Competitions Ultimate Footy VI - This time, it's dangerous - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My strategy has always been to ignore rucks and load up on mids.

Rucks are kind of useless in category scoring; would be different if this were fantasy based though.

My strategy has always been to ignore rucks and load up on mids.

Rucks are kind of useless in category scoring; would be different if this were fantasy based though.
Have to disagree, it's 1 category out of 9 and 1/22 positions so rucks certainly aren't useless. In fact due to there only being 1 you could argue your ruck is your most important player, though a good goalkicking mid who you can captain is more important. I've overvalued rucks in the 1st few years of this. You could argue I still do since I just took Witts at 29. :p

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we normally only have 18 on the field and 28 in total? What was the structure we use to go in with was it 5751? Guess it was 18, it looks kind of weird with the new setup.

Used to be 5-7-1-5, yeah. I adjusted it to 28 total due to the shift to utilities which added one extra reserve.

It's literally the same number of players onfield with a touch more flexibility so teams are less likely to be crippled by a positional injury crisis.

Used to be 5-7-1-5, yeah. I adjusted it to 28 total due to the shift to utilities which added one extra reserve.

It's literally the same number of players onfield with a touch more flexibility so teams are less likely to be crippled by a positional injury crisis.
Oh don't get me wrong I like the utilities add. I think I'm just use to dynasty with 22 on the field so the smaller set up feels a bit weird.

Oh don't get me wrong I like the utilities add. I think I'm just use to dynasty with 22 on the field so the smaller set up feels a bit weird.
Fair. Yeah, you wouldn't want 22 in a 16-man league - there's just way too many variables.

Sorry lads & ladies, had an early start this morning so I had to get to bed early last night, picking now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back