Ultimate Footy VIII - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that we are 6-7 rounds into the draft, I should probably inquire how this league’s scoring system works 🤦🏻‍♂️
Categories: score, accuracy, kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, hitouts, frees for, frees against. Aim is to get higher than your opponent in all categories other than frees against. Some players rack up particular categories well, but not others (e.g. key forwards might get higher marks, kicks, score, but few handballs, tackles and inconsistent accuracy).
I've never done better than 9th though, so don't look to me for advice

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Categories: score, accuracy, kicks, handballs, marks, tackles, hitouts, frees for, frees against. Aim is to get higher than your opponent in all categories other than frees against. Some players rack up particular categories well, but not others (e.g. key forwards might get higher marks, kicks, score, but few handballs, tackles and inconsistent accuracy).
I've never done better than 9th though, so don't look to me for advice

Thanks mate.

So now that we all understand the scoring system, I guess we should finish up this practice draft and start the real one.

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
Haha very good. Turns out it’s going to be easier than expected for me to follow through on my promise to field a bad team.
Your team is looking strong, lots of good centres. Remember you can only play 5 centres and 2 utilities, you need to fill out your team with backs, forwards and a ruck.

Your team is looking strong, lots of good centres. Remember you can only play 5 centres and 2 utilities, you need to fill out your team with backs, forwards and a ruck.
Geezzz DTFM, don't tell him that, how embarrassing would it be if he got up and won it at his first attempt?? :rolleyes: :cool::D

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

I liked the team i was drafting until about 12 hours ago. Now I’m pretty lost trying to decipher statistical minutiae. Is .43 frees for per game good? How about 3.2 tackles? These and other such footy mysteries will probably only truly be solved for me when I get pummeled this season. They do say that pain is the best teacher, so I assume I’ll understand pretty well by the time we draft next year.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Is it possible to access last season’s league website? Might be instructive if I could take a look at teams, game results, etc.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is it possible to access last season’s league website? Might be instructive if I could take a look at teams, game results, etc.

Unfortunately no, they've moved across to a new site.

With regards to the stats it's all relative, 3.2 tackles for a defender is not too bad and for the frees you generally want them to have more free for than against.

Remember, you don't have to win every category, just the majority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the makings of a reasonable team, don't know if I can take the next step this year.

B: Rampe- Newman - Johanissen - Stewart - Mayne
C: Boak - Neale - B Crouch - Heppell - Hanneberry
F: Petracca -Taberner- Lynch - Papley - Lloyd
R: Marshall
Util: Wright - Rowell
Emer: Harbrow - Melksham - Larkey - Duursma - Tomlinson
Bench: Budarick - Ratugolea - Corr - Duggan - Florent - LUCKY LAST??

Last edited:

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
While you lads were sleeping (damn lazy Aussies!!!), I went to last years thread to see if I could find a link to the 2019 league. Never did find one, but I was treated to that epic melt by the guy upset about the long draft.

THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME YOU AMATEURS!!!!

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Feels like we're getting through the draft at a decent pace. A couple of rounds a day during the week is good from what I can remember of past editions.
Agree with TDD that the final few rounds will be important in finding the roughies who turn solid.

Yea we’re moving along faster than I expected.

For the record I was impersonating the guy who melted down about it last year in my post above

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Feels like we're getting through the draft at a decent pace. A couple of rounds a day during the week is good from what I can remember of past editions.
Agree with TDD that the final few rounds will be important in finding the roughies who turn solid.

We have two less teams that last year but 1 extra spot on the list so we won't be taking quite as many in total.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
While you lads were sleeping (damn lazy Aussies!!!), I went to last years thread to see if I could find a link to the 2019 league. Never did find one, but I was treated to that epic melt by the guy upset about the long draft.

THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME YOU AMATEURS!!!!
Forgot about that ******* idiot

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I liked the team i was drafting until about 12 hours ago. Now I’m pretty lost trying to decipher statistical minutiae. Is .43 frees for per game good? How about 3.2 tackles? These and other such footy mysteries will probably only truly be solved for me when I get pummeled this season. They do say that pain is the best teacher, so I assume I’ll understand pretty well by the time we draft next year.
Man i dont check any of that s**t so youll have me beat.

Back- Lloyd, Rich, Suckling, ------, ------
Centre- Parker, Duncan, Higgins, Shiel, Sheed
Ruck- Goldstein
Forw- Walters, R Gray, T Lynch, ------, ------
Util-

Last edited:
Back