Ultimate Football

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the pinnacle of footy, in my opinion.

Share yours.

You're no doubt aware of the excellent podcast The Greatest Season That Was: 1993. The basic premise of the podcast is that footy peaked that year and it's all been downhill ever since. I have more than a little sympathy for that hypothesis.

For mine, the last quarter of the * v Eagles game that year (the one after which Sheedy famously waved his jacket) is the best I've seen. It was a perfect example of the attacking, hard-edged style of the era.

You're no doubt aware of the excellent podcast The Greatest Season That Was: 1993. The basic premise of the podcast is that footy peaked that year and it's all been downhill ever since. I have more than a little sympathy for that hypothesis.

For mine, the last quarter of the * v Eagles game that year (the one after which Sheedy famously waved his jacket) is the best I've seen. It was a perfect example of the attacking, hard-edged style of the era.

I reckon that era went all the way up until Terry Wallet beat the * in 2000 (?) at Docklands with basketballesque defence strategies.

Since then its been mostly a cross between Mini Golf and Chess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back