Ultimate Footy 2013 - Wise Guy Sam is the Champion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Note after some shrewd free agent signings my ins and outs look like this for this week. Probably more risky ins, but greater chance of reward

J.Brennan, A.Didak, M.Rischitelli, D.Gorringe, K.Hartigan Ins
L.McGuane, H.Hartlett, J.Roughead, J.Walker, J.Hall Outs

With 7 played each its bloody close. Thomas amazing for you, I am regretting not putting Qstick as sub.

With 7 played each its bloody close. Thomas amazing for you, I am regretting not putting Qstick as sub.
Worst thing was I dropped Seedsman as he wasnt suppose to be playing and he goes and gets 30 possies.

It seems fitting that Crouch has a massive game against me in the finals after I delisted him during the season.

Worst thing was I dropped Seedsman as he wasnt suppose to be playing and he goes and gets 30 possies.

It seems fitting that Crouch has a massive game against me in the finals after I delisted him during the season.

Thought it was over when I saw Chappy was the sub, but he has been brought on for Vardy!

Going to lose because I had Davey as the sub instead of Q-stick...would have put me over the line on hitouts, equal on marks.

Feeling confident now with an 8-0 lead with a quarter to go.

Looks like Moo City are heading to GF!

/inb4epicchockwith20minutestogo

Going to lose because I had Davey as the sub instead of Q-stick...would have put me over the line on hitouts, equal on marks.
8-1. Wow I really didn't expect that. Having said that most of the categories were only won by slight margins, so it quite easily cold have gone the other way

8-1. Wow I really didn't expect that. Having said that most of the categories were only won by slight margins, so it quite easily cold have gone the other way

Qstick instead of Davey and I win score, percentage, marks and hitouts. Seriously. Shattered.

Pretty surprised I have gotten this far to be honest, but hey I will take it.

I messed up some draft picks, but boy oh boy did I nail some picks. Selwood @ 12 (probably the best pick of the draft), Boak @ 117 and Mackie @ 172 really stand out. However if the stats go the same way as the last round I am ****ed.

Pretty surprised I have gotten this far to be honest, but hey I will take it.

I messed up some draft picks, but boy oh boy did I nail some picks. Selwood @ 12 (probably the best pick of the draft), Boak @ 117 and Mackie @ 172 really stand out. However if the stats go the same way as the last round I am ******.
Boak at 117 is a super pick.

Last round always plays shenanigans on fantasy football.

I've got 2 UF GFs but I'm not confident, especially about this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have had the biggest fall from grace since..... Well James Hird yesterday I guess.

What a pathetic finish to a great H&A season for me.

Congrats to those in the GF.

The draft and playing catagorys makes you think outside the box.

Also you need to prioritise picking positions. I really prefer it.

Playing categories has added another level to the whole operation... it interfered with drafting in my points league - I was thinking in terms of categories in a way, which led to some strange drafting choices like ruckmen and tall forwards too early.

I've been playing the category based comp for a few years before The Age bought it & love this style. Only thing I didn't like compared to the other league I'm in was the lockouts, I think they detract from the game.

Have some good players on the bench can be a risk but can also prove a big reward. My other team also doesn't have captains so you can't win just based on having on elite player who has an epic game. Eg: Ablett with 42 possessions & 4 goals or Reiwoldt for me a couple of times.

Abolishing captains is definitely something we should look at for next year. I know some people called for it earlier this season and in hindsight, as you say it would prevent matchups being decided by one player. I guess that's a good thing... But we can discuss it.

I've been playing the category based comp for a few years before The Age bought it & love this style. Only thing I didn't like compared to the other league I'm in was the lockouts, I think they detract from the game.

Have some good players on the bench can be a risk but can also prove a big reward. My other team also doesn't have captains so you can't win just based on having on elite player who has an epic game. Eg: Ablett with 42 possessions & 4 goals or Reiwoldt for me a couple of times.

My other UF league has a rolling lockout. It's just a setting.

I also personally prefer captains. A smart captain choice can get you back into the game or help with the Lead. Or having your captain subbed off can make a grown man cry.

I was pretty happy with how my team went this season. Thought I drafted really well, having 7 players ranked in top 50, but only 9 in the top 100. Probably should have got more involved in trading as I only made the 1 trade for the year, in obtaining Jack Trengove for David Mackay, which I probably got the better end of the deal. But overall good learning experience, and something a bit different to your usual fantasy teams. Definately signing up next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back