Umpires influencing games: Exhibit 1 Car v Fre

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Freo fans demanding their pound of flesh. Sorry not happening. One of the best parts of the win is the melts from opposition fans who hate Carlton. You see the same ones in every carlton related thread. It's great. I love the thought of these people, say a Collingwood supporter, sitting on their couches on a Monday night, getting upset because Carlton won a football game on Saturday night in controversial circumstances. And then thinking of a witty remark about Carlton's recent history to devalue their win. Fadge, you must be very sad and very lonely.
What a warped sense of grandeur you Carlton fools have.

You make a generic statement about opposition supporters (particularly Collingwood), and use me as an example, after I was very boisterous in multiple threads last week about the unjust treatment Carlton got from the umpires in their game against West Coast?

Absolutely deluded.

It is the state of the rules (first and foremost) and therefore ability for umpires to consistently apply them that I am concerned with. The result of the Freo v. Carlton game this weekend is simply a clear example of the issues we currently have with our game, and has been supported by posters from all clubs.

You are an imbecile.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
After six rebuilds in 12 years, you'd like to hope they'd be getting pretty good at it by now...
Look at this concern with the "state of the game". Such nuanced analysis here Fadge. Just pointing out your blatant Carlton trolling all over Big Footy and look at the melt you have. The best part is when you try and portray yourself as an objective analyst.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Look at this concern with the "state of the game". Such nuanced analysis here Fadge. Just pointing out your blatant Carlton trolling all over Big Footy and look at the melt you have. The best part is when you try and portray yourself as an objective analyst.
A factual comment does not a troll make.

Do you dispute the fact Carlton have had a high number of unsuccessful rebuilds in recent times?

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
A factual comment does not a troll make.

Do you dispute the fact Carlton have had a high number of unsuccessful rebuilds in recent times?
Could you please tell me what relevance this has in this thread? I've seen you derail other threads like this. Stop making out your some objective observer. You're a nuffy

Also, six rebuilds in 12 years? Delusional. You're bottom of the barrel

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Could you please tell me what relevance this has in this thread? I've seen you derail other threads like this. Stop making out your some objective observer. You're a nuffy

Also, six rebuilds in 12 years? Delusional. You're bottom of the barrel
Carlton are one of the two teams being discussed in this thread, and my comment was in context with the discussion at the time.

Don't be so precious.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Based on this, can you please explain my very vocal (pro-Carlton) position last week, when Carlton were on the receiving end of incompetent umpiring?

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
I’ve just watched the last 10 mins and as an objective observer noted 3 things deep fans have every right to question, without considering the final goal and it’s kicker.

1. 3.30 to go. Free player kicks the ball downfield and gets dropped/pushed after kicking the ball. Free kick but not paid downfield or advantage. Why?
2. 2.30 to go. Same thing. Am I missing something? Both should have been downfield and who knows what could happen from that situation.
3. Liam Jones throws the ball to Eddie. Surely that’s a free kick?

The deliberate out of bounds flowed (eventually) from the kick out after Jones’ point. Without that no “late tackle”, no downfield free (why only pay this one of the 3 that should have been paid in the last 4 mins?) and no goal

Freo should have won. Carlton kod.

All that’s probably been said a dozen times, sorry if it has I haven’t read through the whole thread.

BlueDay

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
From the herald sun... Pretty clear where the Boundary Ump is indicating where it goes out of bounds., versus where the field umpire sets the mark.
View attachment 938869

They stuffed up the graphic...

1597805100863.png

I fixed it for you.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve just watched the last 10 mins and as an objective observer noted 3 things deep fans have every right to question, without considering the final goal and it’s kicker.

1. 3.30 to go. Free player kicks the ball downfield and gets dropped/pushed after kicking the ball. Free kick but not paid downfield or advantage. Why? During the kick not after, affects disposal, free kick paid at the point of dispoal, not down field.
2. 2.30 to go. Same thing. Am I missing something? Both should have been downfield and who knows what could happen from that situation. As above.
3. Liam Jones throws the ball to Eddie. Surely that’s a free kick? Can't see it from the vision in that angle, but he does handpass it. Also, ball is brought back because of the rule regarding players being in protected zone, which includes players of the same team.

The deliberate out of bounds flowed (eventually) from the kick out after Jones’ point. Without that no “late tackle”, no downfield free (why only pay this one of the 3 that should have been paid in the last 4 mins?) and no goal

All that’s probably been said a dozen times, sorry if it has I haven’t read through the whole thread.
As you've identified, it's been addressed multiple times in the thread. Each point is wrong.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

1. 3.30 to go. Free player kicks the ball downfield and gets dropped/pushed after kicking the ball. Free kick but not paid downfield or advantage. Why?
2. 2.30 to go. Same thing. Am I missing something? Both should have been downfield and who knows what could happen from that situation.
3. Liam Jones throws the ball to Eddie. Surely that’s a free kick?

This is the key problem with the application of the rule.

Occasionally it's paid downfield, occasionally it's paid where the player took the possession from, and occasionally it's not paid at all.

It is a dog's breakfast.

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
This is the key problem with the application of the rule.

Occasionally it's paid downfield, occasionally it's paid where the player took the possession from, and occasionally it's not paid at all.

It is a dog's breakfast.
It depends on whether the contact impacted the kick or not.. it's not ambiguous at all, it's pretty clear cut.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Based on this, can you please explain my very vocal (pro-Carlton) position last week, when Carlton were on the receiving end of incompetent umpiring?
What does umpiring decisions have to do with your exaggerated comment about rebuilds? I've asked this question before and you've repeatedly deflected. I suspect it's either because you don't have the intellectual capacity to provide a coherent response or you are blatantly trolling. Either way, you're a flog.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What does umpiring decisions have to do with your exaggerated comment about rebuilds? I've asked this question before and you've repeatedly deflected. I suspect it's either because you don't have the intellectual capacity to provide a coherent response or you are blatantly trolling. Either way, you're a flog.
And I answered the first time you asked the question (as per below). Do you not have the intellectual capacity to comprehend written English?
Carlton are one of the two teams being discussed in this thread, and my comment was in context with the discussion at the time.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
And I answered the first time you asked the question (as per below). Do you not have the intellectual capacity to comprehend written English?
So because the thread is about umpiring in a Carlton game, their list management strategy is somehow relevant? I'm done, you are deluded. I seriously cannot believe how idiotic you are. Laughable

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So because the thread is about umpiring in a Carlton game, their list management strategy is somehow relevant? I'm done, you are deluded. I seriously cannot believe how idiotic you are. Laughable
Context (noun) - discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation.

You might want to thank your Carlton supporting friend for taking us down that specific tangent:
enjoy those grand final wins mate ..oh wait
You cheated your last flag and your team has been a joke since.
Your current 'young' squad isn't that young.
Looking forward to your next rebuild in a few years👍
You blokes have been rebuilding since inception ..so i'd hush if i was you

Back