Competitions Ultimate Footy 2017 - Please Beat WGS Edition - DRAFT COMPLETE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering when it was starting ... i guess I should probably set up a line up at some stage ...

Don't think you can set your preferences until the draft has actually started, unless they've changed that...

Anyone got some good directions on how to get to Moggs Creek? I have to deliver someone some good news tonight ...

Drive South West from Melbourne until everything begins to smell like cats urine and then youre almost there

With the draft approaching, anyone care to give me a real brief summary/tactics on this?
Have a few questions if anyone has the time to chime in.
Have played SC for years and always done reasonably well but this sounds very different.

Are DPP players as valuable?
I've read that there are 3 hours between picks before a pre selection takes place, is this correct?
Does the draft continue overnight?
I assume there is no app for it but do you get an email alerting you it's your turn in the draft?
Any other useful tips would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
With the draft approaching, anyone care to give me a real brief summary/tactics on this?
Have played SC for years and always done reasonably well but this sounds very different.

I've read that there are 3 hours between picks before a pre selection takes place, is this correct?
I assume there is no app for it but do you get an email alerting you it's your turn in the draft?
You should draft Heretier in the first.

DPPs are pretty valuable, especially mids who are classed as backs/forwards (e.g. I think Sam Mitchell and Jimmy Bartel were last year or the year before. Having someone like that sitting outside of your mids is very valuable as high quality mids/fwds across a lot of categories are few and far between).
Strategy is important as certain positions don't have a lot of quality depth (e.g. Rucks, backs) so you could try and shore those up early, or think stuff it and focus on getting guns elsewhere to compensate (e.g. rucks are typically only good for hitouts, with the exception of Gawn and Goldstein so getting one early isn't that much of a priority usually. That said, don't go without entirely). Also since it's category based disposals aren't everything (but are generally important). Gotta cover marks, score, accuracy etc. too to be competitive consistently.
I think it is 3hrs between picks, unless you pick yourself. Generally in the later rounds we shorten it to 1hr as people are just stabbing in the dark then anyway.
Continues overnight, but I think after 10pm or midnight it goes to a 12hr time between picks.
Do get email alerts too.
Also as I've come 9th 3 years running I don't have much valuable advice really about drafting. Just back yourself and have fun and make sure you cover all your field positions.

Guys, I'm not going to be on tonight, but if you get the chance can you please PM me a mobile number so I can text you when it's your pick? I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next couple of days.

DPPs are pretty valuable, especially mids who are classed as backs/forwards (e.g. I think Sam Mitchell and Jimmy Bartel were last year or the year before. Having someone like that sitting outside of your mids is very valuable as high quality mids/fwds across a lot of categories are few and far between).
Strategy is important as certain positions don't have a lot of quality depth (e.g. Rucks, backs) so you could try and shore those up early, or think stuff it and focus on getting guns elsewhere to compensate (e.g. rucks are typically only good for hitouts, with the exception of Gawn and Goldstein so getting one early isn't that much of a priority usually. That said, don't go without entirely). Also since it's category based disposals aren't everything (but are generally important). Gotta cover marks, score, accuracy etc. too to be competitive consistently.
I think it is 3hrs between picks, unless you pick yourself. Generally in the later rounds we shorten it to 1hr as people are just stabbing in the dark then anyway.
Continues overnight, but I think after 10pm or midnight it goes to a 12hr time between picks.
Do get email alerts too.
Also as I've come 9th 3 years running I don't have much valuable advice really about drafting. Just back yourself and have fun and make sure you cover all your field positions.
You are a legend!
Thanks heaps mate, really appreciate it.

Someone correct me if the rules have been changed since I played the season before last, but...

There are 9 categories (kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, hit outs, frees for, frees against, total score and % accuracy (goals / (goals + behinds))) - you need to win 5 or more of them to win the match against your opponent. FF, FA and % can be a bit of a lottery at times (unless you draft all the ducking class McLean, Matheson, J.Selwood, etc), so you're typically targeting a number of the other 6 categories and hoping to jag a few of the others. Have a bit of a think about this before you draft as you might decide to go all out on possessions + marks, or hit outs + marks + score, etc.

Set a VC but not a C before your matches. If the VC has a bad game or you need to boost another stat, appoint someone else captain.

Similarly, you can put guys who play early games on the benches and then bring them in if they do well. You can still move players around the playing squad even after the Friday deadline, but as soon as a match starts, the players there will be locked in place. Your DP players will be extra-valuable due to their flexibility between lines if you need to target another category during a match.

If you've got a player who (for example) is a defender, and he's spent most of the season in the midfield or forward line, hold on to him because he might become a DP player after the season begins (updated every 3 weeks, I think).

The draft runs from I think 9 am to 10 pm or something. You won't have to get up in the middle of the night to avoid losing a pick. If you miss a few picks in a row though, you'll get stung and only have a minute to choose your next pick (unless it's during that offline period).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone correct me if the rules have been changed since I played the season before last, but...

There are 9 categories (kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, hit outs, frees for, frees against, total score and % accuracy (goals / (goals + behinds))) - you need to win 5 or more of them to win the match against your opponent. FF, FA and % can be a bit of a lottery at times (unless you draft all the ducking class McLean, Matheson, J.Selwood, etc), so you're typically targeting a number of the other 6 categories and hoping to jag a few of the others. Have a bit of a think about this before you draft as you might decide to go all out on possessions + marks, or hit outs + marks + score, etc.

Set a VC but not a C before your matches. If the VC has a bad game or you need to boost another stat, appoint someone else captain.

Similarly, you can put guys who play early games on the benches and then bring them in if they do well. You can still move players around the playing squad even after the Friday deadline, but as soon as a match starts, the players there will be locked in place. Your DP players will be extra-valuable due to their flexibility between lines if you need to target another category during a match.

If you've got a player who (for example) is a defender, and he's spent most of the season in the midfield or forward line, hold on to him because he might become a DP player after the season begins (updated every 3 weeks, I think).

The draft runs from I think 9 am to 10 pm or something. You won't have to get up in the middle of the night to avoid losing a pick. If you miss a few picks in a row though, you'll get stung and only have a minute to choose your next pick (unless it's during that offline period).
That's huge mate, thanks heaps!
Far more different to Supercoach than I realised

I must be reading it wrong because it looks like it's 16 hours, 22 minutes...
The clock stops at 9 or 10 pm or whatever Striker has it set to i assume one of those. So normally it would be 4 hour clock but because we don't want people timing out in their sleep the clock pauses overnight.

The clock stops at 9 or 10 pm or whatever Striker has it set to i assume one of those. So normally it would be 4 hour clock but because we don't want people timing out in their sleep the clock pauses overnight.

That makes sense, i need my sleep, i get grumpy and turn into evil Marc if I don't get my sleepy time. Kind of like a Mogwai but with sleep issues, not food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back