Competitions Ultimate Footy 2017 - Please Beat WGS Edition - DRAFT COMPLETE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a 150 Lashes or a Furphy any day.

If you like 150 lashes you might also enjoy washing the dishes and drinking out of the sink.

The definition of hipster is:

To find something that is s**t and no one likes and then try to pretend you like it in order for it to be cool.
ie. Melbourne Football Club & manicured beards

That's pretty much us up until the past 18 months, or potentially even through to now.

I drank VB for the first time in years at Nrw Years.

It tastes like chemicals.

Give me a 150 Lashes or a Furphy any day.

Furphy is a decent beer. Give me Boags any day!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! Gold.
Doss Blockos and Little Creatures Pale Ale for me
Little Creatures of all varieties tastes like dirt and I don't understand how anyone drinks it.

Little Creatures of all varieties tastes like dirt and I don't understand how anyone drinks it.
Thank You!! I've been feeling like I was the only one. I went to the Brewery in Freo when i was there a few years ago, took me half an hour to choke down a pint and then suggest we head somewhere else, just don't understand the support of it.

Thank You!! I've been feeling like I was the only one. I went to the Brewery in Freo when i was there a few years ago, took me half an hour to choke down a pint and then suggest we head somewhere else, just don't understand the support of it.
Had almost exactly the same experience when they still had the beer house on Brunswick St, could not stand it when my mates decided to go there for a couple of brews. Genuinely in my top 3 worst beers.

Had almost exactly the same experience when they still had the beer house on Brunswick St, could not stand it when my mates decided to go there for a couple of brews. Genuinely in my top 3 worst beers.
It was pretty funny, the people i was with were all keen to go, and were also talking up the amazing food there. It was all pretentious "foody" crap (I'm decidedly culinarily unadventurous, I'm 50/50 on rosemary on my chips) I wasn't the only one who clearly wasn't a fan of the beer, and no one worried about getting any food.

It was pretty funny, the people i was with were all keen to go, and were also talking up the amazing food there. It was all pretentious "foody" crap (I'm decidedly culinarily unadventurous, I'm 50/50 on rosemary on my chips) I wasn't the only one who clearly wasn't a fan of the beer, and no one worried about getting any food.
Yeah the food at the Brunswick hipster brewery which I'm pretty sure has since closed, is no good but the beer is bang on.
Simple taste you blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Each to their own mate.
I like spiced rum. Stolen is a good drop
Received a bottle of Jolly Roger for Christmas, can't wait to crack it

Like the look of that although I'd rather buy 2.5 slabs of Little Creatures ;)
At least you can get a slab of Furphys for $45

Yeah that's true.
You know it's brewed by the same blokes don't you...
Same company but different brewery.

There's a lot to be said for the actual brewery. Example, Stella Artois - if you can score the Belgian brewed-and-bottled it's magnificent but if you get the stuff brewed and bottled by CUB in Melbourne it's foul.

There's a lot to be said for the actual brewery. Example, Stella Artois - if you can score the Belgian brewed-and-bottled it's magnificent but if you get the stuff brewed and bottled by CUB in Melbourne it's foul.
Yeah that's so true.

There's a couple of authentic Italian joints in Mornington that serve the proper imported Peroni's and they are spot on!

It's an interesting one that. Apparently the recipe is the same, the only difference is the water which i guess makes sense since water is the main ingredient. Though whether CUB is actually following the identical recipe is one that you'd need to be working for CUB to have any clue about i guess...Few other foreign beers that are in a similar spot if i remember correctly, Peroni, Heineken etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back