Resource Ultimate West Coast Eagles Archive

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
If anyone can tell me how to share it I am happy to share the vid I am just finishing, of the channel 7 GF coverage starting with Up There Cazaly and finishing with Seven News (but with selected bits removed that I felt were not worth keeping, like Barich waffling on, and live crosses to things that didn't involve any players).
It's in 1080p MP4 format, but is also huge file size (14GB due to being 7.5mbps bit rate and 4h20m long. I'm currently also making a 5mbps version that will be about 10GB in size)
Happy to also make a separate video of the earlier stuff from the morning through to the Black Eyes Peas & Barnsey if people are interested.

(Please PM me rather than post here)

Anyone got a version of the grand final broadcast in HD including the teams running onto the ground? Unfortunately missed it due to broadcast issues overseas. :(

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
How do we watch match replays now that the AFL have re-done their site? I used to be able to use Live pass but they seem to have disabled that for laptops (mobiles and tablets only).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zargo

Draftee
Feb 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for some WC game viewing from the years 2010 - 2015. Close, "exciting" games, not necessarily victories for us. I like to start watching "blind" without knowing the result or anything else. I've only been able to watch every game in the last few season, so plenty of games I don't know much about. I'd suggest games prior to 2010 but of course they sadly can't be accessed easily anymore. I just purchased the "classics" DVD collection which was good fun (and therefore don't need to see the 2011 semi final again).

Looking forward to hopefully getting a few suggestions, and please, no spoilers!

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for some WC game viewing from the years 2010 - 2015. Close, "exciting" games, not necessarily victories for us. I like to start watching "blind" without knowing the result or anything else. I've only been able to watch every game in the last few season, so plenty of games I don't know much about. I'd suggest games prior to 2010 but of course they sadly can't be accessed easily anymore. I just purchased the "classics" DVD collection which was good fun (and therefore don't need to see the 2011 semi final again).

Looking forward to hopefully getting a few suggestions, and please, no spoilers!

From 2010, watch the game against Essendon from late in the season.

Watch all of 2011. Was a great year.

2012 against Richmond is a great game. As is versus Geelong.

From 2013, check out our games against North, Saints and Crows.

Most of 2015 is a good watch. Except the very last game, that was s**t.

Welcome to the board mate.

Some very tense and down to the wire games from a variety of seasons here. Definitely not all wins either, a good mix to keep you on your toes. Not all of them are classics as such (although some definitely are), but plenty of tension in them.

Round 16 and 18, 2011.
Round 5, 10, 13, 15, 20 from 2012.
Round 8 and 15, 2013.
Round 10, 2014.
Round 6 and 18, 2015.
Round 18 and 21, 2016.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Also looks like they're no longer free. You need an AFL Live Pass login for games. Except for the Eagles games you've archived for us here, mate.
Hrm interesting. You'd think that with COVID-19 the AFL would want to make as much of its archive publicly available.

Still I am running into a dilemma with 2019 links. I can get a streaming link to the game, but it will only work in VLC (and unlikely mobile). An explanation below for anyone that has suggestions.....

The way that the AFL site delivers games is via a streaming URL that automatically collects and plays from a direct URL. If you examine your network console in a browser when playing an AFL video you will always see the streaming URL.
For example, the Round 1 game of 2019 has the following

Streaming URL - https://bpmultihlsvods257.ngcdn.tel...3_10-09-01-4623/output_2400kbps_720p.mp4.m3u8
Streaming URLs are always m3u8 files. This link will play fine in VLC and weirdly enough Microsoft Edge but other browsers (and mobile I assume) can't play it easily.

Thankfully converting these to the direct files was always pretty easy. Just remove the "hls-" and the .m3u8 extension at the end.
Direct URL - https://bpmultihlsvods257.ngcdn.tel...-03-23_10-09-01-4623/output_2400kbps_720p.mp4
The raw file that can be viewed on any device and easily downloaded.

Around mid-year (Round 15 to be exact) the AFL changed the format of the streaming URL therefore making it very difficult to figure out what the pattern is for the direct URL.
Streaming URL - https://bpmultihlsvods3258.ngcdn.telstra.com/hls_afl_h264_ts/996005/v4-121-221.m3u8
There isn't a way that I know of to identify the direct URL that a streaming URL is referencing (the reason why HLS streams are used).

So I can continue the archive and add in 2019 if enough are interested, but you'd have to copy the links into VLC and I doubt it would work on mobile.
EDIT: It will work fine on mobile, just not downloadable which I think is what the AFL want to stop people from doing.

The other issue is they copyright strike the hell out of any halfway recent games. I managed to upload the Eric Mackenzie game from 2013 with a copyright claim but no takedown, but the 2017 EF proved a stretch to far and was immediately claimed and deleted.

If they tighten the screws on that, it’ll kill a lot of replays on YouTube.

Jun 5, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
The way that the AFL site delivers games is via a streaming URL that automatically collects and plays from a direct URL. If you examine your network console in a browser when playing an AFL video you will always see the streaming URL.
For example, the Round 1 game of 2019 has the following

Streaming URL - https://bpmultihlsvods257.ngcdn.tel...3_10-09-01-4623/output_2400kbps_720p.mp4.m3u8
Streaming URLs are always m3u8 files. This link will play fine in VLC and weirdly enough Microsoft Edge but other browsers (and mobile I assume) can't play it easily.

Hey mate, reckon you could post some instruction on how you actually get that link? I have no idea how. :p I'd love to be able to grab some non-Eagles games tis all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back