Ultimate Footy Keeper

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry folks, just did the delistings. Dont think any of them were big losses either haha

I didn't have to do any delistings.

Retirements covered it with my club out Norfing, Norf. Boomer and Pav to name a couple.

We might not have enough time to do an actual draft with live selections, so we may have to run an auto-draft.

So basically what that is, is you rank all the players in the order you want, and all 16 people do that, then the computer instantly does the draft by automatically drafting the highest ranked player on your list.

The advantage of that, also, is that you can trade right up until the draft (so say we do the draft Tuesday overnight before the Thursday game giving you Wednesday/Thursday to select your team), making it longer than a "trade week" and more like a 3-4 week period where you can discuss trades.

Also to make it easier, I think I might keep track of draft picks on a google spreadsheet that anybody can edit, basically, (hopefully) nobody cheats, but you just edit the document yourself when you execute a trade

Everyone think that's a good idea?

We might not have enough time to do an actual draft with live selections, so we may have to run an auto-draft.

So basically what that is, is you rank all the players in the order you want, and all 16 people do that, then the computer instantly does the draft by automatically drafting the highest ranked player on your list.

The advantage of that, also, is that you can trade right up until the draft (so say we do the draft Tuesday overnight before the Thursday game giving you Wednesday/Thursday to select your team), making it longer than a "trade week" and more like a 3-4 week period where you can discuss trades.

Also to make it easier, I think I might keep track of draft picks on a google spreadsheet that anybody can edit, basically, (hopefully) nobody cheats, but you just edit the document yourself when you execute a trade

Just looking back to last year we started the draft around 17/3 and finished by 20/3 so I'm cool if we leave it like last year as it seemed to go ok.

That and I can't be stuffed ranking 100-200 players I know SFA about. :)

Just looking back to last year we started the draft around 17/3 and finished by 20/3 so I'm cool if we leave it like last year as it seemed to go ok.

That and I can't be stuffed ranking 100-200 players I know SFA about. :)
That's fair enough, but if there's 16 teams with an average of 4-5 players drafted per team, that's only about 80-90 players that you have to rank!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't like this because it gives you no opportunity to balance your list. I could come out of the draft with five mids for example because they just happened to be the highest rated at the time.

I'd give it until the end of the week for trades then start the draft as normal. If it gets within 2-3 days of the actual season, have everybody fill in their rankings and we can drop the time limit down to a minute or something.

Just think it's worth trying to get a proper draft going rather than conceding it won't happen.

I really don't like this because it gives you no opportunity to balance your list. I could come out of the draft with five mids for example because they just happened to be the highest rated at the time.

I'd give it until the end of the week for trades then start the draft as normal. If it gets within 2-3 days of the actual season, have everybody fill in their rankings and we can drop the time limit down to a minute or something.

Just think it's worth trying to get a proper draft going rather than conceding it won't happen.
Agree with this. The actual draft is the best part of the game in my opinion,and I normaly toss up between several players each pick despite my rankings.

I'll look at any and all offers, but a few names that could be available: Hartlett, MacMillan, J. McGovern, Rampe, Prestia, Thompson (Norf), Vickery, Lobbe, Tucker, Lovell.

Things I'm looking for in particular include backs, goal kickers, rucks and maybe another pick in between my first and second.

Big weekend m8?;)

Ok so when trading is open threenewpadlocks can you put this through?

BOG gives/Sharkey's Mutts gets: 4th rd pick
BOG gets/Sharkey's Mutts gives: Harley Bennell

Sharkey66
I'll put up a google spreadsheet that anyone can edit so you guys can organise it yourselves when you do a trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back