
There’s a difference. Iran obviously shot down this plane. Russia did not shoot down MH17.

What it seemed to you isn't what it said. And it is quite an authoritative source on these matters. One which you rubbished.

If I wasn't on my phone it would be easier to actually quote, maybe when I get home on Tuesday night

You obviously read it different to me. They seemed pretty sure of themselves in the first article, that others were wrong. Who are they to say others didn't know? Maybe they were privy to information or had access to sources that Bellingcat didn't.

It smacked of arrogance / sour grapes to me at being beaten to the punch.

If I wasn't on my phone it would be easier to actually quote, maybe when I get home on Tuesday night

You obviously read it different to me. They seemed pretty sure of themselves in the first article, that others were wrong. Who are they to say others didn't know? Maybe they were privy to information or had access to sources that Bellingcat didn't.

It smacked of arrogance / sour grapes to me at being beaten to the punch.
It was early on before much was known. They suggested there was nothing proven to show it was anything but an accident citing claims about shrapnel damage which were unsubstantiated.

They were waiting for authoritative evidence before committing which is why they suggested care in making unproven -at that time - claims. What responsible journalists/observers should do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

US drops a Bomb from a drone on an Iranian general and kills him. Iranians launch missile attacks on US installations in Iraq as retaliation, Ukraine air gets caught in the cross-fire.

This was bound to happen...it had nothing to do with Trump but his actions days earlier have certainly contributed to the downing of the flight.

As for flights and their airways...Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Caspian sea will be the logical options.

Yeah, IA655 was definitely avoidable.

Some serious bad luck.

- Crew consulted a flight schedule to ascertain if the aircraft was civillian. It was published in a different time zone to what the warship was operating on.
- Behind Iran Air 655 was a F14 Tomcat at the same airport it departed from. Initially this caused the warship to pickup the transpoder from the fighter. Unfortunately when the readout on the warship changed back to a civillian reading the crew didnt believe it with them being under attack.
- Warship tried 10 times to contact Iran Air 655. Some of those attempts were on military frequencies and were therefore futile. For whatever reason IA 655 did not respond to the other warnings on international frequencies.

A repeat of this under US command is now pretty much impossible.
Hopefully. Unfortunately Murphy's law still applies.

I really believe the key was the Captains personality.

QUOTE="Lebbo73, post: 64087692, member: 157921"]
There’s a difference. Iran obviously shot down this plane. Russia did not shoot down MH17.
[/QUOTE]
You must believe the world's flat.

US drops a Bomb from a drone on an Iranian general and kills him. Iranians launch missile attacks on US installations in Iraq as retaliation, Ukraine air gets caught in the cross-fire.

This was bound to happen...it had nothing to do with Trump but his actions days earlier have certainly contributed to the downing of the flight.

As for flights and their airways...Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Caspian sea will be the logical options.

The US didn't drop ANY bombs into Iran. There is NO "crossfire".

Suspected it was a cruise missile, now there's an excuse.

And because it somehow the Yanks fault

Apparently the Iranian Revolutionary guards s**t the plane down in the belief it was a cruise missile.

Supposedly the missile battery operstor was alone and supposed to get verification before shooting but had trouble with their communications equipment. Decided to launch at the supposed imminent threat.

Last edited:
What about the attack on US personnel by Iranian backed militia at the K1 air base that killed an American a week before the General was targeted?

Conveniently forgotten by all who focus on the US attack on the General and his convoy.

Suspected it was a cruise missile, now there's an excuse.

And because it somehow the Yanks fault

Yet these guys think they would win a war against the US...

Well well well. Looks like the Iranians have almost done this a few times before:

And they didn't learn from it either. Of serious concern now - will Iranian airspace be considered safe again? What's to stop some revolutionary nutter in charge of a BUK missile battery firing on a Europe-Asia flight believing it to be a cruise missile? Seems like Iran's military command structure is absolute chaos - some units operate on their own, lack of unification.

An absolute disaster for them to be in charge of nuclear weapons.

For those that can be bothered translating a link in Russian of an interview with a weapons engineer familiar to the TOR M-1 system:

The gist of it is the operators really should have known that the aircraft came from the nearby airfield. Once locked on to the aircraft impossible to lock onto something else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back