Roast Umpires rigging the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Found it interesting that just as we got on a role, got the ball forward, Toms about to have a shot, the ball gets taken away for a soft free. Killed all momentum.

What Selwood did when we had possession of the ball in front of goal was stupid and undisciplined.
Don't blame the umpires for that act of stupidity.

Umpire blaming ay? Lol. What an embarassing topic. Would be about number 7,648 on the list of things that led to our pathetic capitulation last night. How about we wake up and worry about what's within our control?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Yep, I love how some are reaching for a conspiracy.
Laughable really. We just got s**t on. End of story.

Conspiracy_Cat_02.jpg

I mean, what's more likely?
A) Conspiracy
B) Every decision that goes against us sticks in the mind, or
C) One-eyed footy fans who are one-eyed enough to post on footy boards are far more biased than the umpire but somehow consider their own point of view as "objective"

The closest I get to suggesting umpire bias is only to suggest that umpires are human too, and can get sucked into a feelgood story - which *did* hurt Sydney in 2016. But that's subconscious, not deliberate like the OP suggests.

I don't by into this I think the game is really hard to umpire & some rules should be simplified, that being said, in the Hawthorn game the 50 that should have been paid against Mitchell & the Henderson clear mark that was not paid was eyebrow raising to say the least.

A) Conspiracy
C) One-eyed footy fans who are one-eyed enough to post on footy boards are far more biased than the umpire but somehow consider their own point of view as "objective"

The closest I get to suggesting umpire bias is only to suggest that umpires are human too, and can get sucked into a feelgood story - which *did* hurt Sydney in 2016. But that's subconscious, not deliberate like the OP suggests.
I’ll go with C

A) Conspiracy

I've seen a lot of games this season where Geelong didn't play and teams i don't give a s**t about,but patterns do evolve and one side at times does get the run of the green form umpires and you shake your head in disbelief more at decisions not give than those give and a good per portion benefit the home side when the crowd is involved.

This wont be a popular post but part of me doesn't blame Joel for that free - but it does highlight a bigger issue.
There is no doubt it was an undisciplined act and im not endorsing that - but I do understand it.

When GAJ was getting targetted back in the day, we'd block for him. Smithy, Bartel, Ling, et al would all chop out the bloke getting flogged.

TEAM first.

Look at it now.

Joel gets tagged and belted every single week. And gets zero help for it. GAJ used to complain about it and he'd get help. Joel gets nothing - so he looks to the umps for help - thus the perception he's always talking to the umps looking for frees.

So when he's been getting belted again and not getting any blocks, any help at all - he snapped and fought back

It was wrong to do and im not saying what he did as right or smart, but im not 100% that the skewering that he's gotten for it is right either. I do think it highlights the lack of team ethos we have right now however and THATS something that should be getting the most attention rather than the skip snapping after 23 weeks of beltings.

GO Catters

I posted the same thing in multiple threads during the game.

It was as biased as anything you’ll see. I’ve had enough of it. Two weeks ago against Sydney we had the same s**t and barely won when we would have won by 5 goals with normal umpiring.

The fact that these umpires can influence games like this with no ramifications is called one thing. Cheating, period! Everyone is scared to use the word. Why? It is what it is. There was one set of rules for Melbourne and another for you all night. Say what you want but I messaged my mate after the game and said with neutral umpiring Geelong win. I don’t know about that but I know you would have been four goals closer towards the end and it would have been game on. There is only one possible reason the umpires can do this and get away with it. Only one. The AFL are corrupt. If they weren’t how could they watch that and not take action? This year I’ve seen three games now that I would say were beyond doubt flat out cheating. All three had Razor Ray by the way and this was one of them.

This wont be a popular post but part of me doesn't blame Joel for that free - but it does highlight a bigger issue.
There is no doubt it was an undisciplined act and im not endorsing that - but I do understand it.

When GAJ was getting targetted back in the day, we'd block for him. Smithy, Bartel, Ling, et al would all chop out the bloke getting flogged.

TEAM first.

Look at it now.

Joel gets tagged and belted every single week. And gets zero help for it. GAJ used to complain about it and he'd get help. Joel gets nothing - so he looks to the umps for help - thus the perception he's always talking to the umps looking for frees.

So when he's been getting belted again and not getting any blocks, any help at all - he snapped and fought back

It was wrong to do and im not saying what he did as right or smart, but im not 100% that the skewering that he's gotten for it is right either. I do think it highlights the lack of team ethos we have right now however and THATS something that should be getting the most attention rather than the skip snapping after 23 weeks of beltings.

GO Catters
A Melbourne players runs off the bench straight into him.

Then an emergency umpire who had no right to pay a free pays a BS free, that if anything should have been for Selwood.

I’m no Geelong fan but it’s absokutely disgusting and I am so tired of it. Ray Chamberlain should be fired and the AFL release a press release apologising to the fans and say they are making a statement against this type of umpiring and won’t tolerate it anymore. BS it was just some bad calls, it was absolutely biased and was all night.

TEAM first.

Look at it now.

GO Catters
THE AFL worries about the image of the game yet lets this crap go on. Why is it that off the play this is OK. 2 thugs to push and shove. If it happened in Soccer there would be a penalty. Please do not say it is a contact sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Melbourne players runs off the bench straight into him.

Then an emergency umpire who had no right to pay a free pays a BS free, that if anything should have been for Selwood.

I’m no Geelong fan but it’s absokutely disgusting and I am so tired of it. Ray Chamberlain should be fired and the AFL release a press release apologising to the fans and say they are making a statement against this type of umpiring and won’t tolerate it anymore. BS it was just some bad calls, it was absolutely biased and was all night.
A set up. The AFL are involved because they say NOTHING. They want Melbourne in for the dollars. What shitsme is Geelong say nothing.

I posted the same thing in multiple threads during the game.

It was as biased as anything you’ll see. I’ve had enough of it. Two weeks ago against Sydney we had the same s**t and barely won when we would have won by 5 goals with normal umpiring.

The fact that these umpires can influence games like this with no ramifications is called one thing. Cheating, period! Everyone is scared to use the word. Why? It is what it is. There was one set of rules for Melbourne and another for you all night. Say what you want but I messaged my mate after the game and said with neutral umpiring Geelong win. I don’t know about that but I know you would have been four goals closer towards the end and it would have been game on. There is only one possible reason the umpires can do this and get away with it. Only one. The AFL are corrupt. If they weren’t how could they watch that and not take action? This year I’ve seen three games now that I would say were beyond doubt flat out cheating. All three had Razor Ray by the way and this was one of them.

A set up. The AFL are involved because they say NOTHING. They want Melbourne in for the dollars. What shitsme is Geelong say nothing.

I felt the same watching the Hawthorn game. It was clear that you guys were not meant to win.

On the Geelong game, I don't think it cost us the game. But it robbed us of the chance to at least make it a contest.

Geelong won't speak out about it. Nor would any of the clubs. It is a very ugly look, and would definitely affect membership numbers negatively. For that we need someone in the media to hold them to account, but wait they are all in the AFL's pocket.

I'm not sure how this issue should be tackled, but I do know that it won't change until fans from a variety of rival clubs start protesting. I dislike Hawthorn as much as the next Geelong supporter, but we need to speak out together if we want it to change.

TEAM first.

Look at it now.

GO Catters
Yup, it’s not the umpires failing Selwood. He receives more free kicks than any other player in the completion.......it’s his team mates. No one flys the flag at the club when our players are being harangued.

It’s pathetic

The game is not run properly.
Selwood is going off the ground and has to be pushed and shoved.
Happens throughout the game day in day out.

Why do they not take this sort of crap out of the game. They worry about the game image. This does not happen in other sports eg soccer, tennis, cricket, etc During the play is one thing but off the ball is another

THe AFL is crap but the game is great
Yes, Selwood's scrap should have been a free against him - but the reality is that there should be no scrap if the umpires are ontop of the niggle and s#it tactics that taggers use during the game.

Yes, Selwood's scrap should have been a free against him - but the reality is that there should be no scrap if the umpires are ontop of the niggle and s#it tactics that taggers use during the game.

This. The umpires are always quick to ping the retaliation, but never see the action they're retaliating to. One of the talking heads on Game Day even mentioned he would've liked to see footage of what happened in the 10-15 seconds before that which caused Joel to react the way he did.

Reminds me of the game where Solomon caved Ling's cheekbone in with his elbow. Freo were niggling the hell out of Geelong in that first quarter, but we were being pinged for retaliating. Think the free kick tally was something like 12-2 Freo's way before the Solomon incident. If the niggling tactics were penalised earlier, it never would've got to that level.

We have an autopsy thread and the goings on of that particular game should be discussed there. Personally I can't believe there isn't a thread devoted to this already. So here goes.

I don't normally talk about umpires because there is nothing you can do about it, but this one has shaken me to the core of my interest in the sport. I love the cats but what is the point if the competition is rigged before you start?

I have never seen a game of football where the umpires were so blatantly biased and instrumental in determining the result. Granted we lost by 5 goals and they outplayed us. But I can think of 2 plays where an abominably bad and inconsistent umpiring calls resulted in a 12 point play. And then there was the play where it was apparently okay to come in late and hold Selwood down by the head with your knee after he's taken the mark. That must simply be a rule change right?

So there you go, there's your 30 points. It doesn't win us the game, but it would have made it a contest at least worth pursuing.
There you go I've said my piece.

Lol what an absolute joke of a thread! I knew that geelong supporters were dumb, but jesus christ, this is a new level of stupiditiy! You actually are that incapable of seeing your team for what it is- washed up and overhyped, that you invent some conspiracy, to hide this realtiy? Are you really that intellectually weak? This is why your team has done nothing since 2011! Still living in the glory days and full of excuses! Everytime geelong lose, it’s not because the opposition was better, but rather because they were unlucky or because of the umpires! Did you ever consider that melbourne were ******* better? You also cite the selwood free kick as the key turning point in the game, but fail to mention that Lewis CLEARLY TOUCHED THE BALL, before Porkins was paid the mark. So if anything the umpire was just correcting the previous mistake. But hey don’t let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

Pathetic mind boggling stupidity is this comment. Care to explain your moronic conspiracy theory that afl is rigged?! Are you honestly that blinded by your arrogance, ignorance and stupidity that you can't accept Geelong aren’t that good? What proof do u have that AFL is rigged? Do you honestly believe that the afl hold meetings that the players and coaches are not aware of, and pay the umpires to rig games, even though you guys both had the same number of free kicks? Christ u are dumb! When were these meetings held? How did the afl instruct the umpires to rig the game? How do the players and coaches not know this? Imagine if u were a professional footballer? You would be furious if this happened! Yet NOT ONE ******* PLAYER SUSPECTS THIS! Just a jealous simpleton who hides behind a keyboard! Do u also believe the earth is flat? *ing moron

Tigers get the rub of the green and lots of blind eyes to obvious throws and attempted fend offs that aren’t called prior opportunity as well.
Except the tigers are last for the free kick count! Kind of pathetic that you can't accept that they are good, and better than your s**t mob so u invent a moronic conspiracy with no evidence. Tigers get pinged way more than any other side! And btw danger and joel throw it all the time, yet get frees just for being tackled. Get off the pipe moron

Except the tigers are last for the free kick count! Kind of pathetic that you can't accept that they are good, and better than your s**t mob so u invent a moronic conspiracy with no evidence. Tigers get pinged way more than any other side! And btw danger and joel throw it all the time, yet get frees just for being tackled. Get off the pipe moron
Solid melt. Bet your story changes if you face the tiges and see the non calls.

Lol what an absolute joke of a thread! I knew that geelong supporters were dumb, but jesus christ, this is a new level of stupiditiy! You actually are that incapable of seeing your team for what it is- washed up and overhyped, that you invent some conspiracy, to hide this realtiy? Are you really that intellectually weak? This is why your team has done nothing since 2011! Still living in the glory days and full of excuses! Everytime geelong lose, it’s not because the opposition was better, but rather because they were unlucky or because of the umpires! Did you ever consider that melbourne were ******* better? You also cite the selwood free kick as the key turning point in the game, but fail to mention that Lewis CLEARLY TOUCHED THE BALL, before Porkins was paid the mark. So if anything the umpire was just correcting the previous mistake. But hey don’t let the truth stand in the way of a good story!

Pathetic mind boggling stupidity is this comment. Care to explain your moronic conspiracy theory that afl is rigged?! Are you honestly that blinded by your arrogance, ignorance and stupidity that you can't accept Geelong aren’t that good? What proof do u have that AFL is rigged? Do you honestly believe that the afl hold meetings that the players and coaches are not aware of, and pay the umpires to rig games, even though you guys both had the same number of free kicks? Christ u are dumb! When were these meetings held? How did the afl instruct the umpires to rig the game? How do the players and coaches not know this? Imagine if u were a professional footballer? You would be furious if this happened! Yet NOT ONE ******* PLAYER SUSPECTS THIS! Just a jealous simpleton who hides behind a keyboard! Do u also believe the earth is flat? ruddy moron

You had an opportunity to post some constructive criticism and counter argument here Zombie1234 but you came into our own camp and went the base route........now THAT is just as moronic and arrogant as anything posted here, hey?

Enjoy your holiday, and maybe use it wisely and learn how to post without being an abusive bogan.

Then you might make a contribution worth our time. Maybe......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back