Ultimate Footy VIII - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I agree and have considered options to do it. We need an odd number of scoring options so if we replace the for and against frees with just frees differential we could do it.

I'm all for it, does anyone object?
So only having 7?

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok so for some rules changes from last season...

I've set it so you can make changes up to when a player's game starts but I've changed the emergencies rule so they only cover non-players. What this means is that I've closed that sneaky loophole where you could leave a position without a player, then include someone as an emergency who played in the first couple of games and then if they have a s**t game you could then add someone else into the spot. i'm sure there's still a way around it but it will be just a little more tricky.

There's now no cut off on trading, so trading can be done even during finals. The reasoning behind this is encouraging more trades, potentially a finalist trading away a great keeper for multiple players to a non-finalist who starts looking to the next season. It's still has to be voted on so no ridiculous trades.

Restricted Free agent period of 1 day, been reduced from 2 days and reduced the time on ground threshold to 10%. To the new players this means if one of your players gets injured at the start of the game then the bench player will come in to replace him.

and * goal kicking accuracy, i would love to get rid of it but everyone else has to agree. It's kind of not fair to do it after the draft if someone is against it, if you do want to keep it but don't want to post in this thread send me a pm

Yes, my only reluctance is that we've just had the draft and everyone was picking players based on the rules that we've always played on
Marc, this is a bit of an issue doing it so late, but if there was one thing i wasn't thinking about whilst picking my team it was goal scoring accuracy. So I would be happy to change it but will go with the flow.

Ok so for some rules changes from last season...

I've set it so you can make changes up to when a player's game starts but I've changed the emergencies rule so they only cover non-players. What this means is that I've closed that sneaky loophole where you could leave a position without a player, then include someone as an emergency who played in the first couple of games and then if they have a s**t game you could then add someone else into the spot. i'm sure there's still a way around it but it will be just a little more tricky.

There's now no cut off on trading, so trading can be done even during finals. The reasoning behind this is encouraging more trades, potentially a finalist trading away a great keeper for multiple players to a non-finalist who starts looking to the next season. It's still has to be voted on so no ridiculous trades.

Restricted Free agent period of 1 day, been reduced from 2 days and reduced the time on ground threshold to 10%. To the new players this means if one of your players gets injured at the start of the game then the bench player will come in to replace him.

and fu** goal kicking accuracy, i would love to get rid of it but everyone else has to agree. It's kind of not fair to do it after the draft if someone is against it, if you do want to keep it but don't want to post in this thread send me a pm
so with the trading does this mean certain players will be retained on lists next season?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Yes, my only reluctance is that we've just had the draft and everyone was picking players based on the rules that we've always played on

I was only thinking of kicks and handballs. Feel free to ditch goal %.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Marc, this is a bit of an issue doing it so late, but if there was one thing i wasn't thinking about whilst picking my team it was goal scoring accuracy. So I would be happy to change it but will go with the flow.

Yeah, agree on all accounts, perhaps it's something we can agree to do next season

Yes, this is now a keeper league, you get to keep 2 players on your list for next season.
i like that rule.

Dont know if i like trading during finals though. I think we had that a few years ago and a couple of people went stupid

Can we have the draft order next year as last gets no 1 pick and so on?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
I agree and have considered options to do it. We need an odd number of scoring options so if we replace the for and against frees with just frees differential we could do it.

I'm all for it, does anyone object?
Disagree with this strongly. I ******* drafted with it in mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeesFanTheMan

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs, NUFC
No campaigners, don't take out categories AFTER we have drafted, this is s**t you discuss before a draft. Leave it as is.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well yeah i made sure not to pick players who tend to shank it at goal as that cost me a point most weeks last year. Its the only reason i picked up JK knowing hed do s**t at every other stat besides kicking straight

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Yep, that went really well.

Sometime over the weekend I'll post the rules for the season, I've changed them a bit but once again, if anyone feels strongly about anything speak up, this belongs to all of us not just the campaigner organising it

Brilliant idea doing away with hitouts as a category mate. Very wise. 👏🏻👏🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Back