On the Mat
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
http://dominance.com.au
Is on today! Get your tips in gents:

Main Card
Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Kos to prevail, but there is good money going in for Yoshida, and in my mind it is a very close fight. I think Kos will just get the W here though. Probably a decision. Could be a very close fight and it will be decided on who controls the ground I think. World class judo or All-American wrestling?

Welterweight bout: Jonathan Goulet vs. Mike Swick
Swick to avoid the TD and eek out a decision or TKO.

Middleweight bout: Tim Credeur vs. Nate Loughran
Loughran looked good vs Rees last time I saw him, and I expect him to continue his unbeaten run. Credeur is game, but I think he'll probably be beaten up on his way to losing a decision. Too loopy standing up, and not enough control on the ground. If he manages to get on top though, it could be interesting. Still Nate for the W.

Light Heavyweight bout: Steve Cantwell vs. Razak Al-Hassan
Cantwell here... Can you imagine the reception a guy called "Al-Hassan" will get on a card which promotes "fighting for the troops" !?. Cantwell gets over the line just on crowd buoyancy.

Lightweight bout: Matt Wiman vs. Jim Miller
Wiman has been looking good of late. "Handsome" to control and get the UD or TKO.

Preliminary Card
Catch-weight bout (173 pounds): Luigi Fioravanti vs. Brodie Farber
Welterweight bout: Steve Bruno vs. Johnny Rees
Lightweight bout: Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff
Lightweight bout: Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt
Heavyweight bout: Eddie Sanchez vs. Justin McCully

Everything went pretty much as I thought, besides the huge KO by Koscheck and Wiman getting dominated. I don't know what was going on with Yoshida, he didn't even attempt to clinch or go for a throw. Ben Saunders also, showed some promise.

I had my predictions in another thread along with the TUF finale predictions which Mag seems to have missed. Probably shouldn't note that though as I bombed out on over half of the fights here.

Pretty gruesome event in the end. Yoshida was still out when they came back from commercial after Kos had given his victory speech and left the cage. I think that may have topped Evans's KO of Chuck for the most brutal of the year. Al-Hassan was an idiot for not tapping and he's lucky his arm was only dislocated and not snapped in two like Corey Hill's leg was earlier in the prelims. The photo of Hill's leg is horrible and I've heard it looks even worse in video. Saunders's fight probably should have been stopped when Wolff started turning away from the onslaught of knees, and that's the last time I base my prediction on War Machine's opinions. I was really impressed by Miller, he tooled a tough guy in Wiman despite fighting on very short notice.

Yeah, that was a brutal card. Some freak stuff happening. The video of Hill is crazy.. The fight actually keeps going after Corey breaks his leg, the guy passes to side and starts raining down blows and he and the ref are unaware that corey has broken his leg. Rogan is watching from the sidelines and starts yelling "STOP THE FIGHT!!"... crazy!
This event because free will probably give a fair bit of ammo to the anti-violence brigade. I loved it though ;) Saunders looked great (he's a HUGE 170), as did the Kos HL reel KO)

Damn, C-Hill's leg break was nasty. He is one tough SOB, he just tried to continue fighting!

Overall was a pretty entertaining card. Nice win by Koscheck. Looks like he prolonged his ufc career for a few more fights. Rumours were he was going to get cut if he lost this fight.

Like to see Swick matched up with a better opponent in his next fight. I think this guy is a good fighter and be good to see him tested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back