Umpire Integrity and Game Outcomes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well your a Magpie , I have been saying for years now that the rule fiddling and warping into perception by an individual, would one day create by a free or a missed free, and lose a team a flag.
Well it happened already mate, with your club . Last minute or less, in 2018 when the umpire let a mark go to a player when a free should have been called for a block, ( anyone tell me exactly what is the difference between a block and a shepherd, I believe a block is an unfair interference from a distance???? free kickable. Its what I saw anyway.

Well that day in 2018 with less than a minute to go, that ball should have been in the hands of a Collingwood defendant as a free.

It wasn't, even the commentators mentioned it instantly. The next kick won the game.

I am a member at Hawthorn I have no connection with either of those teams, but the horror of predictions and the anger I have felt about rule fiddling, umpiring that can be so petty and over adjudicated, or totally confusing. It made that incident, make my crappy comment once, a long time ago,
"someday a bloody premiership will be lost by grey rules and yearly fiddling".

All under McLachlan's reign. His legacy is unfairness.
That is no attack on the Eagles, it was close, but it was lost by a mistake in my mind, I think other Collingwood people would be thinking the same thing, if they are serious Magpies.
It'll happen again!

WA umpires, what do you expect?

Are you suggesting there is evidence of match or spot fixing that is being kept hush hush?
What is being said is the opportunities for rigging and set ups cheating for spot betting on things bet under ground COULD be happening already. It is all over the world. Add drugs and fitness fanatics?? Think between the lines on that one.

What it means in simple terms is single individual perception that is unquestionable
( you can't change an umpires decision without a ruckus, and it never happens except with bleeding camera shots)
Every week, every game. Doubt is king!

The AFL has set up a rules operation and training of umpires that is so rigid, and they are trained to the limit, and are supposed to be able to make a "fair" decision in a split moment in time, and they do!!!

And why are so many wrong???? Or unfair ????.

Because of the AFL rule fiddling the greying of rules over years is why.

What they have done is set up a situation ( maybe not deliberately) whereby betting can be easily done underground if you have someone willing, to be approached, for god know how much.

To make a decision that no one will question that, in the halls of fear, someone is making a massive bet.

No reflection on umpires although the Brownlow got fiddled somehow Yes?????
I'd say they are all honest only takes one circumstance, TO RUIN A LIFE.

And we all know the world of sport is a gamblers winning-party, all over the world.

I hope to hell there is nothing happening like that , but in some form it is happening already, only my belief.
Certain people will find advantages , and a bet in our mixed up sporting footy rules, right now, is a prime target.

I am not going as far as to suggest the system of black and white rules has been changed to the grey unfairness we all witness every week now
I think the over kill of worrying about contact and the head are genuine worries , but insurance could save the AFL from further litigation, that is the fear, "money" and of course there'd be some who would indeed be not wanting anyone to get hurt.

But that is the risk of football. Its a contact sport.

So yes the rules are now tiggy touchwood and way way unfair in too many cases.
The AFL innocent or what ever, did go for broke changing rules and I could name several things that I have noticed that make me almost walk out of the room and even when its my team playing.

I get angry as Dennis Commetti comented 2 or 3 years ago, instead of enjoyment its anger management you need to watch it now!

My game all my life, and I can barely recognise it between all the glamour, wealth TV bulldust and other things AFL sport is supposed to stay out of.

So this is probably too long for some to read, but perhaps there are some on here who actually see the damage its done, "these grey" changed rules.
And have a comment?

Because of the AFL rule fiddling the greying of rules over years is why.

A fair observation but coming from totally the wrong direction.

Why do we have a problem with umpires - because the players and coaches are professional.
The players and coaches have pushed the envelope so to speak.
The AFL is guilty of being too slow to react and then forced to overcompensate.
Fans and commentators don't help when they praise a player for deceiving the umpire.

The AFL has been slow to move towards black and white laws
but players, fans, commentators and obviously believe in the "unwritten" laws
like you can push a player in the back running into an open goal,
and you can sheppard a markable ball through the goals
and you can hold the ball as long you like when tackled if eventually you break the tackle
and if you mistakingly miss-kick or miss-bounce a ball then it's not incorrect disposal.

Yes, end the grey with more definitive laws.
Deliberate kick-out replaced with last disposal kick-in.
A ball passing through the goalposts is deemed a goal.
One second to get rid of the ball if you are tackled without prior opportunity.
All ruck contests like the centre bounce-down.

In the U.S.A. they play Ausball which is Australian Football with one major rule - three seconds.
No matter what a player has to dispose of the ball after three seconds.
No running too far, no holding the ball controversy - simples.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back