Ultimate EFC Intra-club match

Ultimate EFC Intraclub-club match - who wins?

• Jobe’s Jube’s

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Tim’s Tams

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
OK, so I’ve had some downtime on a V-Line train and I’ve constructed 2 teams to combat each other in an intra-club match (afterall, it is that time of year). The players come from the Sheedy era onwards which probably covers the extent of the collective memory on this forum.

I thought to myself the only way to determine a winner is to ask the hive-mind. Those who don’t remember the older players would have plenty of video footage, stats and hearsay to make up your mind on their abilities.

So, who wins?

JOBE’S JUBES

B: Thompson Fletcher Hardwick
HB: Goddard Hooker Harvey
C: Heppell J Watson(c) Neagle
HF: Caracalla Lucas T Daniher
F: Bewick Salmon Van Der Haar
R: Ryder Hird J Johnson
I: Hawker Fantasia Duckworth Williams

WATERBOYS: Kelly Anderson McVeigh

TIM’S TAMS

B: NDaniher ADaniher Wanganeen
HB: Wellman Hurley Foulds
C: Long Misiti Z Merrett
HF: Mercuri R Merrett Baker
F: Buhagiar Lloyd J Daniher
R: SMadden TWatson(c) O’Donnell
I: Kickett M Johnson Zaharakis Stanton

WATERBOYS: Ramanauskas Rioli Solomon

SOME MOUTHWATERING MATCHUPS

Thompson/Budgie Fletch/Lloyd Hooker/Joe
Hardwick/Mercs Harvs/Rog Goddard/Baker
Hep/Zachy Jobe/Misiti Neagle/Longy
Caracalla/Foulds Lucas/Hurley Terry/Neale
Bewick/Wanga Salmon/ADaniher Vander/Wellman
Ryder/Madden Hird/Timmy JJ/GO’D

Fanta/Kickett Billy/MJ Daisy/Stants Hawker/Zaka

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow what a beatnik concept. love it.

It’s like cutting up the best of Efc team sheets from the last 30 yrs placing them into positions and pulling them out of a hat.

After contemplating both teams / match ups etc for a few hours I can’t decide.I love parts of both sides.

Ultimately if you tilted one side towards the 80’s teams than o would go for that side, as they delivered the bacon.

I am bursting for the bounce of the ball and our round one game against the Crows.

Wow what a beatnik concept. love it.

It’s like cutting up the best of Efc team sheets from the last 30 yrs placing them into positions and pulling them out of a hat.

After contemplating both teams / match ups etc for a few hours I can’t decide.I love parts of both sides.

Ultimately if you tilted one side towards the 80’s teams than o would go for that side, as they delivered the bacon.

I am bursting for the bounce of the ball and our round one game against the Crows.
You’ve got time to make a decision. Each week the poll is open will represent one qtr in the match. So far it’s 7 goals to 5 in the Tams favour midway through the first.

High scoring early but I expect them to tire.

So it’s qtr time here at Tulla and in a high scoring term Tim’s Tams have taken a one goal lead; 8 goals to 7.

The highlight of the qtr was Buhagiar being left in open space and snagging goals. Big Roger had a massive box-on with Hardwick and Tim’s Tams look a bit thirsty due to Dean Rioli’s reluctance to leave the sidelines and offer the boys hydration.

Alan Ezard has been called upon to fill Rioli’s rolls... sorry... role...

I have just realised when you mentioned Ezard that Jobe's jubes is the only team with a genuine ranga forward and as such am changing my selection accordingly. Jobe's Jubes FTW.
Duly noted. Will be interesting to see how this shapes the unfolding of the next 3 qtrs.

Back