Competitions Ultimate Footy 2016 Thread

How do we want the league to go forward?

• 10 players (find 2 more new), 1 onfield ruck, 4 I/C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reduce to 8 players, 2 onfield rucks, 4 I/C

• Reduce to 8 players, 1 onfield ruck, 4 I/C

• Reduce to 8 players, 1 onfield ruck, 5 I/C (1 of each + utility)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, I'd probably vote against it, but I'm happy to allow a lopsided trade if there's a clear reason for it.
I just want to reiterate, my issue is not at all with people and league democracy working and saying it is an uneven trade, saying "I want to veto." That is 100% up to the decision of every player and why we have the rules. My issue was with a league manager vetoing the trade before the league had a chance to talk through the issue and not realising the difference between a league manager veto and a vote. Coincidently on the same week we are playing each other (You can see why my reaction would be negative, but accepting it was a mistake). The decision to veto the trade in my opinion made the likely hood of the trade getting passed go from 50/50 to 10%.

Anyone in that situation would be annoyed after accepting a trade, finding it vetoed within a few hours, and no reason provided! Going against the league set rules for veto.

If anyone was presented this trade they'd likely accept it. I did. But I also understood the reasons Allefgib had, which I hope he will share here.

Last edited:
Look, I'd probably vote against it, but I'm happy to allow a lopsided trade if there's a clear reason for it.
His backline is shithouse. But he's trading the 6th highest averaging ruckman (who is only 22 years old), in a league where rucks are a premium for the 32nd averaging backman (who is 28).
13.3ppg extra, 6 years younger, in a position that's much more sort after.
Grundy's 3 round average=101. Birchall's 3 round average=72.3.
This trade is absolutely, ridiculously one sided.

Remember how much you had me over a barrel in our Naitanui trade? He's basically getting Naitanui for a mediocre backman.

Last edited:
I find it odd that when I traded Birchall he was worth his weight in gold but now he's just some dud backman. People value players differently in keeper leagues. It's not like supercoach or fantasy where you can bring in anyone you want if you have the money.

The question - is Birchall now a 75 back? Because that's barely startable.

I know if this doesn't go trough, Bigfella will get some offers for Grundy.

I know if this doesn't go trough, Bigfella will get some offers for Grundy.
If we've agreed to a trade, it's rejected and he on trades to someone else and it's passed I'm rightfully going to be disappointed. People should be respectful enough to allow Allefgib and myself to come up with a modification that satisfys the league, after my position was made difficult after azza accidentally vetoed the trade.

If we've agreed to a trade, it's rejected and he on trades to someone else and it's passed I'm rightfully going to be disappointed. People should be respectful enough to allow Allefgib and myself to come up with a modification that satisfys the league, after my position was made difficult after azza accidentally vetoed the trade.

Yeah, that seems reasonable.

Hi folks - what drama!

Look - I'm trying to get trade active. I've been too lazy/busy to fish for a better trade.

I'll do Stanley for Birchall to get it through?

Given its been vetoed and the discrepancy highlighted - I won't be going down that path again. Sorry Azza - had it got through there would have been no sour grapes from me. Bad mistake is on my head - but I don't think that's the others issues, its the unfair advantage you get over them is I think the point. I kinda get that.

Just for others awareness - the iniital trade he offered included 2 players. I wanted to drop it back to 1 as I wasn't ready to delist anyone yet.

Stay Calm and trade fairly.

Right now - until Goldy is back all my rucks are off the table anyway.

Hi folks - what drama!

Look - I'm trying to get trade active. I've been too lazy/busy to fish for a better trade.

I'll do Stanley for Birchall to get it through?

Given its been vetoed and the discrepancy highlighted - I won't be going down that path again. Sorry Azza - had it got through there would have been no sour grapes from me. Bad mistake is on my head - but I don't think that's the others issues, its the unfair advantage you get over them is I think the point. I kinda get that.

Just for others awareness - the iniital trade he offered included 2 players. I wanted to drop it back to 1 as I wasn't ready to delist anyone yet.

Stay Calm and trade fairly.

Right now - until Goldy is back all my rucks are off the table anyway.

Ugh no. You offered me that trade. A change of heart half way through the process is not part of the rules. Why would I agree to Birchall for Stanley.

You offered Grundy for Birchall. I accepted. The trade has not been vetoed by the league. It was vetoed by Azza incorrectly.

You can't say a day later, my main ruck is injured so lets not do the trade...

Last edited:
Well, I certainly vote to veto it then.

Bigfella's "I'm too lazy to ask for a better trade" is not a great argument for it. ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"had it got through there would have been no sour grapes from me." - Allefgib

I'm done. GL.

Yeah, I presumed that you and Bigfella were fine with it. But it IS a shockingly unequal trade.

And Vantz - I can understand that you thought you had a great trade here and you're upset at the rest of the league, but it's just a game. Your last few posts seem a bit petulant.

Yeah, I presumed that you and Bigfella were fine with it. But it IS a shockingly unequal trade.

And Vantz - I can understand that you thought you had a great trade here and you're upset at the rest of the league, but it's just a game. Your last few posts seem a bit petulant.

Disagree.

I understand the league vetoing the trade. I have no issue with that. There are 4 votes so that is fair. That has never been the issue here. It was a mind boggling decision from allefgib to offer that trade to me. I don't understand why he is apologising to Azza. For what? Vetoing a trade before the league had an opportunity to discuss it. His apology should be directed to me, for reneging on the trade a day later, and playing it off like it is no issue.

Asking for an apology is not petulant Kris. If this was you in the situation, you would be equally annoyed, at getting a trade vetoed before league consultation and then the offerer reneging on a trade a day later, because they are made to feel silly for the offer. The difference is i'm open to vocalising it.

You are correct Kris, this is a game. I've been the lone voice on trying to make it better (despite others PM me about issues, you know who you are) by getting active members (better but not great) and a proper structure (much better this year). You can start looking for a replacement for my position if this league continues next year. This is not a reactionary decision. I'm just done and I'm not naive enough to realise that it is not mutual on both sides.

Ugh no. You offered me that trade. A change of heart half way through the process is not part of the rules. Why would I agree to Birchall for Stanley.

You offered Grundy for Birchall. I accepted. The trade has not been vetoed by the league. It was vetoed by Azza incorrectly.

You can't say a day later, my main ruck is injured so lets not do the trade...
I have. Get over it.
Apologies it didn't work out for you.
Don't be a sour puss or no one will want to trade with you.

And i may have mixed up azza and vantz. I also apologise for that.

I've got zero time for sooks at present.

Play on.
Interesting the name calling - petulant, sook, "diddums" (that was my favourite Hendo :D)... the issue has never been about the trade not getting passed.

I'm not planning on doing anything more with the team before it is given to someone else next year. "Plenty Of Fish" in the sea to take over my team, comes season end.

Agree with allefgib, just get excited for the game today and playing on.

Back