Competitions Ultimate Footy VI - This time, it's dangerous - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

UF2017: deeman87
UF2016: Wise Guy Sam
UF2015: Captain Jack
UF2014: PureFooty
UF2013: Wise Guy Sam

Ultimate Footy is a draft-based AFL Fantasy competition. Rather than fantasy points, this comp is based around category scoring - comparing your kicks versus the opposition and so forth. There are nine categories: kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, score kicked, goalkicking accuracy (%of scores that were goals), hitouts, frees for and frees against.

As always, last year's players get first chance.

2017 Re-entry/tag-in

Striker475 - Commish - IN
Wise Guy Sam - IN
Crimson Azure - IN
Dory_77 - OUT
00Stinger - IN
deeman87 - reigning champion - IN
Captain Jack - IN
Marlowe - IN
schmuttt - OUT
harry000 - OUT
mrpez - IN
TheDarkDwarf - IN
Marc_Remillard - IN
Sando22 - IN
TheCount - IN
Pee Tear Griffin - OUT

Rookies 2018

demondavey - IN
El Gringo - IN
GrInPoWdErDiAh - IN
Decimation - IN

Changes from 2017

Due to the severe shortage everyone suffered with mids and the problems it caused, the team lineup will be slightly different for 2018.

As such, the team lineup for 2018 will be:

5 defenders (same)
5 midfielders (-2)
1 ruck (same)
5 forwards (same)
2 utilities (+2)

Utilities can be from any position. Provides a nice tactical wrinkle as well as resolving the positional shortage of 2017.

Want to play?

Feel free to post below if you are keen but don't have a spot - I'll run a waitlist.

Draft start time TBA.

Last edited:

May I make a small suggestion.

Remembering 15 other profile names is hard enough. Associating those names with your actual names and then cross checking them against a witty name means I usually have no idea who anyone is playing.

And while witty names is fun I suggest we all embrace naming our team after our bigfooty profile name.

Simply so I know exactly who it is that I’m thumping.

Thanks.

May I make a small suggestion.

Remembering 15 other profile names is hard enough. Associating those names with your actual names and then cross checking them against a witty name means I usually have no idea who anyone is playing.

And while witty names is fun I suggest we all embrace naming our team after our bigfooty profile name.

Simply so I know exactly who it is that I’m thumping.

Thanks.
I 2nd this.

And I'm in too.
Midfield city again!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain how this works?
Draft your team.

Teams play each other similar to a real AFL season. At the end their is finals ext

Games are decided by who wins the most categories in that match up

Categories are goals, kicks, marks, handballs, free kicks for & against, tackles & goal accuracy and one more that I am forgetting.

Each category is worth one point. Who ever has the highest points wins the match up

Thats it in a nutshell

Draft your team.

Teams play each other similar to a real AFL season. At the end their is finals ext

Games are decided by who wins the most categories in that match up

Categories are goals, kicks, marks, handballs, free kicks for & against, tackles & goal accuracy and one more that I am forgetting.

Each category is worth one point. Who ever has the highest points wins the match up

Thats it in a nutshell
So I pick a full AFL team from players across 18 teams?

Ok so explain the rules in detail please so I understand, or direct me to where they are.

Okay.

The Draft

Each player drafts their individual team. There is only one of each player in the league (unlike classic Supercoach for example).

You draft 28 players total. 18 on-field - 5 backs, 5 mids, 5 forwards, 1 ruck and 2 utility. 5 emergency, 1 for each area. And 5 non-playing extras.

Once we have a list of 16 confirmed, I'll sort out a draft order and then post it on here. The draft is a 'snake' draft which is designed to be less penalising for the player drafting last. What happens is each round the draft order is reversed. So, for example, whoever has pick 1 will not pick again until pick 32 - the last pick of the second round. They will then also have pick 33 as the first pick of the third round.

Scoring

There are 9 categories which your team is judged on: kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, hitouts, total score (goals and behinds), goal accuracy (what percentage of your scoring shots were goals), free kicks for and free kicks against.

What happens is your total in each category goes up against another team's total in each category.

EG

Striker's team has 150 kicks
WGS's team has 160 kicks

Thus WGS's team gets 1 point for winning kicks as a category

Whichever team wins the most categories against the other wins the round.

Okay.

The Draft

Each player drafts their individual team. There is only one of each player in the league (unlike classic Supercoach for example).

You draft 28 players total. 18 on-field - 5 backs, 5 mids, 5 forwards, 1 ruck and 2 utility. 5 emergency, 1 for each area. And 5 non-playing extras.

Once we have a list of 16 confirmed, I'll sort out a draft order and then post it on here. The draft is a 'snake' draft which is designed to be less penalising for the player drafting last. What happens is each round the draft order is reversed. So, for example, whoever has pick 1 will not pick again until pick 32 - the last pick of the second round. They will then also have pick 33 as the first pick of the third round.

Scoring

There are 9 categories which your team is judged on: kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, hitouts, total score (goals and behinds), goal accuracy (what percentage of your scoring shots were goals), free kicks for and free kicks against.

What happens is your total in each category goes up against another team's total in each category.

EG

Striker's team has 150 kicks
WGS's team has 160 kicks

Thus WGS's team gets 1 point for winning kicks as a category

Whichever team wins the most categories against the other wins the round.
Ok. Pick 28 players based on those rules. Done. Thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back