Competitions Ultimate Footy 2016 Thread

How do we want the league to go forward?

• 10 players (find 2 more new), 1 onfield ruck, 4 I/C

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reduce to 8 players, 2 onfield rucks, 4 I/C

• Reduce to 8 players, 1 onfield ruck, 4 I/C

• Reduce to 8 players, 1 onfield ruck, 5 I/C (1 of each + utility)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we need to jump back onto this ASAP and work out what we are going to do, because from memory I think we had a few dropping out and were going to have to go on the hunt for some more players who were willing to engage in discussion and what not on this board.

Danoz didn't you say you had a few friends who were crows fans that would be keen, but they weren't on BF?

I think so far we have
1. Me (azza77)
2. Kristof
3. Houston
4. Geoffa
5. Danoz

knobby hendo8888 and Allefgib what are your thoughts heading into this season?

Kristof are you able to log in and restore the league at all? because I can't.

Have flicked Vantz a message but thought Id check anyways.

Neither of my Ultimate Footy accounts are linked to the league, anyone else having the same problem?

I guess the question is - will we get enough people together to continue with this league?

Neither of my Ultimate Footy accounts are linked to the league, anyone else having the same problem?

I have managed to restore my team perfectly fine?

You just log in with your old account and go to join custom league and at the top there should be the option to join back in...??

Okay guys so I have been discussing with Vantz a little....

For those that are actually left in here, what would be your thoughts about returning to just a normal draft style game where we draft complete new teams every year?

I think it is just going to be way too hard to maintain a keeper league with people coming and going all the time. We are struggling to find players as it is, let alone 8-10 players that will be sticking around for the long haul.

I know people may have spent hours and hours trying to trade their way to their ideal team and be excited for the future of their squad, but I just don't think it is feasible unfortunately:'(

I also really need a response from those that are left Allefgib knobby DangerSloane

Danoz do you definitely know what you are doing yet?

LiamPickering do you want to come back? You'd be a welcome addition:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm out this year sorry fellas.

Havent shown the required level of commitment the past two years due to various personal reasons.

I hate being that guy, and I hate that guy, so ill bow out.

Good luck to all.

Being active on this thread isn't the determining factor as to whether you play or not. Id be happy just to get 10 players on board this year. If you want to play the game then you are more than welcome!

Being active on this thread isn't the determining factor as to whether you play or not. Id be happy just to get 10 players on board this year. If you want to play the game then you are more than welcome!

I'd be setting a lineup each week no doubt, but if its keeper its probably all a bit hard.

Let me know if you need someone to fill a spot. If it means the difference between league going ahead or not, then i'll happily play.

I'd be setting a lineup each week no doubt, but if its keeper its probably all a bit hard.

Let me know if you need someone to fill a spot. If it means the difference between league going ahead or not, then i'll happily play.

Probably going to step away from the Keeper League notion as it is just too hard with people coming again.

Back to drafting board at the start of each year I reckon!

Happy to go new draft.

Keeper would be fun but it seems like it's a bit unrealistic.

Can we change to AFL Fantasy? I'd love to just have to look at one app, not two.

I'll be dissapointed to see the keeper league go, but whatever will be will be and I will be in.

So would I. I love the idea of list building and creating something big over the course of time, not just shooting for the stars at the start of each new season.

But unfortunately if this league is struggling to stay up as it is, then a keeper league is just an unrealistic option at this point in time. If we find a few new dedicated players over the next year or 2, then maybe happy to re-consider down the track.

Kristof I'm more than happy to try AFL Fantasy if you like over UF for one season. I will admit, not having an App is extremely frustrating and a really, REALLY poor effort on FairFax's behalf. I mean how hard is it..... even if you have to charge $1 for the app to cover costs. There are bloody 12 year olds programming iPhone Apps these days and these guys can't get their s**t together:rolleyes:

So far we have myself, Kris, Vantz, Houston, Knobby, Geoff and Hendo That's 7 players. Think we would need to get to 8 minimum.

Danoz and DangerSloane still maybes?

Do you guys want to put some feelers out and see if we can attract any newcomers?

Last edited:
So far we have myself, Kris, Vantz, Houston, Knobby, Geoff and Hendo That's 7 players. Think we would need to get to 8 minimum.

Danoz and DangerSloane still maybes?

Do you guys want to put some feelers out and see if we can attract any newcomers?

I'll be in.
If numbers are tough I'll definitely give it a crack.

I hope to not be so busy with overseas trips and the like this season.

The next fun part is organising the draft....

Do we want to do a slow online draft, or a sit down over a night, maybe 2?

Back