Politics & Government Ukraine

Remove this Banner Ad

Obama says "sanctions". Putin hears "no real action".

Sure there will be some sanctions. But US companies are making money out of the fossil fuel industry in Russia. Any sanctions well be screamed loudly by the US as doing something. Then removed silently when Big Oil speaks to their pet pollies.

The real problem in Russia at present is the aggression is matched by lies, to themselves. It was just made illegal to tell "lies" about WW2. i.e. "Lies" about how the communist party members in Leningrad ate well while others starved. The controlled media in Russia at present is raving about fascists and nazies in Ukraine. Lying is one thing, but lying to oneself is called delusion. Dulusion combined with armies and nukes is not a good thing.

I have little doubt that some of the so called "pro Russian milita" are really spetsnaz from the 2th, 16th brigades and 431 Naval. Ukraine has allowed their military to deteriorate, it appears the pollies preferred to spend taxes on welfare etc and relied on US and Russian guarantees of their borders. Having a strong military does guarantee peace, but having a weak one means you are weak and must accept what the strong demand of you.

They have the basis of a large defence force, but a lot of the equipment they got from the fall of the Soviet Union has been mothballed for years. They were moving from a large conscript force to a professional force. As is typical of pollies they took the savings of removing conscription, but did not reinvest in really funding a professional force. I understand that recruitment for a reinstated national guard has begun but it will take time and money for the cadre to train them up and to unmothball the equipment.

They are capable of storming some buildings vrs "milita" but in the short term Ukraine would have problems stopping a limited Russian offensive designed to take over the eastern provinces.

Russia has a time issue of its own. I understand the end of May is when conscripts that have served their time are released and a new bunch taken in. Of course they could hold them back, but it would be a very clear signal they are moving to a war footing. So will Putin throw the dice and move to "stop the bloodshed, restore peace and protect Russian speakers"?

Baldur, where on earth do you get your 'information'?

Probably from articles like this one:

Deadly Ukraine Fire Likely Sparked By Rebels, Government Says

Yeah, these civilians bordered themselves up in a building and set themselves alight.

Sure. Let's not let the obvious truth of the matter get in the way.

Seriously, if you believe this s**t, you are a moron.

It is as simple as that.

Watched a show the other day on Stalins crimes against humanity. Allthough the show was a very selective side to the story that assumed the Germans were still the evil ones despite Stalin killing 10's of millions in countries around Germany in the early to mid thirties.

7 million Ukrainians died in the winter of 32/33 of starvation while all their food was exported to western nations and the rest of Russia.

Some of the kids paid 20 grams of bread to collect the dead bodies would still be alive, watching all this new s**t unfold.

What show did you watch? Was it a History Channel 'documentary'?

It wouldn't surprise me if broadcasters began screening more anti-Soviet programming over the coming weeks and months.

Never mind that Stalin was Georgian, not Russian, and that Russians suffered during his reign as did Ukrainians.

Or that Russia is not the Soviet Union and the horrors committed by Stalin have nothing to do with Putin today.

Ukraine is no longer game to me

nV7iyAI.gif

Strange that the major news services aren't saying *much* about this:

Now the news generally like to carry their fair share of negative stories. Guy kills pretty woman. Old man bashed for cigarettes. House burns down with two people inside. And so on.

But they don't want to cover a story about Russia launching two ICBMs (the rockets that can travel thousands of kilometres carrying nuclear warheads) and untold numbers of SAMs?

Odd.

EDIT: Replaced 'anything' with 'much' because my wording was being taken literally. There are some articles about this in the Western media but they are buried, and almost nothing in Australia and even then they are buried, too.

Last edited:
It's been covered by Fox, CNN and ABC. They are pretty much the go-to mainstream news channels.
Where?

I just checked their websites and if they are covering this story (which I couldn't see), they certainly aren't giving it priority.

Meanwhile here in Australia I have yet to find one mention about this on News or Fairfax sites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise that the coverage you receive in Vancouver is not reflective of what we receive here in Australia where most bigfooty posters are based, right?

As for the March tests, I have googled it and found nothing on the scale of what took place yesterday.

Maybe the Australian press don't want anything to do with it because it is an impossible story to unpack. I don't know who believe.

I keep wondering how Australians would behave in situations of such bitterness. I wonder how much the average Aussie would have to endure before they could be roused to such violence.

This is a relatively old video. These kids look barely 18. I have no idea what they represent and I guess it doesn't really matter.
The Genius of the Crowd.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Maybe the Australian press don't want anything to do with it because it is an impossible story to unpack.
With due respect this is nonsense.

It is very clear what is happening over there.

Anybody who spends even a small amount of time doing their own research will come to realise that this is yet another Western-backed coup-turned-civil war.

The only truly inexplicable thing is how well Russia and separatists have handled themselves throughout.

If our government were ousted by CIA-backed neo-nazis and were burning Australians alive, even normally-non-violent people like me would be calling for them to be destroyed.

These people have simply said, 'fine, you have Kiev, we're going our own way'.

It is fantastic.

The US has condemned the secession elections held in eastern Ukraine as 'illegal'.

This after supporting the violent coup in Kiev just a few months ago.

And we the peons are supposed to accept this nonsense.

According to the US, their mainstream media and our mainstream media:

sssphoto.JPG

Please, friends, tell me you aren't dumb enough to fall for this s**t any more.

Does everybody remember crazy ol Joe Biden?

That's right, Vice President of the United States of America.

Well he has a son, who just landed himself a nice new gig on the board of a country's largest private gas producer.

Guess where?

Ukraine! What are the odds of this?

http://burisma.com/hunter-biden-joins-the-team-of-burisma-holdings/

They are just taking the piss now. Our closest ally. Plundering a nation. Before our very eyes.

Let's see what the MSM has to say about this over the next few days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back